• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• 3 weeks later...

And the rumors keep coming.  Other NBA teams want Cam Reddish.  Informed sources believe that Atlanta wants a 1st round draft pick.  Seriously.  

Potential!  That word keeps popping up regarding Cam.  If he has great potential to other NBA teams then he has that with the Hawks too.

As Atlanta continues to blow games in the 4th quarter and they continue to wait for key players to heal, other teams would love to swoop in and grab a Hawk or two.  We must be careful.

Hopefully Cooper gets in tonight's game.  Hawks need a spark!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

After a rough first game back going 0-6 and apparently not having much live practice.  Cam has been pretty ( I good (super small sample size). 

Defense is much more solid than the first portion of the season.  His turnovers are down and his spot up three is good.  Some of the moves he makes make you go wow (both good and bad).  He needs to learn to make the simple play instead of the spectacular. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

After a rough first game back going 0-6 and apparently not having much live practice.  Cam has been pretty ( I good (super small sample size). 

Defense is much more solid than the first portion of the season.  His turnovers are down and his spot up three is good.  Some of the moves he makes make you go wow (both good and bad).  He needs to learn to make the simple play instead of the spectacular. 

He's been playing well for us in the last 10 games if you exclude the couple games with injury and from injury. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think his defense has been so-so. Yes, he is being disruptive and getting steals, but he is not applying consistent preassure on shooters and is getting beat consistently off the dribble. Lot's of room to improve imo. 

That's the one area I want to see him improve on.  He's always looking for the poke or interception, would love to see him truly lock a ball handler down to the point they cannot drive.  I don't know if he has that in him though being so tall (his lateral movement is decent but not Lu Dort level)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

That's the one area I want to see him improve on.  He's always looking for the poke or interception, would love to see him truly lock a ball handler down to the point they cannot drive.  I don't know if he has that in him though being so tall (his lateral movement is decent but not Lu Dort level)

Yea, I have been doubting that myseslf. Specifically Gordon was just straight up abusing Cam the other night. Doesn't seem to have the foot-speed to stay infront of the smaller guys.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wish we'd feed Cam and led him try to play like a star.  Give him time to take his man off the dribble or pull up for a shot.   He seems to feel like he has to shoot or drive immediately but i think his handles are good enough.

I don't know about that. He might need to play well in his simplified role before they give him those opportunities. To his credit he's been alright. Maybe next season. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think his issues on D are similar to his issues on O.  Doesn't stay 'within himself'.  When he sets his feet on his shot and when he drives with purpose, he's really good offensively.  Same on D.  When he sits down and focuses on guarding and not tryna get steals, he's very good on the ball.

What caught my attention to him in college was his ability to get down and guard little, fast guards despite being 6'8" or w/e.

This^.

He just needs to play sound disciplined defense and the steals/deflections will come naturally. I wanna see him focus on locking up guys. Like LP said, stop trying to look good playing and just play.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wish we'd feed Cam and led him try to play like a star.  Give him time to take his man off the dribble or pull up for a shot.   He seems to feel like he has to shoot or drive immediately but i think his handles are good enough.

They aren't consistent enough. I've never seen someone lose the ball as much on the perimeter as they try to navigate a screen.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

no reason TLC should be getting more minutes than Cam.   

I don't really understand playing TLC so many minutes.  I understand we're in "win now" mode and trying to get the best seed possible, but I don't know how TLC is helping us towards that goal.  Cam is already just as good and has upside he might start working towards if he can get more minutes.  TLC is more consistent than Cam -- consistently below average -- but Cam's average night is better and he can be consistently GOOD if we work towards that.

Using the designation "starter" as some motivator for guys to work towards is an old and bad strategy.  Not everyone is extrinsically motivated and not everyone is motivated by the obvious ill-placed carrot you place in front of them.  We should be doing what makes sense and guys will be understanding.

• Like 2