• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

It’s funny how Trae has a much better defensive game and clearly put the effort in on that end as well as energy but his teammates couldn’t step up offensively on a night Trae is off….SMH 

As the superstar Trae must get blamed and that’s understood….im not saying Trae shouldn’t be held accountable for offensive or defensive issues cause he definitely should but this team showed me tonight they just don’t have all the necessary parts to win games or go on winning streaks.

They could be number 1 in defense with an all out great effort from Trae and still lose most games due to offense ..…if Trae is too tired to carry the offense load this team would only avg 90 pts! And I love JC but 2nd option is not meant for him. Reddish and Hunter ain’t ready for 2nd option work. Bogi and Huerter don’t have what it takes to be a 2nd option.

Bogi is a starter only depending on the roster setup. Huerter is a bench player for our team, a starter if a team has a big 3 and he need to fill a role in the starting unit (same with Bogi).

in actuality none of our wing players are sure starters when you think of it….not Bogi, not Cam, not Hunter, not Huerter…none of these guys are going to other teams taking positions or stealing minutes. Jury still out for cam and hunter to be solid starters plus more but as of today right now they aren’t starting material.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

@Spud2nique you gonna tell me with a straight face you didn’t crack a smile at least once tonight for Klay?!

I didn’t watch the game, what happened? I was busy hoping the Niners would lose but the stupid Rams blew it. Now hoping the Cowboys clobber the whiners.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zubac is a load.

Ur boy too. :laugh1:

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

38 minutes, -1 for the game.  He's played 56 NBA games.  Give anyone on the team grief but OO, dude plays hard every night and has more of an impact than 90% of this roster.

WHO BLAMED MY BOY??? GIMME HIS NAME!!! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JTB said:

It’s funny how Trae has a much better defensive game and clearly put the effort in on that end as well as energy but his teammates couldn’t step up offensively on a night Trae is off….SMH 

As the superstar Trae must get blamed and that’s understood….im not saying Trae shouldn’t be held accountable for offensive or defensive issues cause he definitely should but this team showed me tonight they just don’t have all the necessary parts to win games or go on winning streaks.

They could be number 1 in defense with an all out great effort from Trae and still lose most games due to offense ..…if Trae is too tired to carry the offense load this team would only avg 90 pts! And I love JC but 2nd option is not meant for him. Reddish and Hunter ain’t ready for 2nd option work. Bogi and Huerter don’t have what it takes to be a 2nd option.

Bogi is a starter only depending on the roster setup. Huerter is a bench player for our team, a starter if a team has a big 3 and he need to fill a role in the starting unit (same with Bogi).

in actuality none of our wing players are sure starters when you think of it….not Bogi, not Cam, not Hunter, not Huerter…none of these guys are going to other teams taking positions or stealing minutes. Jury still out for cam and hunter to be solid starters plus more but as of today right now they aren’t starting material.

I disagree with the last paragraph but I agree with the rest. Spot on.

11 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Its a pretty absurd overreaction. Travis has done a hell of a job. I question the Clint extension but everything else he's done has been beneficial for the franchise. 

TS has been very good so far. But his job like all GMs always get hard when contract extensions come.

This is where TS will earn his cookies. 

I actually felt BK did a good job when it came to extensions but sucked at the draft which killed him. 

TS has been tremendous at the draft but now it's time to build a contender and make the right trades and signings. He's been very good all around so far but its gonna get hard now. Because the moves you make on all sides are evaluated. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I have to say this game really showed what @Diesel has been saying all season. Capela has his warts but he is untouched when it comes to rebounding. We got destroyed on the boards with OO in there and no Capela. This only reinforces my concern that despite how much I love OO his future might be as an energy PF rather than C because he simply lacks the height/size to go up against true seven foot centers.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to say this game really showed what @Diesel has been saying all season. Capela has his warts but he is untouched when it comes to rebounding. We got destroyed on the boards with OO in there and no Capela. This only reinforces my concern that despite how much I love OO his future might be as an energy PF rather than C because he simply lacks the height/size to go up against true seven foot centers.

Ideally we find a way to pair him with an offensive good shooting 5 that can also rebound

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ideally we find a way to pair him with an offensive good shooting 5 that can also rebound

The only available center right now that fits that bill is Sabonis and maybe KAT. I don't even  bring up guys we could never get like Jokic or Embiid. Sabonis and OO together would be interesting. Sabonis lacks the foot speed to guard quicker 4's but OO does. OO lacks the size to box out/rebound against bigger centers but Sabonis does. With how much energy OO has I could see Sabonis boxing out his guy creating easy rebounds for OO to just jump up and grab. Kinda like how JC gets a good number of his rebounds now.

I'm assuming by how you worded this that want to move Capela in order to see OO get more minutes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why isn't Cam playing?

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Injured his ankle 2 minutes in.

With respect to this. I just heard that's why he only played 13 minutes in the Lakers game and TLC was starting. 

To me, they should just sit him out until that ankle is good because he seems to keep reinjuring it otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The only available center right now that fits that bill is Sabonis and maybe KAT. I don't even  bring up guys we could never get like Jokic or Embiid. Sabonis and OO together would be interesting. Sabonis lacks the foot speed to guard quicker 4's but OO does. OO lacks the size to box out/rebound against bigger centers but Sabonis does. With how much energy OO has I could see Sabonis boxing out his guy creating easy rebounds for OO to just jump up and grab. Kinda like how JC gets a good number of his rebounds now.

I'm assuming by how you worded this that want to move Capela in order to see OO get more minutes. 

Yeah, exactly.  OO can also get more minutes if we ship JC out but that leaves us with two non-shooting bigs.  As little contribution as JC has made on offense lately, he still forces someone to be honest when he stands in the corner.  We would lose that and the paint would be clogged for Trae to do any work.  I think if we move JC we really need a shooter -- or we move him and make additional moves this summer to shore up roster weaknesses in the 2H of this year.

All of the trade talk has us needing to figure out what we are trading for -- at this point, we need to ask ourselves if we're happy just making the playoffs, because that's likely what any marginal improvement will do for us.  I'm a little more worried about long term and I hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot trying to win now with this young roster.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

With respect to this. I just heard that's why he only played 13 minutes in the Lakers game and TLC was starting. 

To me, they should just sit him out until that ankle is good because he seems to keep reinjuring it otherwise.

Wait, you have a source too?

• Haha 4