• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

Scotto: Yossi, you touched on Jake’s reporting. I also heard one of Detroit’s offers for Ben Simmons was slightly different, with the package being Jerami Grant, Saddiq Bey and Josh Jackson straight up for Ben Simmons, which was rejected. Currently, Philadelphia doesn’t view Detroit as a trade partner for Simmons. Among the teams still keeping tabs on Simmons in the trade market are the Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Toronto Raptors, and Indiana Pacers.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/myles-turner-injury-jerami-grant-trade-talks-joe-cronin-future/

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

First time hearing Toronto in the Simmons Sweepstakes.   All I can think is Anunoby and Dragic for Simmons.  It's a very good package.  Built to win a championship this year.   Simmons, Siakim, and Trent playing defense should scare the league.

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sucks to hear SAC may be over the Hawks in the Simmons deal but I understand not taking on Tobias contract.

I don’t even hate Tobias he’s just overpaid.

I think it’s going to be a big miss for Schlenk in terms of getting another all star here with Trae if he misses out on Simmons but oh well that’s just my opinion.

Sac has so many pieces they could mix and match in a trade. Hield, Fox, Halliburton, Barnes, Bagley. Hard to see how we could match their offer.

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It would have to come down to flexibility and picks.  Considering SAC seems to be willing to take back Harris, that's a high hill to climb for ATL.

The crazy part..

If we did trade enough to take back both Harris and Simmons...

The question is how does Harris compare to JC?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Our deal centers around JC. Their deal centers around Fox. Thing is they have a similar type player in Maxey. 

I agree about fox.  But the thing that many outlets are saying is that Sactown would take Harris and Send Haliburton instead of fox.

This morning, there is talk of Fox to Indy for Sabonis.   The way that that happens is if Sac gets back Sabonis and McConnell (makes sense for Sac) or Sabonis and Holiday (which is what I can see )

Simmons + Sabonis?  I don't know why they wouldn't want Turner instead.  However, if they gut their Pgs....and Haliburton...Sactown could have their long range plans done. 

If Philly did get Haliburton, I want to see what they'd take for Curry. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think his fall was more about health than anything else to be fair.  The last time a season tipped off where he played 50 games was 2016.  This year, he is still putting up 19.3 points (.572% TS%) and 12.3 rebounds per 36 (i.e., his minutes are still very productive even though he is a shell of his former self physically and is no longer featured on offense like when he was putting up ~5 assists per game).

Point very well-taken.

But/and... it's just that much more testimony to how his attitude/demeanor works against him, when one considers that even though somewhat productive, the guy still finds it difficult to get and hold onto an NBA roster spot... no?

So, both, not just one or the other has gotten in his way.

(And maybe could have chosen a better exhibit to substantiate the point, but he leaped to mind.)

40 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The crazy part..

If we did trade enough to take back both Harris and Simmons...

Per Game Table
Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 John Collins 2021-22 24 38 38 32.4 6.4 12.0 .536 1.4 3.3 .435 5.0 8.8 .574 .595 2.9 3.7 .793 1.8 6.1 7.9 1.9 0.6 1.1 1.2 3.1 17.2
2 Tobias Harris 2021-22 29 34 34 34.8 6.9 15.1 .457 1.2 3.8 .313 5.7 11.3 .505 .496 3.1 3.7 .856 1.2 6.2 7.4 3.8 0.5 0.6 1.7 2.1 18.1

Data courtesy Stathead.com.

The question is how does Harris compare to JC?

I'm going to say the unpopular thing and say that I actually wouldn't mind Harris after looking a little more into him and thinking about it.  I agree with everyone that he's WAY WAY overpaid, but as a player?  I think it would be interesting.  I'm of the opinion that Trae will make anyone better, so I would fully expect JC's production to go down if he is traded away and Harris' production would go up if he's playing with Trae and Simmons.  

Here's a deal that works salary-wise:

Philly gets:  JC, Bogie, Gallo, Dieng

Hawks get:  Simmons, Harris

I have ZERO understanding how the CAP would work once Trae and Kev's new contracts kick in. So it may all be moot if it puts the team too far into the tax over the next few years.  But as far as players go, I wouldn't mind it.  

While Simmons was getting conditioned to play actual games, the lineup could look like this:

Trae / Wright

Kev / Lou

Hunter / TLC

Harris / OO

Capela / OO

And then once Simmons is ready to contribute, they could bring him in to play with Trae.

Trae / Wright

Kev / Lour

Hunter / TLC

Simmons / Harris

OO / Capela

And then in the offseason you trade Clint for another wing and sign another C to backup OO.

I think if they are trading JC for Simmons, they need to replace the shooting of JC and Simmons won't do that.  So at least Harris would do that to an extent.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 3

SMH every hawks gm stands pat and overvalue our own players to me.

We get an opportunity and always seem to stall. Can never pair our legit all star with another legit all star because there’s this false hope what we have will turn into star material.

smh couldn’t get Nique true all star level help, couldn’t get S. Smith true all star level help, couldn’t get Johnson true all star level  help, couldn’t get Sap true all star level help….and Trae is about to be added to the list.

I don’t dislike this current team but there are issues that I just don’t believe can be fixed with the current skill set. I’m glad we beat the bucks the other day but I haven’t forgotten about all the other games played this season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

These orchestrated types of leaks are what teams use to see if there will be fan uproar if they trade certain players. It means they've been discussed in deals, but the team isn't sure what fan reaction will be. Its a public focus group if you will.

Hawks willing to engage in trade talks for John Collins, Bogdan Bogdanovic

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm going to say the unpopular thing and say that I actually wouldn't mind Harris after looking a little more into him and thinking about it.  I agree with everyone that he's WAY WAY overpaid, but as a player?  I think it would be interesting.  I'm of the opinion that Trae will make anyone better, so I would fully expect JC's production to go down if he is traded away and Harris' production would go up if he's playing with Trae and Simmons.  

Here's a deal that works salary-wise:

Philly gets:  JC, Bogie, Gallo, Dieng

Hawks get:  Simmons, Harris

I have ZERO understanding how the CAP would work once Trae and Kev's new contracts kick in. So it may all be moot if it puts the team too far into the tax over the next few years.  But as far as players go, I wouldn't mind it.  

While Simmons was getting conditioned to play actual games, the lineup could look like this:

Trae / Wright

Kev / Lou

Hunter / TLC

Harris / OO

Capela / OO

And then once Simmons is ready to contribute, they could bring him in to play with Trae.

Trae / Wright

Kev / Lour

Hunter / TLC

Simmons / Harris

OO / Capela

And then in the offseason you trade Clint for another wing and sign another C to backup OO.

I think if they are trading JC for Simmons, they need to replace the shooting of JC and Simmons won't do that.  So at least Harris would do that to an extent.  

I’d almost take Harris contract at this point and in 2024 he’d be an attractive trade piece due to a massive expiring contract.

play Harris at the 4 defensively. Offensively at the 3. Harris can’t be much worse than Huerter on defense.

pg- Trae

sg-Hunter

sf- Simmons (on defense)

pf-Harris (on defense)

c-Capela 

we get a bigger group of players on the court with Trae and the benefits of Simmons playmaking. Then in the summer go after Myles Turner in a trade that involves Capela.

• Like 1