• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

But who? It has to be the right fit. It's easy to talk about getting a star in the abstract, but the right player and right deal has to emerge. 

Easy to say you need a superstar, but much harder to get one.  Short answer is I don’t know, but that doesn’t keep me from believing we need one.  
Do you know the types of players that entice teams to trade away their star?  Guys we have on our roster like Cam, Hunter, Okongwu, Huerter, and Jalen. We are stacked with assets.  

It’s up to the GM to make the deal, not me.  I’m just surprised so few posters want to make a deal like this. 

58 minutes ago, Wretch said:

For the most part, I think we're on the same page.  I am far from a "Cam Fan" with blinders on.  I've been very critical of him and this season was it for me to see maturity/growth.  He's done enough dating back to the playoffs for me to sign off on him as nigh-untouchable - for better or for worse.  I'll accept that he doesn't reach his potential. 

This does not mean I'm against moving him, however.  I'm just against moving Cam for anything short of a young star or equally promising talent in return.  I'm not trying to mortgage him to get 2 seasons of a peaked 30+ year old who is expected to be declining as Trae hits his stride.

So we both know what's needed and are interested in seeing deals done.  I'm personally only interested in seeing younger guys brought in.  I'm sure if we make a deal that's what Travis is looking for as well.

We are on the same page.  

I just posted my opinions about Cam in the 76er thread.  The ONLY way Cam works is if he is TREATED as a number one option like he has been during Trae's absence.  I believe I finally have a pin on what makes Cam go.  If he is out there with Trae and the offense continues to be dominated by Trae, then Cam doesn't look like the same player.  People who know basketball in other markets KNOW THIS and thats why they keep trying to rob Atlanta of Reddish with their mock trades.  Cam would flourish elsewhere if his pecking order is upgraded.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Really? Hmm? You don’t want some sound vets around Trae Collins Cam and co.

In terms of a blockbuster and/or dealing young players.  Like, I'm not trying to trade Jalen Johnson (Joe Johnson) for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk.  I think solid vets can be signed outright - look at Bogi, Capela, Gallo...hell, I like the Lance Stephenson signing.  Isaiah Thomas was just hanging around out there begging to play.  You'll find guys like Kemba Walker in the bargain bin in a season or two.  Not to mention, good vets can be had for pennies on the dollar when you dangle first round picks - like Jerami Grant.  I think we could fenagle him from the Pistons with a pick and a player like Skylar.

Bringing in vets is essential.  I'm just not trying to mortgage young talent to win now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

I just posted my opinions about Cam in the 76er thread.  The ONLY way Cam works is if he is TREATED as a number one option like he has been during Trae's absence.  I believe I finally have a pin on what makes Cam go.  If he is out there with Trae and the offense continues to be dominated by Trae, then Cam doesn't look like the same player.  People who know basketball in other markets KNOW THIS and thats why they keep trying to rob Atlanta of Reddish with their mock trades.  Cam would flourish elsewhere if his pecking order is upgraded.

Cam is definitely a guy that needs a high volume of touches to get going. Flourishing as an off ball guy might be challenging for him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

His off the dribble shooting vs his spot up shooting begs to differ.  He'll be fine as an offball player.  He just needs the same dho's run for him when he's with Trae that he's shown to be successful with the past two games. 

Perhaps, but I don't think it's a coincidence his production has increased while Trae has been out. 

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
On 12/23/2021 at 10:50 AM, marco102 said:

You'll have to see this a few more times in consecutive games before saying he's ready.  I'm not even talking about the 34 points, but his approach of getting to the rim without turning the ball over, making the correct reads when passing and deciding to shoot.

He's played 26 games, the same amount as last year.

GP GS MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

26 21 28.8 3.7-10.1 36.5 1.3-4.8 26.2 2.6-3.2 81.7 0.8 3.2 4.0 1.3 0.3 1.3 2.6 1.3 11.2
26 1 23.1 4.0-9.7 41.3 1.8-4.5 39.7 2.2-2.5 89.1 0.7 1.9 2.6 1.0 0.3 1.0 1.4 1.2 12.0

He's improved his field goal percentage by 4.8% and three point percentage by 13.5%.  He still needs to work on his two point percentage. Last night he was 5/13 on two pointers.  Most of the misses were due to poor shot selection. He's become an excellent free throw shooter and his turnovers are down.

He's only play 110 games in the NBA. 

His true shooting percentage of 55.5% is league average.  He has a better true shooting percentage than Jayson Tatum this season (53.1%) and on par with Jason's second season (54.7%) in which he had played 159 games by the end of.

Patience is still  key for him and Dre.  I think we lost sight of this with the great run we had last year.

That’s the thing he has been doing parts of this all season.  The games where his numbers were off was when Gallo came back and messed up his rhythm  because the bench offense wasn’t running through him. The other few games due to injury in that game or trying to play through an injury. 

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If he can get to 44.5% from the field and 38%+ from during a season from Cam we would will be in business.

I hope he keeps this up!…we get hunter back healthy and OO on the floor I truly believe some wins are going to start piling up.

• Like 4