• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's one thing to take a risk on a player whose maturity is legitimately in doubt.

Ya this is what keeps bringing me back to reality. Even if it works in theory, his whole attitude and personality would need to change I think.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just have to say, though no one has any reason to care... I'm one of those who wouldn't want Ben Simmons on this team even if he cost us nothing in trade.

It's one thing to take a risk on a player's max contract and 3 1/2 years more of paying him.

It's one thing to take a risk on a player whose maturity is legitimately in doubt.

Either one of those is enough not to make a trade. Together, they're damning evidence to not make a trade.

But wait. When you then add to that, you take a risk of dismissing proven talents in exchange for that player???

Insanity. Desperation. Not only Pollyanna's, but also her sister Pandora's proverbial box.

Stay sober, Travis. Please. Don't be fooled/tempted by this Medusa of a player. There are things that are pleasing to the eye, but don't let your eyes blind what good sense is in your brain.

Congrats on Coco Crisp he’s a good one. Same with Bill Mueller I remember him coming up with the Giants hard nose guy and Coco had his own dance in Oakland. Strength to staff ✔️ 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

his whole attitude and personality

I'm reminded of what an exceptional talent Cousins was at the height of his career. Many envisioned he would become such a dominant force... I was one of those.

But attitude and maturity sometimes (if not often) prevent a player from becoming all that his other assets predicted. The height of his career turned out to be far short of where it once seemed headed.

Simmons is still young enough that it's not beyond reason to think he could mature significantly by the time this contract finishes. Would be happy to revisit then, but not before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

But it is. And I say that as someone that's been to game for many years. Are TV ratings? Meh. Our attendance hasn't been in the top 5 ever. In the NBA, a big market is LA, NY, MIA, and CHI. DAL, HOU, BOS, PHI, and TOR are considered mid sized. Everyone else is small market 

If this was college football, Atlanta is the epicenter 

Ain't tryna burst your bubble but OKC aren't trading Giddey for no one on our roster outside of their hometown boy.

Agreed. They love Giddey..

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

But it is. And I say that as someone that's been to game for many years. Are TV ratings? Meh. Our attendance hasn't been in the top 5 ever. In the NBA, a big market is LA, NY, MIA, and CHI. DAL, HOU, BOS, PHI, and TOR are considered mid sized. Everyone else is small market 

If this was college football, Atlanta is the epicenter 

Ain't tryna burst your bubble but OKC aren't trading Giddey for no one on our roster outside of their hometown boy.

Giddy is a stud. Future all star.

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Those are 2 year old rumors.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47oj71n04yr29y6m3p24

...... you callin' me a 2 year-old?

Kidding.  Apparently some clown at Bleacher Report is sayin..... ok, now that I say it out loud it sounds ridiculous.

But yeah, some dude is still gettin' clicks off 'em.

I really need to start my twit account.  I'd be on BSPN by April Fool's day.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jerami Grant:

Sources say Detroit is now asking for two first-round picks or one first-round pick plus a high-upside young player. That's a similar valuation Aaron Gordon garnered last season. Like Gordon at the time of his deal to Denver, Grant still has one year remaining on his contract following this season. Sources say Grant expects to sign a lucrative extension in the ballpark of four years, $112 million this offseason.

* For any team to sign off on a trade for Grant, they'll need assurances of his plans to re-sign this offseason, just like Gordon did in Denver. Grant also has little interest in joining a new situation where he doesn't feature as a primary offensive option, sources said.

More:

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Media reports say Washington is the most likely landing spot for Grant and I'd have to agree. It just makes too much sense.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/charles-barkley-criticizes-sixers-being-214723143.html

So I talked about media types being told things and them having a good by date.  The above is a perfect example. In his take, Sir Charles asserts there are "Good Deals" out there for Ben. I'll assume these are the 4 I was told are out there (was asked yesterday about the teams and we all know about Sac, Det, but few may know that the Clippers have explored something fairly complicated). Anyway, Charles knows the deals (he's tight in the Philly community) and almost blabbed about it. See below:

"There’s some good trades out there, but the Sixers are being stubborn and wasting Joel Embiid’s great season. They’re just being stupid. Just being stupid."

Not only does he know details of the deals but he obviously has a favorite that he thinks would push them over the top, based on his comment.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Not sure I like the WAS deal if I'm DET.

Washington have young guys like Avdija and Rui, etc to trade for Grant. Detroit should be rebuilding and getting young guys and assets for their vets.  They should also move Olynyk.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Clippers have explored something fairly complicated

I wonder what that would look like...Morris, Zuba, Mann in terms of 'assets' plus salary filler ....but doesn't address the complicated part.