• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Everybody forgets the 2016 Cavs that won the championship...  They were less than mediocre on defense... but that's not to suggest that we don't need to be better that's just to end that dumb ass notion. 

We don't have LeBron who can turn it off and on in his prime on that end. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Iwundu didnt mind playing defense, and was good at it,  and we let him go in favor of TLC.. Just damn..

TLC sucks. He occasionally can shoot threes but his defense is mid af. Iwundu proved to be better in his short time here just with his defense alone which is very good for a wing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It is.  I don't remember all the switching which pulled Capela from the paint. And I don't hear them talking on defense. 

Been saying this the last month or so! But I don’t understand all the switching on defense this season smh….on one hand many are mad at capela but on the other hand you know as a fan that capela is not made to defend the perimeter. He’s a paint defender strictly with somewhat decent ability to play in space until his man gets back on his opponent on those screens.

but it starts with coaching it really does. Our defensive scheme is terrible and has been. 

Trae has taken yet another level offensively this season so I am really hoping when this team is healthy again the plan is to start reddish and hunter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't see the game but it appears as though the "shoot it Trae" approach Didn't work against a deployed poor team in Portland.

Without the shoot it Trae approach we would have gotten beat by 30….it is what it is..:the team and coaches need to figure out what they want to do defensively 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JTB said:

Without the shoot it Trae approach we would have gotten beat by 30….it is what it is..:the team and coaches need to figure out what they want to do defensively 

Also they need to figure out the offense when Trae is not on the court which continues to be a problem. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

That's true.  But it's telling that your go-to response is to blame Trae or at least imply that his 26 shots were a problem.  

Who is blaming Trae? I'm blaming the approach that you support which is go all offense and no defense. These fing small line ups are just plain stupid.

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is blaming Trae? I'm blaming the approach that you support which is go all offense and no defense. These fing small line ups are just plain stupid.

You are full of BS.  I don't support small lineups or a lack of defense.  And yes, your first comment was, "shoot it Trae approach didn't work" as if the approach for Trae to score is a bad thing.  It's not.  

Giving up 136 pts is bad. Not stopping Anfernee Simons is bad. Trae scoring 56 pts on 26 shots while also dishing out 14 assists is decidedly NOT bad.  But you can't help yourself when it comes to Trae. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't see the game but it appears as though the "shoot it Trae" approach Didn't work against a poor and depleted team in Portland.

Not the issue!

Hawks up 5 to start the 4th, these are the offensive plays:

Gallo TO
Gallo missed 3
Wright missed 3
Okongwo 2 pts
Gallo missed 3
Lou missed 3
Lou TO
Mays missed 3

Hawks down 5 Over a 4+ minute span. Know who's not on the floor?

AND YES - HAWKS HAVE A DEFENSIVE PROBLEM!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You are full of BS.  I don't support small lineups or a lack of defense.  And yes, your first comment was, "shoot it Trae approach didn't work" as if the approach for Trae to score is a bad thing.  It's not.  

Giving up 136 pts is bad. Not stopping Anfernee Simons is bad. Trae scoring 56 pts on 26 shots while also dishing out 14 assists is decidedly NOT bad.  But you can't help yourself when it comes to Trae. 

You are a pretty wierd cat.  You always make every observation regarding the team and it's approach about Trae Young.  I was mocking the posters that think this team can win without playing defense and you are one of them.  You once said that the Hawks should play more like charolette and play to their strengths rather than focusing on defense which doesn't work.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Woke up to a nice cup of coffee thrown on me, in the form of Travis Schlenk on 92.9. You'll hear it all soon. Is... is this caramel?

~lw3

THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP...

...IS FOLGER'S IN YOUR LAP!

~lw3

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1