• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Lol, thats your own fault.  We partied at GSU, Emory, the AUC, and the various clubs downtown.

We know how to party at Tech .... not on campus.   Do better, warc. 

Hahahah I partied at all those places too... but I let someone drag me to a party there one time. And that was it. 

I went to GSU myself. Yeah... those were good parties. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm sorry about your dad. I don't know how recent that is but my condolences. 

Thanks...He died last October from covid...

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 8

11 minutes ago, warcore said:

Hahahah I partied at all those places too... but I let someone drag me to a party there one time. And that was it. 

I went to GSU myself. Yeah... those were good parties. 

Back in my day, the only gt party worth going to was the one the Q's threw.  My boys dj'd that one usually.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Per 1 of my sources, the ball is in Philly's court now to make a decision. Pretty much everyone making offers for Simmons has said, "and this is what I'm willing to do, final offer."

Philly has been holding out to see if there was a better offer out there.  There are 4 legit offers on the table for them to peruse and they aren't thrilled with any of them. Its up to Philly to decide which deal they want. 

Per the guy, if we don't see a deal by the weekend, they will probably hold Simmons for the rest of the year and try to get something done in the summer. Although its possible we could see something right at the deadline, nothing offered so far for Simmons matches up with Philly's scheme, personnel or valuation.

Contrary to media reports, there is no frontrunner because to this point Philly has been unwilling to budge.  There is no such thing as a front runner if the offers are flat rejected.

@thecampsterDo you have the list of the 4 teams with the offers?

One final thought.  Simmon's value has take a serious hit due to the mental health stuff his team floated to try getting him paid. None of the "legit" offers for Simmons would have been taken as serious offers a year ago but his value is very limited as teams are not sold he will play for them if traded for. They believe the sports psychology stuff is legit and not a bargaining ploy.

Teams think he really has mental health issues and that wasn't just a ploy to get Ben paid?  

• Premium Member

I don't have the final offer.  I know our deal as originally suggested was designed around Gallo, Bogi and 2 firsts in a multiteam deal but that info is now 2 weeks old. No one is suggesting what the final offer, argued package was.  All I know is pretty much every team involved with Philly has rescinded their offers or has given a final offer.

Sometimes, when people are bluffing you have to leave them holding the bag.

If I'm Travis, my offer is rescinded and I will let Morey either take Fox or go into the post season as is.   Morey would be stupid to not make a deal with anybody.... and I would not put JC in the deal for Simmons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Teams think he really has mental health issues and that wasn't just a ploy to get Ben paid?  

He might have the yips.  May explain his hesitancy to shoot threes and the decline in free throw shooting.  You'll need a sports psychologist for that. 

Per 1 of my sources, the ball is in Philly's court now to make a decision. Pretty much everyone making offers for Simmons has said, "and this is what I'm willing to do, final offer."

Philly has been holding out to see if there was a better offer out there.  There are 4 legit offers on the table for them to peruse and they aren't thrilled with any of them. Its up to Philly to decide which deal they want. 

Per the guy, if we don't see a deal by the weekend, they will probably hold Simmons for the rest of the year and try to get something done in the summer. Although its possible we could see something right at the deadline, nothing offered so far for Simmons matches up with Philly's scheme, personnel or valuation.

Contrary to media reports, there is no frontrunner because to this point Philly has been unwilling to budge.  There is no such thing as a front runner if the offers are flat rejected.

I really appreciate the insight.  I don't see anything compelling Philly to do a deal sooner rather than later. They are solidly in the playoffs and playing fairly well at the moment so it's not like they are looking for help.  And Simmons is no longer a huge distraction to them or hurting them in any way.  Why trade him to another team early and potentially give him an opportunity to make said team better prior to the playoffs?  

If I knew the Hawks had the ability to continue to play the way they have the last 3 games I'd say just walk away and try again over the summer if he's still available.  Although that may not be an option if Trae is telling Travis what to do.