• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hardly-Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

And you predicted 14-20 so you weren't right. 

They weren't playing well, but 14-20 was just you being negative and venting and you know it.

Thought I said 15-20.....But not that much difference anyway.....And what is their to be positive about right now other than Cam playing better?

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hornets again??? Lol. I took the Nuggets with Jokic, the Wolves with Towns, but if you have a Ball 🥜 fettish we are through! :angry2: Not to mention your LJ jersey! 

1. Nuggets

2. Wolves

3. Hornets 🐝 

The Hornets are a prime example of playing to the strength of their team . . . which is offense.

That team doesn't even think about playing defense on most nights.  They go out with the mindset of trying to outscore you.  That's their identity.

That's one of the things we lack this year . . . an identity.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Guess I will be the first to say it. I’m starting not to believe in Nate.

may be a bad game to say this with so many rotation players out but to me same shit different folks….and why in the world would you not take this opportunity to play your two rooks smh.

mcmillian and his son are destroying this team with whatever strategy and rotations they keep throwing out. 

If you blame Nate for today's game.. Come on man.

The two rooks are both on Covid protocol.  We only had 4 of our players available. 

not to mention we were playing a division leading Chicago team who looked like they were not missing any key players. 

Are you kidding me?

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hornets are a prime example of playing to the strength of their team . . . which is offense.

That team doesn't even think about playing defense on most nights.  They go out with the mindset of trying to outscore you.  That's their identity.

Ya but how far will that get them in the whole scheme of things, when the playoffs start and things slow down they are dead in the water with no D.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Northcyde... Is that you??

We do have an identity.   Like it or not, our identity is Trae and Teamwork.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t blame anyone right now but the NBA. No report cards because they’re all incomplete grades thus far. 

I’m not judging Nate or Capela.

Hoping Nate turns this shit around when we get semi-healthy.....But if its too late, chalk it up as a developmental year..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t blame anyone right now but the NBA. No report cards because they’re all incomplete grades thus far. 

I’m not judging Nate or Capela.

Those missed bunnies hurt. It's become a "thing" now. You can't count on him to finish around the rim consistently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ja Morant goes for 41 points on 27 shots tonight in a win over the Lakers.   No Dillon Brooks, so he came out looking for his shot early and often.  He made 3s and he got to the FT line often.

Trae just needed to be a little more aggressive than what he was tonight in that 1st half, and looked for his own shot.  Once he established himself scoring, then you get everyone else involved . . . instead of the other way around.  But if need be, you keep scoring.

I want Trae looking to score 40 vs the Cavs.  No more passive play.  Get your points, and get others involved when they're open.

Most important . . stay aggressive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pretty sure that is Hawks related in your book.

My point is Hawks shouldn't make you miserable in your real life. If they do, then you should probably find something that makes you happy.

You think Im miserable based off Hawks forum? lol... Im far from miserable.. I retired too early. I got too much time on my hands.. lol. I find myself Watching too manyHawks defensive(or lacktherof) highlights...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

Those missed bunnies hurt. It's become a "thing" now. You can't count on him to finish around the rim consistently. 

He's great on the alley opp. 

My problem with Clint is that we have to sit him in the end of games.   That will be no problem when OO and Gallo is healthy. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you want a team with a sealing of .500 I guest that is ok

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ja Morant goes for 41 points on 27 shots tonight in a win over the Lakers.   No Dillon Brooks, so he came out looking for his shot early and often.  He made 3s and he got to the FT line often.

Trae just needed to be a little more aggressive than what he was tonight in that 1st half, and looked for his own shot.  Once he established himself scoring, then you get everyone else involved . . . instead of the other way around.  But if need be, you keep scoring.

I want Trae looking to score 40 vs the Cavs.  No more passive play.  Get your points, and get others involved when they're open.

Most important . . stay aggressive.

Ja Morant has more than 2.5 nba players on his team.  It's a little easier to do what he did when that entire team went like 8 -2 without him.  They have defined roles and chemistry.  Something the Hawks have yet to get.

• Like 3