• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

Yeah, he's got more value than Cam too.  There's not a ton of guys though.  It's didn't work out - sometimes that happens.

Bro dropped 36 and 30 multiple times and showcased high end talent. Man, you Cam haters will be on suicide alert. I already know and accepted what's coming. 

@Sothron, you can add me to the list for this being the most disappointing season and maybe era in Hawks history 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, we also landed a nice pick at 19(?) in Collins/Heurter... you win some and lose some.

And yes this board and Hawks fans everywhere (Reddit in particular is cringy with their Cam obsession) overrate Cam.  It's bveen reported literally all 29 teams have been interested in Cam and this is the best offer.  So unless every GM in the league knows less than we do about Cam and his potential... it is what it is.

How do we know it's the best offer?  You assume it's the best offer.  Sounds like a desperate GM jumping at the first offer that came along.

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

You are really off the deep end.

I have no faith in Travis and I have no faith in this franchise. I just don't. This isn't the first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time this has happened either. This always happens.

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So a bit of commentary on this trade (not commenting on future trades incoming). 

Knox's rookie year he was 12/4.5 on terrible efficiency but okay 3 point numbers.  Knox can already shoot the 3 and lacked the point guard play in New York to take advantage of his athletic abilities. Knox wasn't TT's type of player. He is not skillless.

Reddish is a good player but was a constant push for coaches having to challenge him, motivate him.  His work he did at the end of last year trailed off once the season started this year. Specifically, the Hawks wanted to keep him and help him mature but not at the cost of paying him what he'd command.  The Reddish camp was adamant at exploring his trade value and Reddish was calling for opportunities to showcase his abilities (to perhaps increase his value). This led to some sloppy inefficient play and rubbed some teammates the wrong way (behind closed doors talk).

There are going to be more moves to follow. They're not blowing this thing up but they aren't standing pat either.

This is good stuff.  I thought we could do better on a deal too, but apparently I was wrong.  If this was the best deal out there, and we know we talked to most every team, then what else can be said?  I really don't think we are losing a player of winning value in Cam.  But I suppose I've made my opinion clear on that.  Others may differ. 🥱

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

How do we know it's the best offer?  You assume it's the best offer.  Sounds like a desperate GM jumping at the first offer that came along.

Huh?  It's been widely reported Cam has interest from everyone.  You think Schlenk said hmm i know what 29 teams will give me, let me go with the team that gave me the 5th best offer?  What are you even suggesting lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I mean, I'm thinking there probably aren't a lot of good offers, but this Hawks team is imploding completely in front of our eyes, so to assume Schlenk is patiently waiting for the absolute best value as the entire team is in shambles is possible, but not something we can safely assume. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I have no faith in Travis and I have no faith in this franchise. I just don't. This isn't the first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time this has happened either. This always happens.

I mean I'm a Cam fan too.  I haven't lost faith just yet.  I've been through worst with the Hawks and still will be here. 

Just going to be patient and see where this leads. 

If Cam becomes PG13 and win the Knicks a championship, I'll forever hate Travis, unless we win won too.

However, the likelihood of that happening are slim.  We just have to see what's going to happen in the next few days.

• Like 3

So to be clear, there are a few angles to this trade you all may not be considering.

Point guard play in New York really didn't help Knox out. Tom T becoming their coach sank him. He's not "great" but he isn't a bum. He'll probably get some burn here to up his trade value. He does shoot about 36% from 3.  If I told you all you could trade Solomon Hill for Knox straight up you'd do it all day long.  The problem is Cam's name is attached and on Knox you're buying low. 

In the battle between Cam, Hunter, Huerter, BB, there was too much money and not enough effort from 2 of the 4.  When the Hawks gave that big money to Collins, Capela and Trae, this move was inevitable.  Huerter played himself into his contract, the question is who of BB/Hunter remains after the deadline. Keep Hunter you got to pay him. Its a tough call.

Back to Knox.  He was behind Randle, Toppin and other situational bigs. He was young and not the type of player Tibbs likes. See below taken from:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-knicks/knicks-kevin-knox-reveals-new-video-ahead-of-contract-year-watch/

Kevin Knox was a contributor to the New York Knicks’ exciting 5-7 start through the season’s first 12 games.

Play

Kevin Knox 19 pts 5 threes 5 rebs vs Hornets 20/21 seasonGo To ballhoggloves.com for basketball training equipment. 

He averaged 8.3 points on 41% shooting from the three-point line in that span.

But then, slowly yet surely, he fell out of head coach Tom Thibodeau’s rotation.

The longtime head coach called Knox, as well as Ntilikina, “situational” ahead of the Knicks’ 23rd game of the season, and neither went on to play significant roles.

Knox made one appearance in New York’s first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks, connecting on a garbage-time bucket in their Game Four loss.

It may prove his last game in a New York Knicks uniform.

Multiple Outlets Are Suggesting a Knox Trade

The New York Knicks might be more likely to retain Kevin Knox if not for his $5.8-million salary.

That’s good for the third-highest on the team, behind Julius Randle and RJ Barrett.

Ahead of an offseason where they’re hoping to land a top talent like Chris Paul or Kyle Lowry, expect Leon Rose and the front office to explore all potential avenues to opening up even more cap space.

Salary dumping an expiring contract like Knox’s shouldn’t be too tall a task for the Knicks who have multiple second-round picks for teams to choose from in exchange for taking on the third-year forward.

A number of outlets have already proposed such deals in recent weeks.

Brian Robb of Mass Live suggested New York send him to the Boston Celtics, who have yet to completely fill the trade exception from the Gordon Hayward trade:

Another buy-low option after failing to break his way into Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in New York last season. At age 21, there is untapped potential here but the case can be made that the Celtics already have too much youth on their roster already.

And Bleacher Report’s Dan Favale wrote up a trade proposal just last week, where the Knicks would send Knox and the 32nd overall pick to the Houston Rockets for Avery Bradley and Danuel House:

Rolling the dice on Knox is worth two expiring contracts on wings who don’t factor into the long-term outlook. Knox will be just 22 in August, hit 39.3 percent of his triples last season and has the size at 6’7″ to play the 2, 3 or 4.

It seems unlikely that Kevin Knox’s latest workout tape will do much (if anything) to alter his uncertain future with the New York Knicks.

But above all else, once he’s gone, no one will ever be able to bash his work ethic.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Oh, you're right.  I'm sure he took one of the middling offers he had after talking throughout the entire league (we have it from Woj and our insiders on here), and rejected better ones.  da fuq?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Reddish is a good player but was a constant push for coaches having to challenge him, motivate him.  His work he did at the end of last year trailed off once the season started this year. Specifically, the Hawks wanted to keep him and help him mature but not at the cost of paying him what he'd command.  The Reddish camp was adamant at exploring his trade value and Reddish was calling for opportunities to showcase his abilities (to perhaps increase his value). This led to some sloppy inefficient play and rubbed some teammates the wrong way (behind closed doors talk).

Cam never came across like a pro.  Just a weird dude who doesn't have the mentality to be a net positive player.  Way worse than Josh Smith, and we talk about him like he's a bonehead.  At least Josh is top 5 in almost every stat for all time numbers of our franchise: points, blocks, steals, rebounds, etc. 

Never understood why Cam got so much love.    

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Huh?  It's been widely reported Cam has interest from everyone.  You think Schlenk said hmm i know what 29 teams will give me, let me go with the team that gave me the 5th best offer?  What are you even suggesting lol

He's suggesting that the team is tanking in the standings, the entire eastern conference outside of us Detroit and Orlando are in playoff contention and have no urgency for a trade. Faced with a market with very low demand Travis may just be making the moves he has available which are sub-optimal out of desperation rather than some extremely well calculated plan. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So a bit of commentary on this trade (not commenting on future trades incoming). 

Knox's rookie year he was 12/4.5 on terrible efficiency but okay 3 point numbers.  Knox can already shoot the 3 and lacked the point guard play in New York to take advantage of his athletic abilities. Knox wasn't TT's type of player. He is not skillless.

There are going to be more moves to follow. They're not blowing this thing up but they aren't standing pat either.

I guess Gallo's comment from 2 days ago regarding the 'heirarchy of the offense' makes a little more sense now.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro dropped 36 and 30 multiple times and showcased high end talent. Man, you Cam haters will be on suicide alert. I already know and accepted what's coming. 

@Sothron, you can add me to the list for this being the most disappointing season and maybe era in Hawks history 

He also has more career turnovers than assists. Shoots below league average efficiency from the field and at the rim. Defense took a step back. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

I am suggesting that Schlenk knows he's in trouble with Ressler, and he has to do something, even if it's something stupid.  Why do you think Schlenk got 29 offers and chose "the 5th best offer"?