• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Whenever he has a decent game, that's when he's the most vocal.  I guess someone has to be though.

I think the Team selects the guys who will talk to the media, it's usually a guy who has a good game besides Trae.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

It's cute that you think the owner wasn't the one driving the bus on the moves this summer. 

The capela extension hurts and maybe Kevin too, but overall he's been one of the best GMs in the NBA and probably the best ever for the Hawks. Would be a complete overreaction to fire Travis. 

Best how? That isnt saying much anyway... Btw,  This man has had 4 top 10 picks. 3 top 20 picks. Another late 1st...And we look like shit..Look at a team like Memphis compared to us..... Hell, even Cleveland has passed us by... smh

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

38 minutes, -1 for the game.  He's played 56 NBA games.  Give anyone on the team grief but OO, dude plays hard every night and has more of an impact than 90% of this roster.

We missed Clint today though. Zubac is a load.

The Hawks missed Clint Capela in a few areas today, but one of them was on the glass. Atlanta secured only 14.3% of available offensive rebounds (4th percentile) and L.A. secured more than 31% on the other end.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We missed Clint today though. Zubac is a load.

The Hawks missed Clint Capela in a few areas today, but one of them was on the glass. Atlanta secured only 14.3% of available offensive rebounds (4th percentile) and L.A. secured more than 31% on the other end.

Yeah, I'm not on board with this OO has it covered idea.  You guys sure OO is better than Capela?  I'm not.

25 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Yeah, I'm not on board with this OO has it covered idea.  You guys sure OO is better than Capela?  I'm not.

Okongwu is still really young. He could be more impactful but not consistent. People forget but we really are an extremely young team 

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

We need to get Tony Snell back. lol.. He is type of player you run next to Trae....

I've said it earlier, we need Snell back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People forget but we really are an extremely young team 

Yep, louder for everyone in the back.  Talent or no talent it's rare for teams this young to be consistently good.  We might make some runs this season and string some wins together -- I'd be surprised if we don't, but we're not a vet team like GS or Brooklyn or Milwaukee that can effortlessly string wins together.  We don't have it like that.

And for those of you blaming Schlenk @terrell, Schlenk brought a massive amount of talent into this roster... it might not be gelling right now, and I'm not really sure what the exact issue is, but I strongly disagree with the notion his draft picks are the issue.  The guys we have are not busts... he will be able to trade them for value if we need to go that route.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu is still really young. He could be more impactful but not consistent. People forget but we really are an extremely young team 

I've said it earlier, we need Snell back.

So is Cleveland, Memphis, Charlotte, etc...

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, louder for everyone in the back.  Talent or no talent it's rare for teams this young to be consistently good.  We might make some runs this season and string some wins together -- I'd be surprised if we don't, but we're not a vet team like GS or Brooklyn or Milwaukee that can effortlessly string wins together.  We don't have it like that.

And for those of you blaming Schlenk @terrell, Schlenk brought a massive amount of talent into this roster... it might not be gelling right now, and I'm not really sure what the exact issue is, but I strongly disagree with the notion his draft picks are the issue.  The guys we have are not busts... he will be able to trade them for value if we need to go that route.

I don't blame Schlenk.  The only move that could hamper us is the Capela signing, and even that could turn out OK. 
The draft picks do have value.  We are in a good position to adjust the roster as needed.    

Saying we should have expected inconsistency to the point we would have a 17-22 because we have a young team I don't buy at all.  Most everyone on the board picked us to be at least a top 3 seed, and people got mad if anyone picked us below that.  Someone just posted this is the most disappointing Hawks season of all time.  Our results are way below what anyone projected.  We can't brush this under the rug with a casual, "This is what we should expect from young teams."  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't blame Schlenk.  The only move that could hamper us is the Capela signing, and even that could turn out OK. 
The draft picks do have value.  We are in a good position to adjust the roster as needed.    

Saying we should have expected inconsistency to the point we would have a 17-22 because we have a young team I don't buy at all.  Most everyone on the board picked us to be at least a top 3 seed, and people got mad if anyone picked us below that.  Someone just posted this is the most disappointing Hawks season of all time.  Our results are way below what anyone projected.  We can't brush this under the rug with a casual, "This is what we should expect from young teams."  

Yeah, I don't think we should be brushing anything under the rug... the on-court product has been horrendous for the past 1-2 months.  It really felt like we were turning it around with that 7 game win streak then we have been nose diving since.  There are obvious things wrong and some subtle issues we have but it's tough to really nail down how we are performing so much worse than last season... I don't necessarily think new bodies is going to be a magical cure like some people here.  I think our issues start with coaching and probably shortening some rotations.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I don't think we should be brushing anything under the rug... the on-court product has been horrendous for the past 1-2 months.  It really felt like we were turning it around with that 7 game win streak then we have been nose diving since.  There are obvious things wrong and some subtle issues we have but it's tough to really nail down how we are performing so much worse than last season... I don't necessarily think new bodies is going to be a magical cure like some people here.  I think our issues start with coaching and probably shortening some rotations.

Even without a trade we could play much better.  These same guys went 27-11 over a stretch last year AND had the playoff run.  There has got to be a remedy to at least play winning basketball.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Even without a trade we could play much better.  These same guys went 27-11 over a stretch last year AND had the playoff run.  There has got to be a remedy to at least play winning basketball.  

The only difference that I can tell is motivation.  LP firing was like +100 motivation for this team, and this year it's back to the grind.  They need to find some intrinsic motivation real fast.