• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Probably-a-Game Thread: Hemi-Hawks at Halve-a-Liers

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Lou's a better ball handler.  I questioned it too, but Trae was clearly tired and him and Lou played well off each other. 

Going forward I would like to see more Skylar and a little less Lou.

Shiiiiii, going forward I would like to see more Hunter, Heurter, Cam, Bogd, OO .....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is OUR SUPERSTAR....flaws and all. He will continue to grow his game and I'm looking forward to the Hawks righting the ship in 2022.

He played with much better aggression tonight.  Even when your shot isn't falling, he has to stay in attack mode offensively because HE is the engine.  Either score the basketball, or get into the paint so that he can create for others. 

His play in the 3rd quarter was outstanding.   12 points and 7 assists in the quarter, while also drawing 4 or 5 fouls in that quarter alone.

He got his nemesis Okoro out of the game, which enabled the Hawks to really fuel that comeback.   We were down by 6 when he went out the game with about 5 minutes in the 3rd.  By the end of the quarter, we were up by 3.

This was an Allen Iverson like game.  Trae Iverson was in full effect tonight.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Skylar played great and was a big reason the Hawks weren't completely run out of the gym early. I thought he played well on both sides of the ball. Lou has more experience but Mays was knocking down the three ball tonight and holding his own on D. He should've played more than 22 minutes.

He asked why...lol didn't say I necessarily agreed with it.  It worked out so I can't really complain. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He got his nemesis Okoro out of the game, which enabled the Hawks to really fuel that comeback.   We were down by 6 when he went out the game with about 5 minutes in the 3rd.  By the end of the quarter, we were up by 3.

I don't really remember Okoro being Trae's Nemesis. It's been their length with their bigs that have bothered his float game and lobs.  It forces him to take more threes against them. I'd love to see him shoot more midranges because the one or two he took tonight were wet!

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't really remember Okoro being Trae's Nemesis. It's been their length with their bigs that have bothered his float game and lobs.  It forces him to take more threes against them. I'd love to see him shoot more midranges because the one or two he took tonight were wet!

Okoro is the main on the ball defender against Trae.  He's a big defender and can pretty much direct Trae into those bigs.  His perimeter defense is a big reason why the Cavs defense is so strong.  He makes scoring on the perimeter difficult, while the bigs shut down a lot in the paint.

• Thanks 1