• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Warriors getting rid of Draymond would be a travesty.  You can disagree with his contract but his impact on the floor is higher than some guys who make the all-star team.  And his fit is perfect for GS -- he won't have nearly the impact elsewhere.  His defense and defensive leadership probably speaks for itself, but the offense runs through him as well and his two-man game alone with Curry is lethal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Warriors getting rid of Draymond would be a travesty.  You can disagree with his contract but his impact on the floor is higher than some guys who make the all-star team.  And his fit is perfect for GS -- he won't have nearly the impact elsewhere.  His defense and defensive leadership probably speaks for itself, but the offense runs through him as well and his two-man game alone with Curry is lethal

They might break up this group down the road. But the Steph, Klay Draymond triumvirate has at least 2 to 3 years of run left it in. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, thecampster said:

image.png.c53506834906bc24bbe60bb41b0b9a3d.png

So many questions...

What about the stuff you hear that you don't care to talk about that end up as Threads on the Squawk.  What is that called?

And..

Is the stuff you care to talk about that end up on the squawk = B.S. ?  or Wishful thinking?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I wonder if this is the year that Draymond wins DPOY?

Moreover, is there any way that Draymond becomes a HOFer with no Allstar appearances?

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm reminded of what an exceptional talent Cousins was at the height of his career. Many envisioned he would become such a dominant force... I was one of those.

But attitude and maturity sometimes (if not often) prevent a player from becoming all that his other assets predicted. The height of his career turned out to be far short of where it once seemed headed.

Simmons is still young enough that it's not beyond reason to think he could mature significantly by the time this contract finishes. Would be happy to revisit then, but not before.

I think his fall was more about health than anything else to be fair.  The last time a season tipped off where he played 50 games was 2016.  This year, he is still putting up 19.3 points (.572% TS%) and 12.3 rebounds per 36 (i.e., his minutes are still very productive even though he is a shell of his former self physically and is no longer featured on offense like when he was putting up ~5 assists per game).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They might break up this group down the road. But the Steph, Klay Draymond triumvirate has at least 2 to 3 years of run left it in. 

With the guys coming behind them, I doubt that they break up the group.   I think they let them retire as Oakland Legends. 

Sucks to hear SAC may be over the Hawks in the Simmons deal but I understand not taking on Tobias contract.

I don’t even hate Tobias he’s just overpaid.

I think it’s going to be a big miss for Schlenk in terms of getting another all star here with Trae if he misses out on Simmons but oh well that’s just my opinion.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sucks to hear SAC may be over the Hawks in the Simmons deal but I understand not taking on Tobias contract.

I think it’s going to be a big miss for Schlenk in terms of getting another all star here with Trae if he misses out on Simmons but oh well that’s just my opinion.

I also want Simmons for a reasonable price but am happy Schlenk does not get over-invested in one player or idea and end up over-paying.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

When I heard that Sac was offering:

Hield, Barnes, Haliburton, and Bagley for Harris and Simmons... I said.. Sheez.. Morey is a freakin Genuis.

The second part of Fox to Indy for Sabonis is nice too.

Although I know Sac will regret moving Haliburton...  That team will be kinda scary...

OK, enough about Simmons and the Sixers. What other teams are in all-out desperation mode here? Give me your shortlist of places where you’d be stunned if there wasn’t significant change.

Aldridge: Certainly, Atlanta. That 2022 first the Hawks got from New York in the Cam Reddish deal will likely convey next year (it’s top-18 protected), giving Atlanta some significant ammo if it wants to make a blockbuster deal before the deadline. But I think Boston’s even more likely to shake things up.

Hollinger: Well, I think we have to start here in Atlanta, where my Hawks just lost 10 straight home games after making the conference finals a year ago. Trae Young won’t be traded, and Clint Capela can’t be, but pretty much anything else seems like it’s on the table right now. I’d be shocked if Cam Reddish was the Hawks’ only midseason maneuver after the way this year has gone, and the weaknesses that have been exposed. If I had to bet, I’d say “Gallinari plus picks” makes an appearance in multiple outbound trade proposals for somebody, anybody, who can play competent defense.

https://theathletic.com/3078346/2022/01/19/insiders-think-a-ben-simmons-deal-gets-done-plus-a-pulse-on-teams-desperation-factor-nba-trade-deadline-roundtable/