• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He might have the yips.  May explain his hesitancy to shoot threes and the decline in free throw shooting.  You'll need a sports psychologist for that. 

I can believe it.  His mechanics have never seemed bad.  It's one thing I would prescribe if we did get him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He might have the yips.  May explain his hesitancy to shoot threes and the decline in free throw shooting.  You'll need a sports psychologist for that. 

It's a real detriment to the value they can realize for him.  The arrogant way they seem to be handling the process isn't helping them.

They're mindset seems to be, "He's a primo asset so I want a primo asset in return."

Well, no, he isn't.  And, even if he was, what trade of a high-level player has ever netted equal value back?

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I really appreciate the insight.  I don't see anything compelling Philly to do a deal sooner rather than later. They are solidly in the playoffs and playing fairly well at the moment so it's not like they are looking for help.  And Simmons is no longer a huge distraction to them or hurting them in any way.  Why trade him to another team early and potentially give him an opportunity to make said team better prior to the playoffs?  

If I knew the Hawks had the ability to continue to play the way they have the last 3 games I'd say just walk away and try again over the summer if he's still available.  Although that may not be an option if Trae is telling Travis what to do.  

A pretty strong argument can be made that his value will only fall from here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Jerami Grant:

Sources say Detroit is now asking for two first-round picks or one first-round pick plus a high-upside young player. That's a similar valuation Aaron Gordon garnered last season. Like Gordon at the time of his deal to Denver, Grant still has one year remaining on his contract following this season. Sources say Grant expects to sign a lucrative extension in the ballpark of four years, $112 million this offseason.

* For any team to sign off on a trade for Grant, they'll need assurances of his plans to re-sign this offseason, just like Gordon did in Denver. Grant also has little interest in joining a new situation where he doesn't feature as a primary offensive option, sources said.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant also has little interest in joining a new situation where he doesn't feature as a primary offensive option, sources said.

What the?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47u32ubuyrvco9l8c3qj

Gotdang scrubs gettin' to big for their britches these days.

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No From Me Dawg GIFs | Tenor

Post of the day.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Every guy wants to be the primary option, because every guy wants a big contact. I wouldn't worry about those remarks. What team would he be the primary option for?

No they don't because that's not the only path to a big contract.

Those remarks are problematic for multiple reasons:

a. His game doesn't support that desired role.

b. He left a winning opportunity (DEN) to pursue that role so it's not just 'talk' for him.

c. That role's not available for him here.

d. It's also an indication of how he expects to be paid which, again, isn't likely available here.

To answer your question, he could be the primary option on a tanking team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I check in and out on this board every so often, and I have to say, it’s so comforting to see how committed this group is to the whole “my sources tell me” BS.

Supes had most of you going for awhile before folks figured out he was full of it, but now to see copycat “insiders” just warms my heart. LOL

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Every guy wants to be the primary option, because every guy wants a big contact. I wouldn't worry about those remarks. What team would he be the primary option for?

JC just demonstrated how you can get a fat contract while decreasing his role in the process.

These dudes don't want to win, they want to chuck shots up while getting paid winner money. 

There's gotta be a limit to a players earning potential if they aint winning games. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

JC just demonstrated how you can get a fat contract while decreasing his role in the process.

These dudes don't want to win, they want to chuck shots up while getting paid winner money. 

There's gotta be a limit to a players earning potential if they aint winning games. 

I wish there was, but it's hard to juggle that.  To win, you gotta have/keep guys.  To keep guys, you gotta pay.  Oftentimes, before they actually win.  Hard process.

I do agree with your first 2 statements though.  There's a lot of guys that just happen to be good at basketball.  For them, winning either happens or it doesn't.  They just go home.

Great ones care ... and are also good at it.

It's the same in all walks of life, really.  jmho

• Like 3

Per Shams aka 'my sources', Turner (IND) has a stress reaction in his foot.  To be re-evaluated in 2 weeks.

Pacers asking price about to nosedive.

Just now, Sothron said:

Grant should have stayed in Denver. I hope we don't trade for him. He has no fit on our team.

He fits.  Just not in the role he wants.  He's best basically the same role he had for DEN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Per Shams aka 'my sources', Turner (IND) has a stress reaction in his foot.  To be re-evaluated in 2 weeks.

He fits.  Just not in the role he wants.  He's best basically the same role he had for DEN.

Woj 'Sources' saying he may be out beyond the trade deadline.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He doesn't want to be an energy sixth man off the bench. I agree with him that he's better than that role but as a third option as a starter. Nowhere near the primary option on offense. If he had stayed in Denver and Porter was healthy boy Denver would be scary. As it is Gordon has played much better than I thought for Denver.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd say he's best in between the DEN and DET roles. He's more than capable as a 3rd option but not a 1st option. The question is if he can be a reliable 2nd option. I honestly don't know.

Either way, I was certain that would be the asking price. The bigger problem for a team like the Hawks is the extension. You'd basically be choosing him over JC and that's a fairly lateral move to me.

• Like 3