• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Cwell said:

hmmmm......thought this was a Cam Reddish thread. Not too much Cam being discussed here

Here ya go @Cwell

With Cam really finding his groove at the end of the season and Clint starting at the 5 next season, do you think there will be some changes in the starting 5? Specifically on the wing? 

Building on my last response, I don’t think it’s crazy to imagine the starting lineup fluctuating if Reddish can continue improving as a shooter, which we saw start to happen in January. 

Without knowing who the Hawks will add in the draft/free agency, it’s hard to say, but both Kevin Huerter and De’Andre Hunter had up-and-down seasons, Huerter as he worked through injuries, Hunter as he went through your typical rookie struggles, so neither of those spots appear to be truly locked down.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Almost named my kid Luke but .... then he would've been lg01 and who wants that?

That’s rad. Later he could be like uncle Luke down in Miami too! 😃 Ya after that movie I wanted to eat like a bunch of eggs 🥚 for some reason. I thought I could eat like 55. I think I put away like 4. 😂 

Ps Cam is the man. He’s gonna blossom like a beautiful flower 🌺 in the spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s rad. Later he could be like uncle Luke down in Miami too! 😃 Ya after that movie I wanted to eat like a bunch of eggs 🥚 for some reason. I thought I could eat like 55. I think I put away like 4. 😂 

Ps Cam is the man. He’s gonna blossom like a beautiful flower 🌺 in the spring.

Dude, I ate boiled eggs for breakfast a full month after that.  How was he eating a whole boiled egg just plopped right in his mouth.  Amazing.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude, I ate boiled eggs for breakfast a full month after that.

Commitment to the game! 😃 I gave up and went to the next step. Ya, the Lalanne juicer 🤦‍♀️ Imagine being 10 years old and trying to be in a juice diet 🤮.

#Cam4president!

• Premium Member

Defensively, Reddish was one of the best rookies in the NBA this season and, in short, he is already a reliable player on that end of the floor. He has encouragingly high block (1.5%) and steal (1.9%) rates for his position, and Reddish proved to be a solid rebounder (12.7% DREB) for a wing.

He graded as the best defender in Atlanta’s full-time rotation per FiveThirtyEight’s RAPTOR model and, according to PIPM, Reddish was also one of the team’s better defenders this season. That is backed up by the eye test and, while the Hawks struggled mightily at times on the defensive end, Reddish combines strong awareness — particularly for a rookie — with quick hands and quality size for his position. Reddish may not be one of the NBA’s best defenders in the future but, even if he were to stall on that end of the floor, the Hawks have unearthed an exceptionally valuable defensive piece at a position of great need in the league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 11:58 PM, thecampster said:

I might like him a bit more than you and less than Rui but I'm not impressed by almost anyone in this draft class. I see a lot of mid tier starters and rotation players but almost no stars. I even have concerns about Zion and Morant.  I think Barrett will be the best of the class when its all said and done but I'm not sure he'll be anything more than a lower tier all-star (like Joe Johnson) and that will take a probably 3 years for his game to catch up with NBA speed.  Even Barrett is too inconsistent.

It is very typical for a player coming to the NBA from college or Europe to struggle with the 3 compared to college because of the differences in the ball and the longer 3 pt distance. It usually takes them a while.  

Point guards have to get used to the pick and roll game as well as the spacing variances created by the 3 second rule.

SG and SF's have to adjust to iso heavy offense and the ball changes.  PF/C's must often learn to the shoot the 3 and deal with the 3 second rule / no zone thing.  In this class, I don't see any player that I say is a sure fire lock superstar.  I think the class is very young and raw which means their adjustment period will be longer than most. This is why I think the "he's about to set the NBA on fire" is crazy.  He's got 2 obstacles. A) he's got to grow into his body as well as grow into the NBA and B) He has a serious depth chart ahead of him to overcome. If healthy, Parker, Parsons, Huerter, Crabbe, Bembry, Turner have all got NBA experience. All can play the 3 which is Cam's natural position. 5 of the 6 have solid offensive credentials and 2 have defensive credentials. Cam is going to have to fight for minutes.  If healthy, both Parker and Parsons are going to get minutes...especially Parsons as we will try to move him at the deadline. He'll have to show he can play. Turner is going to get time at the 1 offering Cam some but limited minutes as the backup, backup pg. Again, Turner will get playing time just so we can showcase him. We still have 2 more roster spots to fill which could be a player that offers another obstacle.  Cam's road to stardom is not short like Barrett who will start almost right away. Cam is going to have to earn every minute. I think that will be good for him, bad for Supes.

Might want to re-read our exchanges in this thread between page 5 and 11. I'm feeling pretty good about 90% of it.  I'm really hoping to see Cam make that jump this coming year and then explode year 3.

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Cam has a beautiful, bass voice.  Would like to hear him sing with a good gospel quartet...

:sun:

😂 ahhhh Gramps you keep me, well middle aged but feeling good all the time! 

I will say though when you commented I looked like Eddie here at :55 in!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...