• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So to be clear, there are a few angles to this trade you all may not be considering.

Point guard play in New York really didn't help Knox out. Tom T becoming their coach sank him. He's not "great" but he isn't a bum. He'll probably get some burn here to up his trade value. He does shoot about 36% from 3.  If I told you all you could trade Solomon Hill for Knox straight up you'd do it all day long.  The problem is Cam's name is attached and on Knox you're buying low. 

In the battle between Cam, Hunter, Huerter, BB, there was too much money and not enough effort from 2 of the 4.  When the Hawks gave that big money to Collins, Capela and Trae, this move was inevitable.  Huerter played himself into his contract, the question is who of BB/Hunter remains after the deadline. Keep Hunter you got to pay him. Its a tough call.

Back to Knox.  He was behind Randle, Toppin and other situational bigs. He was young and not the type of player Tibbs likes. See below taken from:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-knicks/knicks-kevin-knox-reveals-new-video-ahead-of-contract-year-watch/

Kevin Knox was a contributor to the New York Knicks’ exciting 5-7 start through the season’s first 12 games.

Play

Kevin Knox 19 pts 5 threes 5 rebs vs Hornets 20/21 seasonGo To ballhoggloves.com for basketball training equipment. 

He averaged 8.3 points on 41% shooting from the three-point line in that span.

But then, slowly yet surely, he fell out of head coach Tom Thibodeau’s rotation.

The longtime head coach called Knox, as well as Ntilikina, “situational” ahead of the Knicks’ 23rd game of the season, and neither went on to play significant roles.

Knox made one appearance in New York’s first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks, connecting on a garbage-time bucket in their Game Four loss.

It may prove his last game in a New York Knicks uniform.

Multiple Outlets Are Suggesting a Knox Trade

The New York Knicks might be more likely to retain Kevin Knox if not for his $5.8-million salary.

That’s good for the third-highest on the team, behind Julius Randle and RJ Barrett.

Ahead of an offseason where they’re hoping to land a top talent like Chris Paul or Kyle Lowry, expect Leon Rose and the front office to explore all potential avenues to opening up even more cap space.

Salary dumping an expiring contract like Knox’s shouldn’t be too tall a task for the Knicks who have multiple second-round picks for teams to choose from in exchange for taking on the third-year forward.

A number of outlets have already proposed such deals in recent weeks.

Brian Robb of Mass Live suggested New York send him to the Boston Celtics, who have yet to completely fill the trade exception from the Gordon Hayward trade:

Another buy-low option after failing to break his way into Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in New York last season. At age 21, there is untapped potential here but the case can be made that the Celtics already have too much youth on their roster already.

And Bleacher Report’s Dan Favale wrote up a trade proposal just last week, where the Knicks would send Knox and the 32nd overall pick to the Houston Rockets for Avery Bradley and Danuel House:

Rolling the dice on Knox is worth two expiring contracts on wings who don’t factor into the long-term outlook. Knox will be just 22 in August, hit 39.3 percent of his triples last season and has the size at 6’7″ to play the 2, 3 or 4.

It seems unlikely that Kevin Knox’s latest workout tape will do much (if anything) to alter his uncertain future with the New York Knicks.

But above all else, once he’s gone, no one will ever be able to bash his work ethic.

I liked Knox in the draft process, but he hasn't shown much. Here's to hoping he can at least play the 3 and D role, if he stays on the roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ok... Let's look at something:

first round pick protected top 18 in 2022, top 16 in 2023, top 14 in 2024-25, else 2026 second round pick, 2027 second round pick)

That's what we got for Cam.

So if we had traded directly with Charlotte, it would have been Kai Jones for Cam.   Jones can't even see the court. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

first round pick protected top 18 in 2022, top 16 in 2023, top 14 in 2024-25, else 2026 second round pick, 2027 second round pick)

So if we had traded directly with Charlotte, it would have been Kia Jones for Cam.   Jones can't even see the court. 

They swear we trading the pick for Simmons tho. Morey just licking his chops

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

So if we had traded directly with Charlotte, it would have been Kia Jones for Cam.   Jones can't even see the court. 

But every trade made is for the perfect amount of value! No one ever gets fleeced!

Nah fam, we just got fleeced.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Picks are much more valuable before they're used... jury still out on this one because we don't know what Schlenk's plan is.

• Like 1

I don't think it's so much about Knox.  I mean, I appreciate thecampster trying to support the value of Knox, but he was the salary that fit, and on top of that, he's expiring money.  He could either be resigned cheap, or possibly packaged, although I'm sure there is some sort of waiting period on that.  

• Premium Member

Here's my thinking.

Kevin Knox is a trade piece. 

Him and Gallanari represents almost 26 Million dollars with 20 Millon off the books for next season.   You add Bogi... you're talking about 44 Million dollars in trade. 

Here it is..

We're trading for Russell Westbrook.

Gallo, Bogi, and Knox for Westbrook.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Here's my thinking.

Him and Gallanari represents almost 26 Million dollars with 20 Millon off the books for next season.   You add Bogi... you're talking about 44 Million dollars in trade. 

Here it is..

Lol, man after 25+ years of being a fan, this would be the straw that broke the camel's back. And by straw I mean the 100kg acme anvil.

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I mean I'm a Cam fan too.  I haven't lost faith just yet.  I've been through worst with the Hawks and still will be here. 

Just going to be patient and see where this leads. 

If Cam becomes PG13 and win the Knicks a championship, I'll forever hate Travis, unless we win won too.

However, the likelihood of that happening are slim.  We just have to see what's going to happen in the next few days.

You know how many times we did stupid shit and some hawk fan be like, just be patient man. 

Drafted Marvin, just be patient man, he suppose to be the next Worthy

Drafted Shelden, we need a tough rebounder, just be patient. 

Resigned JJ to the max, just be patient, we gonna get a superstar to play with Iso Joe. 

Man, be patient should be the slogan for this stupid ass organization. 

Just be patient, Trae gonna learn to play off the ball

Just be patient, we gonna get a superstar to play with ________ Hawks current best player here.

Man, this team and organization is gutter status. 

Move these fools back to St. Louis 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here's my thinking.

Here it is..

I looked it up....you'd have to wait 60 days to package Knox in a deal.  He could be traded immediately in a straight up 1-1 deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Lol, man after 25+ years of being a fan, this would be the straw that broke the camel's back. And by straw I mean the 100kg acme anvil.

Same.  I love supporting this team and am plenty happy to change how I feel about some situations or at least take a positive outlook, but if we traded for Westbrook I would legit stop watching the Hawks and try to watch soccer or something lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know how many times we did stupid shit and some hawk fan be like, just be patient man. 

Drafted Marvin, just be patient man, he suppose to be the next Worthy

Drafted Shelden, we need a tough rebounder, just be patient. 

Resigned JJ to the max, just be patient, we gonna get a superstar to play with Iso Joe. 

Man, be patient should be the slogan for this stupid ass organization. 

True but wasn’t “being patient” on Cam possibly holding Trae and us back as an organization? You can’t see the forest 🌳 for the trees :mellow:🌲 

Even Better...

Gallo, Bogi, Knox to LAL

Westbrook/2 1st (ATL) to Philly

Simmons to Atlanta. 

Ok that I like.

• Like 1