• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Mr. Full of It is back with an update: 

Hawks Front: TS is more active right now than he was when he made all of those trades in the COVID shorten season. 

The biggest news I got was Atlanta's offer for Simmons, did include JC but did not include Hunter but Philly wanted Hunter but treated him like a throw-in. Atlanta wasn't interested. That said, Philly did say and this was before he came back that they will keep an eye out on Hunter in particular. I was told, Philly declined Atlanta's initial offer as did Atlanta when Philly countered. This one will go down to the end. 

What is the purpose of Philly keeping an eye out on Hunter if Atlanta declined the counteroffer including him and JC?  Wouldn't we just decline it again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GameTime said:

What is the purpose of Philly keeping an eye out on Hunter if Atlanta declined the counteroffer including him and JC?  Wouldn't we just decline it again?

Likely trying to see if Hunter may be thrown in near the end to get the trade done . I don’t think Hunter has ever been included is what Supes is saying so philly is monitoring Hunters status.

schlenk is unlikely to include hunter in my opinion. An offer of Collins, Bogi, Gallo and first rd picks is a hell of a deal for Simmons and to get out of Harris contract if that’s what’s on the table anyways.

I personally believe the longer Morey waits the less likely he will get what he wants in return.

philly is playing well without Simmons right now but it’s still a max player not playing who they aren’t even fining anymore. I just believe the leverage lessens as the days go by.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The rumor is both to match salaries, nothing more.

Sorry what do you mean by this ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Is Chris Haynes the new Trae Young mouthpiece?

Damn Trae may want to address this publicly. Chris made Trae seem like a straight up stuck up asshole. I don’t think that’s how Trae approached the front office “demanding things”…I seriously doubt that. He probably gave his opinion and it was probably a strong opinion and perhaps it included some players he’d like to see in ATL…..but “demanding things” nah not at this stage.

Chris is probably taking demanding out of context and the kid just really want to win. 

the part about Trae playing more off ball sounds like a Schlenk thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Is Chris Haynes the new Trae Young mouthpiece?

I don't even disagree with that analysis though -- Trae being able to play offball more and find catch and shoot opportunities will make us better.  I'd love for @NBASupes or @thecampster or @Sothron to comment on the tone though.  Maybe Trae is being a big diva right now but I doubt it... I also question if Trae would be happy shipping Hunter out.  As weird as it sounds, I get the feeling he wouldn't mind JC being traded.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm gonna be honest, I wouldn't want to trade either one of them for Simmons, but if the Hawk had to trade one, they can have JC.  With Okongwu coming along and the potential of adding Jalen Johnson to the mix, the Hawks would be fine without Collins.  I see too much potential with Hunter to let him go.

I hate to agree but I do. I think there’s still a very big issue offensively with having another player being able to run the offense outside of Trae.

defensively some may not be able to believe it  but I can see the hawks improving here simply with more effort and hunter along with capela at some point returning.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I hate to agree but I do. I think there’s still a very big issue offensively with having another player being able to run the offense outside of Trae.

defensively some may not be able to believe it  but I can see the hawks improving here simply with more effort and hunter along with capela at some point returning.

I just don't see it.  The Hawks have enough non shooters in the starting line up already with Capela and Bogi.  Now you want to add Simmons to the mix?  Plus he isn't a rebounder either.  I don't like it one bit

• Premium Member

If we could see Simmons on the court to have some type of acknowledgement that he has dealt with his issues and can still play, I’d be fine with giving up some talent to get him. I just don’t think we need to get rid of JC for him. There is too much uncertainty with Simmons.

I’m with @Sothronand I think Bogi is underrated around here. He just can’t stay healthy, which is obviously an issue. Honestly, imagining this team (mainly Bogi, Capella, Hunter, and OO) healthy makes me feel better about what we could do. If I’m Schlenk, I sit with the roster and wait to evaluate in the off-season, minus any small upgrades. 

• Like 1