• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

I think things would have worked better for the guy if he was O.J. Miracle Whip personally. The guy never had a chance since so many hate mayo

So much went wrong for Mayo and Memphis in general. They took the best player in Mayo but he didn't fit. Wasn't a PG or SG. Needed possessions. Not a shooter but a scorer. Could defend PG but couldn't run an offense. Was a #1 option at that time talent wise but with those weaknesses, what can you do on average. His off the court life was wild too. He did a lot of damage to his career. 

I still say Mayo at PG while Joe ran the offense gave us the best chance to win at that time but as it turns out. Jeff was developing and he eventually worked even if Joe was long gone by that point. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, you know @sturt was like this when he saw how long that OP was ...

The man has a fetish for words.  The OP just made his day(s).

Yeah I got nothin' to add to this thread but, if you ask most o' y'all, that's pretty much par for the kg course.

Carry on ...

Just an observation... how many pages now of vigorous discussion has taken place?

And, do I understand correctly that this is a discussion board?

All is well with the world.

Thanks, Supes, for your work to promote deeper conversation with an attempt at well-supported assertions... as well as you others who have engaged, and written several paragraphs in response.

Sound bites and tweets have their place. Even here.

But so do essays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dunno, bro.  I tapped out on page 1.

And don't be tryna use me as your soapbox.

A kg that gets 6.5 hours of sleep 😴 clearly isn’t the kg that gets the full 8 inches ..HOURS! Hours of sleep 🛏... yes.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Great all around post. 100% 

His style of play is considered statistically efficient for the NBA. It's not for college. 

For example:

"The most encouraging part of his performance is his outside shooting. He’s probably a better 3-point shooter than his average percentage (35.6) indicates.

Few players at the next level, regardless of experience, possess his two-way potential. There are only four players 6-foot-8 or taller this season shooting at least 35 percent from 3 on more than five attempts per game with a steal rate higher than 2 percent: Paul George, Joe Ingles, Trevor Ariza, and Robert Covington. Reddish fits the profile of the type of player who could be better in the NBA than he was in college.

Players with his skill set will only become more valuable. The number of 3s that NBA teams take per game has skyrocketed, and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Your best scorers need to be volume 3-point shooters for that to work. Reddish could be the rare volume 3-point shooter who doubles as an elite defender, and there is only a handful of those players in the world. It’s hard to pass up on them in the draft, no matter how much they struggle in college." - The Ringer

I don't know where they are getting their three point stats from. What I see is he shot .333 from college three last season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1.html

He did show great potential in November shooting .431 from three in five games but his 2PT% was still awful at .367.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1/splits/2019

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

smh

You take the soul out of gif'n.  Do you know that?

Leave it to the eggsperts, mmkay?

I actually slightly worried about where this thread is headed. I see Cam’s mom and Or gf putting a restraining order on Supes....the basis of the restraint...

Too much man love. No jury is gonna buy that Supes didn’t have underground basement activities lined up for Cam..

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I actually slightly worried about where this thread is headed. I see Cam’s mom and Or gf putting a restraining order on Supes....the basis of the restraint...

Too much man love. No jury is gonna buy that Supes didn’t have underground basement activities lined up for Cam..

Him has the lotion (and a basket) all ready to go? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Great all around post. 100% 

His style of play is considered statistically efficient for the NBA. It's not for college. 

For example:

"The most encouraging part of his performance is his outside shooting. He’s probably a better 3-point shooter than his average percentage (35.6) indicates.

Few players at the next level, regardless of experience, possess his two-way potential. There are only four players 6-foot-8 or taller this season shooting at least 35 percent from 3 on more than five attempts per game with a steal rate higher than 2 percent: Paul George, Joe Ingles, Trevor Ariza, and Robert Covington. Reddish fits the profile of the type of player who could be better in the NBA than he was in college.

Players with his skill set will only become more valuable. The number of 3s that NBA teams take per game has skyrocketed, and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Your best scorers need to be volume 3-point shooters for that to work. Reddish could be the rare volume 3-point shooter who doubles as an elite defender, and there is only a handful of those players in the world. It’s hard to pass up on them in the draft, no matter how much they struggle in college." - The Ringer

Not to nit pick. But the actual heights for those players is as follows Cam Reddish 6' 6.5" , Paul George 6' 7.75", Joe Ingles 6' 7.75", Trevor Ariza 6' 7", Robert Covington 6' 6.25". Klay Thompson is also close at 6' 5.75". 

• Like 2

We Yo Supes weren’t you very high on McLemore? (another player who looks eerily like Cam Reddish and the rapper Cam’Ron, go figure). I’m just guessing but didn’t they have a similar profile coming out?  I know fit and current NBA trends is why you champion Cam but why did McLemore have only one good season?

And I can’t understand the volume three point attempt advantage just for the sake of getting them up.  Doesn’t shot quality factor in?  You getting up a lot of uncontested, rhythm, and corner threes I’m with it.  But walk ups, step backs, unnecessary distnance behind the line, contested, ample time left on the clock, favorable matchups elsewhere, how can those be considered a plus for your team?  What happens after a particular player misses a three should be analyzed way before I can start praising them for just getting them up.  We need brick rates, offensive rebound rates, airball rates, transition defense ratings, soft shot ratings, foul ratings, al types of sh@t.

Edited by benhillboy

27 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

We Yo Supes weren’t you very high on McLemore? (another player who looks eerily like Cam Reddish and the rapper Cam’Ron, go figure). I’m just guessing but didn’t they have a similar profile coming out?  I know fit and current NBA trends is why you champion Cam but why did McLemore have only one good season?

And I can’t understand the volume three point attempt advantage just for the sake of getting them up.  Doesn’t shot quality factor in?  You getting up a lot of uncontested, rhythm, and corner threes I’m with it.  But walk ups, step backs, unnecessary distnance behind the line, contested, ample time left on the clock, favorable matchups elsewhere, how can those be considered a plus for your team?  What happens after a particular player misses a three should be analyzed way before I can start praising them for just getting them up.  We need brick rates, offensive rebound rates, airball rates, transition defense ratings, soft shot ratings, foul ratings, al types of sh@t.

That's disrespectful. When was I ever high like that on Ben. I wanted Ben like a reclamation project the same way Toronto did Stanley Johnson. Like a cheap let's see if he got something if in a better situation. Shit, both him and Nick Stauskas. 

This was a shit post benhill and you are someone with not many if any at all till this point. I was high like this on Giannis Antetokounmpo. 

Oh boy...

Just now, thecampster said:

Supes.....I just figured out this thread....I think you're confused...the player you're describing is mentioned here:  https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1273732/

Yes,  I would take the risk and trade assets for him.

For Lamelo???? Hellllll no! No way. Never. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2