• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

Just now, kg01 said:

Don't yell at me!  I didn't call you squd.  And I was up til 1am eating queso-flavored pork rinds.  And I been on RgM all day fist-fightin randos that keep slandering Trae's name.  Today's been kinda tough.

@kg01 he got the “laughing emoji” by sticking his hands down my pants 👖

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with Travis. While I was down on bringing back JC, it was a good decision but the price point is looking too high.

Clint was critical but he's looking like a bad decision. He can't stay on the floor in the 4th quarter and his effectiveness is worse than the metrics show. 

Not sure how I feel about Kevin. I need to see him with Bogi. 

I already  said this, I would rather be a playin team and just develop Cam as a #2 and Hunter as a #3 option and commit to that. I dont care if Cam is extremely inconsistent. I need to see if he can be a legit #2 which will help us more for the future. Bogi and Kev might be a tad too limited. Might need to be moved during the draft with Clint. I am done with Clint. I see the value but there is a reason why Houston got rid of him. He hurts spacing way too much and keeping him on the floor in the 4th is HARD

A legit number 2 or 3 isn't the problem. We need them to just stop people on the perimeter.

If we were even 18th in defense we would be a top 4 seed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am done with Clint. I see the value but there is a reason why Houston got rid of him. He hurts spacing way too much and keeping him on the floor in the 4th is HARD

I was criticized HARD for saying they should think about moving on from Clint over the summer.  He was the defensive anchor. He's invaluable. Etc...   He's too limited offensively and OO can be that defensive player imo.  Extending Clint was a HUGE mistake, imo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

In three years have we had a better backup to Trae than BG?  I'm not saying he's great but at least he seemed to know what he was doing and could hit wide open threes and play D.   Which i can't say for Wright, Lou, Rondo and whoever else we've tried.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Woke up still angry.

Tell me about it! Mine was for my missed post liked from last night though not the Hawks so it’s more of a ME thing.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Tell me about it! Mine was for my missed post liked from last night though not the Hawks so it’s more of a ME thing.

You know what I’ll just repost it. FOLKS PROLLY FORGOT TO SEE IT OR READ IT!!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

In three years have we had a better backup to Trae than BG?  I'm not saying he's great but at least he seemed to know what he was doing and could hit wide open threes and play D.   Which i can't say for Wright, Lou, Rondo and whoever else we've tried.  

Probably one of he decisions Travis is regretting.  But didn't he have heath issues?

Here it is:

Only Nique, Lou Hud and Bob Pettit had 57. 

Capela didn’t miss either I don’t believe, last check he was like 10-10 fg.

Having said that, there was really really poor defense played tonight. 

They mentioned on the broadcast I think Bob that Trae was a +8 I haven’t checked the boxscore yet but wow, we need a backup point badly, I mean, when Trae is off the floor we have no go to guy and we relinquish points in a hurry.

OO lefty floaters are pretty. I love that kid. He has a beautiful bright future with us.

I had this as a win. Ugh.

We NEED to win on Wednesday in Sac-town, we really need it.

Fabulous individual performance hurts that it didn’t come in a win.

I put the captions on and loved it when Nique said “Bob, this kid is not a star ⭐️, he’s a superstar in talking about Trae. Chills is what I got.

Nique was so freakin proud of him, you could hear it in his voice. :cray2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I was criticized HARD for saying they should think about moving on from Clint over the summer.  He was the defensive anchor. He's invaluable. Etc...   He's too limited offensively and OO can be that defensive player imo.  Extending Clint was a HUGE mistake, imo.  

I think the way it works is that we will have Clint both as a starter then as a BU to OO.   Or when OO comes of age, Clint still becomes good trade material.   I'm glad that Travis didn't make the mistakes of Ferry and have players coming off of contract at the same time meaning that we lose players because of the cap. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Last year Clint was a defensive MVP caliber player and probably the team MVP overall (at least in the regular season) over Trae Young. He has not been the same player this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One team that's really playing well, the Grizzlies. Even when Ja was out they were winning. 

It's about attitude.  It's where we miss Solomon.  Ya'll hated him, but he's the hero we need.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Here it is:

time to make squd really mad ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47xbnmz2dftfi5r6qst

Kidding aside, that OO guy is craft-ay.  Can't wait for his OO-man strength to kick in.  Fat-Nurk bullied him (and Capela) at times.  Weird because we saw him stymie JoeLLLL at times.  Anyway, we need better 'tude on D.  #GetMeMahrcus

• Like 1