• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hardly-Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Ja Morant has more than 2.5 nba players on his team.  It's a little easier to do what he did when that entire team went like 8 -2 without him.  They have defined roles and chemistry.  Something the Hawks have yet to get.

Hes also a helluva Leader... Not sure if the Hawks have one...

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

You think Im miserable based off Hawks forum? lol... Im far from miserable.. I retired too early. I got too much time on my hands.. lol

Go check your post history and get back to me with more than 5 positive posts in a row.  You just get on here to vent which is fine.

Just saying you seem pretty miserable when posting here.

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ja Morant goes for 41 points on 27 shots tonight in a win over the Lakers.   No Dillon Brooks, so he came out looking for his shot early and often.  He made 3s and he got to the FT line often.

Trae just needed to be a little more aggressive than what he was tonight in that 1st half, and looked for his own shot.  Once he established himself scoring, then you get everyone else involved . . . instead of the other way around.  But if need be, you keep scoring.

I want Trae looking to score 40 vs the Cavs.  No more passive play.  Get your points, and get others involved when they're open.

Most important . . stay aggressive.

As long as the team is 80% scrubs, it's '19-'20 Trae time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ja Morant goes for 41 points on 27 shots tonight in a win over the Lakers.   No Dillon Brooks, so he came out looking for his shot early and often.  He made 3s and he got to the FT line often.

Trae just needed to be a little more aggressive than what he was tonight in that 1st half, and looked for his own shot.  Once he established himself scoring, then you get everyone else involved . . . instead of the other way around.  But if need be, you keep scoring.

I want Trae looking to score 40 vs the Cavs.  No more passive play.  Get your points, and get others involved when they're open.

Most important . . stay aggressive.

Trae and Ja play differently.  I don't think that's going to change nor should it.   Trae establishes as he goes. I actually like that because Sometimes, Trae's shot is not there.   The thing to understand about Trae is that he needs a consistent second guy.  Normally that's  JC.. that's why JC gets the big bucks.  He helps establish Trae and vice versa.  When I say that our identity is Trae and Teamwork this is what I mean.. both offense and defense feeds off of a total team dynamic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If you want a team with sealing of .500 I guest that is ok

But you can't pull blood out of a turnip.  If they can't play defense, you must maximize their offense.   At least the Hornets aren't in denial about who and what they are.  They don't expect Rozier and Ball to lock down people.  But they do expect them to put up big offensive games.  Rozier went for 35 tonight.  Ball almost had a triple-double ( 21 - 12 - 9 ).  This is what they do. 

What they don't do, is lock down people on defense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes also a helluva Leader... Not sure if the Hawks have one...

I agree that the Hawks don't have a leader, although I will say that Collins tries to be the vocal leader like a Draymond Green.

Hawks players ( and maybe even the coach ) don't want to admit that Trae is ( or should be ) the leader, because our guys think that they're better than what they really are ( talking about Bogi and Collins ).  I think Nate and LP wanted to reign in Trae, instead of completely unleashing him.  A lot of that unleashing, Trae has done on his own, because he knows he's the most talented offensive player on the team.

Having said that, I want to see Trae start taking all of this losing a lotv more personally.  I think he came in with the mindset tonight that we're really shorthanded, and we were going to lose . . . like most of the fan base expected.  So he came out passive aggressive, instead of ultra aggressive.

The other thing is that Nate needs to extend his minutes if need be, and challenge him to carry the team even more, which goes against Nate's nature of team basketball.  But this is the NBA.  And sometimes, your superstar needs to carry the squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

This means Im miserable? lol. Who's the leader then?

John Collins, Trae Young, Gallo, Lou, and Solomon Hill from what I've read. 

Again, I understand you are frustrated and are venting.

And the Grizzlies were winning more without Ja so how does that make him such a great leader? It's their coach you should be giving the credit to.  He's been excellent since he's gone over there.

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

John Collins, Trae Young, Solomon Hill from what I've read. 

Again, I understand you are frustrated and are venting.

And the Grizzlies were winning more without Ja so how does that make him such a great leader? It's their coach you should be giving the credit to.  He's been excellent since he's gone over there.

They were already 4th in the West before he went out. His energy feeds off on everyone else...Coach said so himself..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But you can't pull blood out of a turnip.  If they can't play defense, you must maximize their offense.   At least the Hornets aren't in denial about who and what they are.  They don't expect Rozier and Ball to lock down people.  But they do expect them to put up big offensive games.  Rozier went for 35 tonight.  Ball almost had a triple-double ( 21 - 12 - 9 ).  This is what they do. 

What they don't do, is lock down people on defense.

My friend, you're working on two false premises.   First.. They can't play defense.   We do play defense when we have all of our pieces.   Right now, we're changing so many faces that a defensive scheme is a hard thing. 

2nd... We don't produce enough on offense. 

Right now we're 12th in PPG,  13th in FG%, and 1st in 3pt%.....

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

They were already 4th in the West before he went out. His energy feed off on everyone else...

They are 11-12 with Ja playing before tonight and had one of the worst defenses in the league.  

If they were losing, like we currently are, ya'll wouldn't be saying that.

Winning doesn't equal good leader.

That coach deserves a lot of credit that you are trying to give Ja. 

That's not me saying he's not a leader, but y'all are literally saying that because he just beat the lakers.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

They are 11-12 with Ja playing before tonight and had one of the worst defenses in the league.  

If they were losing like we currently are, ya'll wouldn't be saying that.

Winning doesn't equal good leader.

That coach deserves a lot of credit that you are trying to give Ja. 

That's not me saying he's not a leader, but y'all are literally saying that because he just beat the lakers.

He hit the game winner the previous game.. lol. I didnt even see the Lakers game..

Edited by terrell