• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That doesn't explain his brainlock when it's time to shoot.  If the ball swings to him or if he get's 'the pass', he either fumbles it away or dribbles or passes into trouble.

We may have a 'heliocentric' offense but basketball is a game that flows.  Many times the 'right' decision is fairly obvious.  He's self-checking a lot out there.

He needs to be in a system where the player moves a lot. Where he doesn't have to rely on things he is not good at like spot up shooting

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We were 3rd in defensive rating. 27th in offensive rating (cleveland was 3rd)(. No one is saying you MUST be a top defense, but if you aren't in the top 10 you aren't winning a championship, in the last 20 years the only two teams to win a championship and be outside of the top 10 in defensive rating were the 2017-18 GSW who were 11th and the 09-10 Mavs who were 12th. Around 70% of the last 20 champs were in the top 5 in defensive rating.  

Holic, there's always exceptions to the rule.   That Cleveland team beat our 3rd rated defensive team soundly 4-0 in the playoffs.   For everybody that says Defense wins championships... I call BS.   Basketball is about outscoring your opponent.  There's more than one way to do it. 

Right now, we have a top ranked offense.  When we have everybody together, our defense is better than what we have seen.  We got a lot of jokers going to the knee jerk reaction of wanting to trade everybody for a team of non-scoring defensive players.  Somebody last night said that we should surround Trae with all defensive players?  That suggests that we trade what we have for defensive players... and in the process we'd probably become one of the worst offensive teams. 

Finally, You said nobody is saying you must be a top defense.  That was what was inferred from the original statement.  As I said before, I didn't bring up the Cavs to say that we don't need to be better defensively.  I brought them up to end this notion that only TOP DEFENSES wins championships. 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree with Travis. While I was down on bringing back JC, it was a good decision but the price point is looking too high.

Clint was critical but he's looking like a bad decision. He can't stay on the floor in the 4th quarter and his effectiveness is worse than the metrics show. 

Not sure how I feel about Kevin. I need to see him with Bogi. 

I already  said this, I would rather be a playin team and just develop Cam as a #2 and Hunter as a #3 option and commit to that. I dont care if Cam is extremely inconsistent. I need to see if he can be a legit #2 which will help us more for the future. Bogi and Kev might be a tad too limited. Might need to be moved during the draft with Clint. I am done with Clint. I see the value but there is a reason why Houston got rid of him. He hurts spacing way too much and keeping him on the floor in the 4th is HARD

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm expecting Hunter back prolly in February.. right before the allstar break.  I think the league has screwed us by having us play so many game with 10 dayers.   I hope Trae is 100% after that hard fall. 

We will get it back and play better... I'm very excited about what we did on offense last night.   Even aside from Trae... our movement was good and our secondary guys did score (Hello Clint).   I look forward to us getting our better players back and being better. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Holic, there's always exceptions to the rule.   That Cleveland team beat our 3rd rated defensive team soundly 4-0 in the playoffs.   For everybody that says Defense wins championships... I call BS.   Basketball is about outscoring your opponent.  There's more than one way to do it. 

Right now, we have a top ranked offense.  When we have everybody together, our defense is better than what we have seen.  We got a lot of jokers going to the knee jerk reaction of wanting to trade everybody for a team of non-scoring defensive players.  Somebody last night said that we should surround Trae with all defensive players?  That suggests that we trade what we have for defensive players... and in the process we'd probably become one of the worst offensive teams. 

Finally, You said nobody is saying you must be a top defense.  That was what was inferred from the original statement.  As I said before, I didn't bring up the Cavs to say that we don't need to be better defensively.  I brought them up to end this notion that only TOP DEFENSES wins championships. 

Cleveland had PRIME LeBron James. They just play him 46 to 48 mins instead of his usual 36 mins and we were food. Thabo couldn't guard him plus LeBron would rest on defense guarding him. Carroll was too small and Korver, lol. We had no answer for the GOAT and they didn't have Kyrie or Love.

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This was one of the best offensive performances I’ve ever seen from a Hawk or anyone, Trae was on fire 🔥, 56/14 are you kidding? 

Only Nique, Lou Hud and Bob Pettit had 57. 

Capela didn’t miss either I don’t believe, last check he was like 10-10 fg.

Having said that, there was really really poor defense played tonight. 

They mentioned on the broadcast I think Bob that Trae was a +8 I haven’t checked the boxscore yet but wow, we need a backup point badly, I mean, when Trae is off the floor we have no go to guy and we relinquish points in a hurry.

OO lefty floaters are pretty. I love that kid. He has a beautiful bright future with us.

I had this as a win. Ugh.

We NEED to win on Wednesday in Sac-town, we really need it.

Fabulous individual performance hurts that it didn’t come in a win.

I put the captions on and loved it when Nique said “Bob, this kid is not a star ⭐️, he’s a superstar in talking about Trae. Chills is what I got.

Nique was so freakin proud of him, you could hear it in his voice. :cray2:

378D5A31-5DDB-49B9-A29B-C8B6666B0808.jpeg

0D86D0D0-785B-4CC7-AD40-70E253D43D54.jpeg

B716C4C7-5A98-4C95-B96C-44267D39FDDC.jpeg

I’d just like to sincerely say, F y’all except Marco this is a legit post and it’s gone unnoticed. I’m off this popularity contest BS. 

Matter of fact I’m making a thread now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cleveland had PRIME LeBron James. They just play him 46 to 48 mins instead of his usual 36 mins and we were food. Thabo couldn't guard him plus LeBron would rest on defense guarding him. Carroll was too small and Korver, lol. We had no answer for the GOAT and they didn't have Kyrie or Love.

Trae has GOATish Qualities. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Trae has GOATish Qualities. 

No he doesn't. He has ATG qualities. GOAT can win games all themselves. Trae isn't like that. Prime LeBron can beat a very good team with Diesel, Supes, Squd, Jay, and AHF

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d just like to sincerely say, F y’all except Marco this is a legit post and it’s gone unnoticed. I’m off this popularity contest BS. 

Matter of fact I’m making a thread now.

I agree with you Spud.   I was busy making the post I made but I agree with what you said.  We can't miss the fact that offensively we are very good... probably the best Hawks offense since Nique and Fratello were putting it down.  or maybe KK and Bud.. I mean everybody could shoot.

I heard Nique last night.   He said Trae is an "allstar".  I agree and disagree.  Trae is a generational talent.  Right now... is he more Jason Kidd level or James Harden level or Steve Nash level?  At any rate, if we can pull out some wins, he may start getting some MVP chants this year. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I heard Nique last night.   He said Trae is an "allstar".  I agree and disagree. 

He said he isn’t a star ⭐️ he’s a superstar.

-:Nique:

BCDE0762-E407-4345-811B-D0452E248F60.jpeg

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with Squd.   We squandered an all time great performance by Trae.   

Why don’t you stick your index finger up your..

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree with you Spud.   I was busy making the post I made but I agree with what you said.  We can't miss the fact that offensively we are very good... probably the best Hawks offense since Nique and Fratello were putting it down.  or maybe KK and Bud.. I mean everybody could shoot.

I heard Nique last night.   He said Trae is an "allstar".  I agree and disagree.  Trae is a generational talent.  Right now... is he more Jason Kidd level or James Harden level or Steve Nash level?  At any rate, if we can pull out some wins, he may start getting some MVP chants this year. 

Trae is a generational talent. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I get it but lower usage rate means lower offensive output and I'm not sure whatever defensive improvement (if any) is worth it. Trae is the NBA's most effective and impactful offensive player this season. If you can show me any number's of any kind to support the thesis that there is some negative correlation between his offense and defense then maybe I'd be more open to the idea of getting the ball out of his hands on offense. 

And even with those facts, the Hawks are still losing which is my point.  The definition of insanity is what? Things need to change!

• Like 1