• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bushel-o'-Bulls "at" Handful-o'-Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I missed the game? Just saw the score now. Is it worth watching? Maaaan, ugh I hate seeing the score.

What the hell happened to us? :blush:

Trae and Cam show early on on offense..Hawks defense was ass all game long..Vooch the secret weapon...Trae with the predictable late 4th quarter.
Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I missed the game? Just saw the score now. Is it worth watching? Maaaan, ugh I hate seeing the score.

Derozan put on a mid range shooting clinic and Vucevic exposed Capela’s weak base once again.  Nothing to see on our end but some statting by Trae and Cam.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:
Trae and Cam show early on on offense..Hawks defense was ass..Vooch the secret weapon...Trae with the predictable late 4th quarter.

Giving up 130 at home again, wtf!!! Did we pretend to play defense at all? 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t know what the answer is. While I can admit bulls hit some tough shots the perimeter defense has been our biggest defensive issue as a team.

I just want to know what the plan is first off….there was a lot of on purpose switching  going on more so in the 4th than any other quarter from the looks of it …is that McMillans late game defensive strategy or is it just him working with what he has due to COVID???

If the plan is to switch alot on defense in close games or vs tough opponents …I’m ok with it when we are healthy and OO and hunter can be out on the court with Reddish. Ultimately McMillan need to find a way to hide Trae defensively as much as possible and keep capela near the goal as much as possible….not sure where to start but he’s been a defensive minded coach his whole damn career so I expect him to figure something out soon.

Our rotations are just slow and poor.  Bulls made some tough shots with hands in their face, but in other instances, the rotations were just slow, or we were trying to double someone we shouldn't even be trying to help on.

The video box score hides nothing.  Click on any blue number to see that stat for each player or for the team in general.

https://www.nba.com/game/chi-vs-atl-0022100502/box-score#box-score

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Giving up 130 at home again, wtf!!! Did we pretend to play defense at all? 

The Bulls hit some contested shots at the end of the first and second 5 pts there. 

The defense was bad in the 3rd, but all things considered they competed in the 4th and the Bulls hit a ton of shots again on contests. 

It was 130 points, but this was far from the Denver game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It was a good game.  Bulls literally hit everything.

It's like playing the computer on a video game, and them making every shot whenever you got close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You guys see what you want to see.

Women lie, men lie, but the video box score doesn't lie.  

Click on DeRozan's or Lavine's FGM number, and watch for yourself, if you dare.

Trae got caught on DeRozan one time and got scored on.  He also got caught jogging down the court going toward his man, while Lavine was streaking behind him ready to receive a pass for an easy 2.

Other than that . . . find me some plays where Lavine and DeRozan "barbecued" Trae.

The only people getting barbequed all game, were our wings.

Cam wasn't barbequed.  The Bulls went to whoever he wasn't guarding out of Lavine and Derozan. 

• Like 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Watch the videos, sir.  Lavine got whatever he wanted, no matter who was guarding him.  DeRozan too.  Cam didn't slow either guy down.

I watched the game. He had good contests on a ton of their shots.  They hit them, but it wasn't bad defense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Our rotations are just slow and poor.  Bulls made some tough shots with hands in their face, but in other instances, the rotations were just slow, or we were trying to double someone we shouldn't even be trying to help on.

The video box score hides nothing.  Click on any blue number to see that stat for each player or for the team in general.

Wow.  When they come out with video box scores?!?!  Them folks at NBA.com ain’t playing.

But yeah this team has crap rotations.  The best defensive teams get there a step early, the worst ones always late if at all.  So much defensive versatility missing in Wright, Dre, and OO tonight so no surprise.  I’m just hoping the team is fully healthy and ducking the ‘Rona for the last month.  They’ll make up ground quickly for a sneak-in spot.

Edited by benhillboy

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I watched the game. He had good contests on a ton of their shots.  They hit them, but it wasn't bad defense.

I think a lot of our guys had good contests on shots.  Bulls just knocked them down.

Contested or not, if a guy is constantly making shots over you, you're getting cooked.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think a lot of our guys had good contests on shots.  Bulls just knocked them down.

Contested or not, if a guy is constantly making shots over you, you're getting cooked.

Derozan made 2 shots against Cam.

Lavine made 4 or 5 shots.  Two of those came off good screens from Vuc.  

Lavine did hit tough shots, but you said both of them cooked him.  They did not. He had some good defense and the Bulls MOSTLY went away from which one he was guarding. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

This team doesn't have many players worth keeping. Horrible team and Schlenk should be fired.

Cam is Gerald Green basically. A volume scoring 3D player.

Schlenk should have known better than to give Cap and Collins big contracts. Now this team is doomed.

Have they done anything notable yet this season?

Edited by Plainview1981

30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Derozan made 2 shots against Cam.

Lavine made 4 or 5 shots.  Two of those came off good screens from Vuc.  

Lavine did hit tough shots, but you said both of them cooked him.  They did not. He had some good defense and the Bulls MOSTLY went away from which one he was guarding. 

You're being a little sensitive now. 

I initially said that they cooked our wings.  No names named.

You then said that Cam didn't get cooked.

I then said that Lavine and DeRozan got anything they wanted regardless of who was guarding them, and that Cam didn't slow either guy down.

At worst, together Lavine and DeRozan made 6 - 7 shots over Cam.  Even if he contested 5 of them, he still got that barbeque action from them.

They made tough shots.  I tip my hat to them.  That still doesn't take away from Cam's outstanding offensive game. tonight.

Hawks next 6 are on the road including a west coast swing that includes the Blazers, Kings, Lakers and Clipps!!!

Adam Silver, I hate you. Seriously, we do well last year and he tries his hardest to destroy us. :angry2:

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a lie.

You’re gonna make me watch and decide for myself aren’t you?