• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, txsting said:

I think everyone has highly overrated Cam because he can sometimes score.  He's been terrible defensively, by some metrics one of the worst in the entire league.  I thought he had more value in the league, but let's face it, he didn't.  We know the Hawks talked to everybody trying to get a deal for Cam, Woj just tweeted the same today.  Supes said the same thing several days ago.  If this was the best deal, it's the best deal.  

Terrible net rating, too.  This board loves him, but I think everyone is crazy.  This is the best we could get and it shows how much the league values him.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, txsting said:

IMO, we are selling high on Cam and Schlenk will be vindicated.  This should help sink our rival Knicks as well.

Yeah, it does.  If that's his value, what else can you say?

Value is not fixed. It changes as players develop. Is Cam in two years going to be worth than the 23 pick or whatever. Probably. He probably already is. 

• Like 2

LOL. I've been working all morning and just heard about this trade on NBA Radio during my lunch break. I'm shocked to say the least. Didn't think Schlenk would pull the trigger.

But they're thinking that an even bigger deal is about to come down.  The extra picks are the key to this, and definitely not Kevin Knox.

This should put the entire team on notice, or maybe not. Jalen Johnson is the new Cam Reddish, but he needs to put himself in position to crack this rotation.

Schlenk ain't messing around. This trade may put us in position to get a legit star player to put alongside Trae.

If it's a smaller deal, trade Knox + a 1st for Josh Hart.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

So we got stuck with Trae instead of Doncic, for nothing.  You have been officially removed from the Smart GM Category, Schlenk.

Trading Luka is officially a mistake. In a couple of years, it will be a disaster 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Final_quest said:

Terrible net rating, too.  This board loves him, but I think everyone is crazy.  This is the best we could get and it shows how much the league values him.  

Cam was and continues to be dogshit.  I stand by everything I ever said about him.  30 NBA GM's just ratified it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, txsting said:

IMO, we are selling high on Cam and Schlenk will be vindicated.  This should help sink our rival Knicks as well.

Yeah, it does.  If that's his value, what else can you say?

If Cam's not worth more than an end of the bench player and a first round draft pick that quite possibly will turn into two second rounders, what  does that say about  Schlenk's ability to judge talent?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRADE CAM FOR A YEAR. the only people who swear they could have gotten more are fans like yourself. He screend all the avaialble teams and this was the best possible trade they could get. Would you rather they let cam reddish walk in free agency for nothing??? or would you rather get an asset and open a roster spot.

Take your feelings of the player away from the deal itself. it was the best offer and he took it. Gives them roster flexibility and another asset to make more roster moves. Cam reddish was ass here to btw. He has the worst RAPTOR on the team of players that have played 600+ minutes.

The Jermaine O'Neal trade from Portland was better than this. You can preach to the top of lady liberty but we will get to see this in action  soon

Next!  I'm betting Travis didn't just do this all on his own.  Cam might have asked out.  Coach might have wanted him gone.  Or, this may be a first part of a big move.  Maybe not.

I remember an old radio show.  A voice is heard:  "Who knows what lies in the heart of man?  The Shadow knows."    We're hoping something good is still in store for our beloved Hawks.

:smug:

• Like 1

Feels like the great escape.

The Germans found our 2 tunnels, but now we dig, (around the clock) in practice and Schlenk) on the phones 📞 

I’m mad :angry2: and motivated.

I didn’t wanna mess with the roster but now I’m all in for KAT. Schlenk better make this right. His first chess ♟ move is puzzling 🤨.. 

ALL IN FOR KAT OR BEN OR WHOEVER NOW! 

LOSING CAM WAS LIKE LOSING IVES! 

ps Supes is McQueen here. 😤 

Just now, Watchman said:

If Cam's not worth more than an end of the bench player and a first round draft pick that quite possibly will turn into two second rounders, what  does that say about  Schlenk's ability to judge talent?

You may have an argument there!  But i think the trade up for Hunter still looks good and it was very bold.  It was a good try on Reddish, and you have to also say the other SF's who were available (Cameron Johnson, Sekou Doumboya) haven't been better picks.