• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, Watchman said:

If Cam's not worth more than an end of the bench player and a first round draft pick that quite possibly will turn into two second rounders, what  does that say about  Schlenk's ability to judge talent?

If you listen to interviews with Schlenk about the draft, he says that not every pick is gonna be a winner.  One of the reasons they made the trade for Trae was to get another chance at a lottery pick.  Most likely this pick is part of a deal in the coming days.  I think Schlenk has drafted pretty well.  This pick was always a high upside roll of the dice.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I guess they had to choose between Dre and Cam, and they chose Dre. Some here like to claim we can pay everybody, but that's not it really works. You can't pay everybody. 

They made their choice, now they gotta commit to it.

Deandre needs 15 shots MINIMUM. 

Also Gallo gotta go next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txsting said:

You may have an argument there!  But i think the trade up for Hunter still looks good and it was very bold.  It was a good try on Reddish, and you have to also say the other SF's who were available (Cameron Johnson, Sekou Doumboya) haven't been better picks.

LMAO! 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Great so we blew a top 10 pick on a bum. So happy,. 

There wasn't much else to be had.  You'd have been happy at the time had we picked Tyler Herro?  I mean, he's the only guy I can see with markedly more value that you could have picked there.

• Premium Member
Just now, txsting said:

You may have an argument there!  But i think the trade up for Hunter still looks good and it was very bold.  It was a good try on Reddish, and you have to also say the other SF's who were available (Cameron Johnson, Sekou Doumboya) haven't been better picks.

Cameron Johnson has been a super important piece for Phoenix. He's been averaging aroun 17 points on 50% shooting and 30mpg the last 10. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The Jermaine O'Neal trade from Portland was better than this. You can preach to the top of lady liberty but we will get to see this in action  soon

they werent paying cam reddish that is a fact. Whether you guys want to accept that or not that is on you. They have said time and time again they are not paying cam reddish. You guys would rather we not get an asset and let him walk for free. Thats not smart team building.

• Like 4

Just now, txsting said:

We already had Hunter.  We didn't need another SF.  That  draft seems a lot like the Childress and Josh Smith picks.  

Also, why did we trade him East. I mean unless Schlenk’s master move is that he know Cams sucks and wants to sell the Knicks crap goods to keep them down as a franchise. 

Otherwise you prolly get that deal from a west team, hell any team. Lol.

• Premium Member

Great so we blew a top 10 pick on a bum. So happy,. 

I mean, we also landed a nice pick at 19(?) in Collins/Heurter... you win some and lose some.

And yes this board and Hawks fans everywhere (Reddit in particular is cringy with their Cam obsession) overrate Cam.  It's bveen reported literally all 29 teams have been interested in Cam and this is the best offer.  So unless every GM in the league knows less than we do about Cam and his potential... it is what it is.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, txsting said:

There wasn't much else to be had.  You'd have been happy at the time had we picked Tyler Herro?  I mean, he's the only guy I can see with markedly more value that you could have picked there.

If you think Cam Johnson doesn't have more value you are high on drugs sir.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

they werent paying cam reddish that is a fact. Whether you guys want to accept that or not that is on you. They have said time and time again they are not paying cam reddish. You guys would rather we not get an asset and let him walk for free. Thats not smart team building.

He's a Knick now, he's not retired. He still writing his story. Travis just closed his Hawks chapter but as far as value goes. If you are right, he will prove you right. If you are wrong, he will prove you wrong. 

• Like 1

Cameron Johnson has been a super important piece for Phoenix. He's been averaging aroun 17 points on 50% shooting and 30mpg the last 10. 

Yeah, he's got more value than Cam too.  There's not a ton of guys though.  It's didn't work out - sometimes that happens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Next!  I'm betting Travis didn't just do this all on his own.  Cam might have asked out.  Coach might have wanted him gone.  Or, this may be a first part of a big move.  Maybe not.

I remember an old radio show.  A voice is heard:  "Who knows what lies in the heart of man?  The Shadow knows."    We're hoping something good is still in store for our beloved Hawks.

:smug:

It doesn't matter if he asked or not. That's not how Travis will be judged on this long term.