• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hardly-Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

How bad does this free fall go? 15-20 before we play the Blazers next Monday with hopefully more guys back?

Do we turn it around at Sacramento on Wednesday?

We could be 6 games under .500, just like we were last season, before we get most of our team back. But here is the messed up part. We WERENT playing good basketball even before Covid attrition. 

When will this team ever hit it's stride again?

I called 15-20 a while ago.....Will Nate get fired too? LP had a depleted roster also...Not this bad I know.. lol

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

What is it going to take for McMillan to go into a full zone with capela on the floor???

let vucevic stay on the perimeter with a guard! Who cares! He’s not going to blow past a guard. He can’t shoot over him sure but as long as the shot is contested at the best effort and capela is near the rim the better off we are defensively no matter who’s playing 10 day contractors or our regular starters.

this team even when healthy is not good enough as a whole to play heavy man to man switching defense. We are a zone defensive team! Keep Trae near the baselines so he don’t have to cover as much space like he would at the top of the key.

im growing frustrated with McMillans stubbornness. The strategy he has put out this season isn’t working even when healthy offensively or defensively. 

if capela is going to be asked to be on the perimeter this much we need to trade him. His rebounding isn’t even impactful this season because we just don’t get enough stops and offensively we truly have the same issue as last season where we need another ball handler playmaker or scorer….again 10 day contract players or regular rotation players same results from bad strategy all around.

What has Nate done better than LP did (this season)  His defense and rotations are just as bad.....Not giving up on him.  Just sayin..

Edited by terrell

@JeffS17 For the record I didn’t wear my Cam jersey tonight so it doesn’t effect our win and losses. I’m not putting a Cam jersey on when he has to play alongside MO, d*ck AND HARRY! :angry2:

Just now, kg01 said:

Wait, so are folk really acting like Trae and capela are the problems tonight?

Ya they are, what are you gonna do about it? :sarcastic:Tough guy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I made the decision not to watch this game and instead watched the Hornets. it was a fun game and the Hornets won. I don't see the point of watching the fake Hawks and getting even more angry with Adam Silver and the NBA than I currently am now.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@JeffS17 For the record I didn’t wear my Cam jersey tonight so it doesn’t effect our win and losses. I’m not putting a Cam jersey on when he has to play alongside MO, d*ck AND HARRY! :angry2:

Ya they are, what are you gonna do about it? :sarcastic:Tough guy!

Ya know, I'm not even gonna deride the 10dayers anymore.  It's not these guys' fault.  You can see it in some of their faces.   They're just out there tryna get a job, man.  They can't even enjoy the moment.  Some of them almost look a bit embarrassed.  I feel bad for them.  See, kg gots a big heart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

What has Nate done better than LP did (this season)  His defense and rotations are just as bad.....Not giving up on him.  Just sayin..

Sadly nothing.

I expected better honestly from McMillan but the truth is at least in my opinion he’s not playing his players to their strengths defensively.

I get capela may have a lingering injury and seems to be winded more this season but it really could have a lot to do with how he’s being used. 

its literally driving me insane whenever capela is out on the perimeter…and you can tell they are switching on purpose. I say turn every team into a jump shooting team and at the very least protect the rim (something we know capela can do at high rate and collins when he’s out there)….

bulls had 32pts in the paint and a lot of them were easy baskets and back door cuts with no big at the rim.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Some love to be miserable and complain like we don't have a g league roster out there with Chicago with their big three.

Are les miserables really out here thinking Trae's effort on defense is why they're down fifty-leven points?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And that was basically a piss poor 4 minutes in this game, that is the difference.  We couldn't even score and they built that huge lead.

Otherwise, we're playing the Bulls almost even.

Yep, and ass bad as the defense can be.....when we go on these scoring droughts and can't even score 20 points in a quarter....we won't win many games.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, so are folk really acting like Trae and capela are the problems tonight?

The only thing I didn't like about Trae tonight, is that I don't think he came in with the right mindset in the 1st half.  I needed him in FULL attack mode, and a lot more locked in on defense ( at least don't give up easy baskets ).  I would say Cam came out with the same mindset.

In the 2nd half, he was much better with his attack and with his defensive effort.  When you're short handed, your best players have to look on shouldering even more of the load.

They're not the first NBA team to play shorthanded.  I just needed that 2nd half effort in the 1st half.

G-Leaguers played about as well as they could tonight.

• Like 3