• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When you replace JC with Gallo.. you will have a lack of rebounds.   Period.   We get back Hunter and JC and even Bogi and our defense will be much better. 

We need Bogi to get his movement back to have a good defense. He still seems hampered to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Everybody forgets the 2016 Cavs that won the championship...  They were less than mediocre on defense... but that's not to suggest that we don't need to be better that's just to end that dumb ass notion. 

That team was 10th in the league in defensive efficiency.   Not elite, but definitely not less than mediocre.

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Josh Hart is a player I'd like to see on this team.  He can defend 3 positions, rebound at a very high rate, and make timely shots.  And he'd be the best all-around wing on the team.

Delon and Lou for Hart works on trade machine.. We might have to throw in a pick for them to take those 2 though... lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That team was 10th in the league in defensive efficiency.   Not elite, but definitely not less than mediocre.

Yeah, well we are probably 30th.  No team is going to win anything being that bad.

We do need time to get our chemistry back after the Covid debacle, but still the defense has been putrid all season except the first few games. I'm starting to believe it's the scheme.  We don't cause turnovers for easy baskets and if you don't do that, you need to play fundamentally sound defense which we are not.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

4th year for Trae and we still have not solved the backup PG spot. A player that can push the pace and run the offense decisively for the 2nd unit.

Do something Travis.

Pisses me off when Luka sits and Mavs lead grows with Brunson(who we couldve had btw, but picked Bruno instead..smh)...........................................

Trae sits and we go to shit.. 

Come on Schlenk!!!

Edited by terrell

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It is.  I don't remember all the switching which pulled Capela from the paint. And I don't hear them talking on defense. 

We missing Solo out there.. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, well we are probably 30th.  No team is going to win anything being that bad.

We do need time to get our chemistry back after the Covid debacle, but still the defense has been putrid all season except the first few games. I'm starting to believe it's the scheme.  We don't cause turnovers for easy baskets and if you don't do that, you need to play fundamentally sound defense which we do not.

Thank you for posting this, because I was about to type the exact same thing about the scheme and the lack of forced turnovers.

• Like 2

Last thing and I'm moving on:

Portland has been a bad team even with Dame playing. 13-22 coming in, 12-17 in games he played.

This was not a good team we faced AT ALL. We never should have been in a dog fight with these dudes to begin with. We made them look elite tonight when they have been anything but this season. 

Just a baaaaad loss that we NEEDED to win 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Last thing and I'm moving on:

Portland has been a bad team even with Dame playing. 13-22 coming in, 12-17 in games he played.

This was not a good team we faced AT ALL. We never should have been in a dog fight with these dudes to begin with. We made them look elite tonight when they have been anything but this season. 

Just a baaaaad loss that we NEEDED to win 

Wont get any easier in Sactown..They can score, and we cant stop anybody from scoring....

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No shit...

• Like 1

This was one of the best offensive performances I’ve ever seen from a Hawk or anyone, Trae was on fire 🔥, 56/14 are you kidding? 

Only Nique, Lou Hud and Bob Pettit had 57. 

Capela didn’t miss either I don’t believe, last check he was like 10-10 fg.

Having said that, there was really really poor defense played tonight. 

They mentioned on the broadcast I think Bob that Trae was a +8 I haven’t checked the boxscore yet but wow, we need a backup point badly, I mean, when Trae is off the floor we have no go to guy and we relinquish points in a hurry.

OO lefty floaters are pretty. I love that kid. He has a beautiful bright future with us.

I had this as a win. Ugh.

We NEED to win on Wednesday in Sac-town, we really need it.

Fabulous individual performance hurts that it didn’t come in a win.

I put the captions on and loved it when Nique said “Bob, this kid is not a star ⭐️, he’s a superstar in talking about Trae. Chills is what I got.

Nique was so freakin proud of him, you could hear it in his voice. :cray2:

378D5A31-5DDB-49B9-A29B-C8B6666B0808.jpeg

0D86D0D0-785B-4CC7-AD40-70E253D43D54.jpeg

B716C4C7-5A98-4C95-B96C-44267D39FDDC.jpeg

• Like 1