• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hardly-Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You see what's happening in the game now, right?

Trae is more assertive, and the game which was about to get completely out of hand, is at least now back down below 20.

Trae is our most talented offensive player.  He's most lethal when he's scoring the ball.

Cam is our 2nd most talented offensive player in this game.  He's most effective when he's scoring the ball.

You worry way too much about turnovers.  I worry more about the type of turnovers he can prevent.  If he's committing a turnover trying to score the basketball, that doesn't bother me.  If he commits a turnover with a lazy pass , that's far worse because that can lead to an easy bucket on the other end.

Trae is the scoring SUPERSTAR on this team.  When he scores, the Hawks are most successful.  Those are facts sir.

Bulls "cooling off". 

Down to 64% FG now . . . lol.

I get this but others will never understand how special a players offensive impact can be!

lol but hey I love that you repeat yourself every game specifically towards @Peoriabird

in reality you both are right. There’s problems on offense and defense. Just have to acknowledge the team has problems all around even when healthy. We need a better defensive strategy, we need better committed defenders, we need another true offensive scorer to pair with Trae ….it just is what it is.

• Like 4

And keep Trae in the game to start the 4th.  He's 23 years old.  He can play the whole 4th quarter if needed.  The old school guys used to play 38 - 40 minutes all the time.

LOL . . and of course he takes him out right as I was typing this.

Come on Nate.  Don't start this 4th quarter without him on the floor.  The only shot you have at this, is to put up a huge number and hope the Bulls continue to cool off.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Come on Nate.  Don't start this 4th quarter without him on the floor.  The only shot you have at this, is to put up a huge number and hope the Bulls continue to cool off.

Yeah Trae usually has these amazing 4th quarters!  LOL!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I get this but others will never understand how special a players offensive impact can be!

lol but hey I love that you repeat yourself every game specifically towards @Peoriabird

in reality you both are right. There’s problems on offense and defense. Just have to acknowledge the team has problems all around even when healthy. We need a better defensive strategy, we need better committed defenders, we need another true offensive scorer to pair with Trae ….it just is what it is.

The crazy thing is . . I agree with him about the defense, and have similar beliefs when it comes to defensive philosophy.  

But he and I vastly differ when it comes to offense.   Trae is the engine . . so the engine needs to be running at full speed for us to go.  Until the others on the team can consistently play without him on the floor, Trae has to be that guy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And keep Trae in the game to start the 4th.  He's 23 years old.  He can play the whole 4th quarter if needed.  The old school guys used to play 38 - 40 minutes all the time.

LOL . . and of course he takes him out right as I was typing this.

#That'sTheRotation

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Season is nowhere near over.  We're not going to win many games with our main guys out.

The great thing is that the rest of the league ( at least most of them ) are going through the same thing.  The 6th spot in the East is only 2.5 games ahead of us, despite us holding down the 11th spot.

The NBA knows that their product is being extremely harmed by keeping asymptomatic guys out for almost 2 weeks. 

Hopefully we'll have most of our squad back by the time we play Portland on Monday night.

"Most of our sqaud"

That never happens..

But I hope youre right...

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Updated:  9 min to go in the 4th

Trae is 9 - 21 . . . which means he went 4 - 8 in the 3rd

Capela is 7 - 14 . . . which means he went 4 - 5 in the 3rd

Cam is 5 - 14 . . . which means he went 3 - 6 in the 3rd/4th

This game was "lost" in the 2nd quarter. Stagnant offense and sexy defense led to that 18-1 run by the Bulls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1