• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm getting ready for Ben Simmons on the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is for the people that think Bogi + Gallo is going to get a deal done for Ben. THEY WANT A STAR.

I agree that Bogi and Gallo won't be enough but who are the stars that are AVAILABLE.  

Lillard is there 1st choice but Portland doesn't want to move him and he had surgery - after  that who. Read they want to move off Harris in the Ben trade to clear space to make a run at Harden in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who do they think they are going to get? Ben isn't even a top 20 player. He's more like in that 20 to 40 range. 

That's exactly why we need to move on from Philly. They aren't going to budge from their asking price.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree that Bogi and Gallo won't be enough but who are the stars that are AVAILABLE.  

Lillard is there 1st choice but Portland doesn't want to move him and he had surgery - after  that who. Read they want to move off Harris in the Ben trade to clear space to make a run at Harden in the offseason.

They know this, and they ultimately believe that they can convince Ben to come back because of this. They'll wait until draft night for more targets to become available if he doesn't. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They know this, and they ultimately believe that they can convince Ben to come back because of this. They'll wait until draft night for more targets to become available if he doesn't. 

Don't think they really believe Ben is ever coming back.

• Like 4

I don't see Simmons fitting in this lineup in a way that will make us all happy. I don't know that he is worth what they are asking for, just for us to destroy our roster build. Clint can't be traded and I already have doubts about our potential with him in the lineup. Simmons and Clint on the court together is tough to overcome spacing wise no matter who is around them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just don't see that happening at all.

Yea I don't think it's that. At the end of the day every single game he sits out he gives back part of that massive contract they are paying him, so I think they are good with him sitting out as much as he wants. The Sixers are playing pretty well right now so there is no urgency on their part to take anything but absolutely top value for Simmons.

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Getting KAT is close to 0% chance IMO. Why does Minny move him for anything other than a franchise player?

I don’t know maybe cuz he’s in like year 8 and no success plus you can hit retool as you have a franchise guy in the ant man. They know they have a ceiling and at some point will sell on KAT, question is when.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is for the people that think Bogi + Gallo is going to get a deal done for Ben. THEY WANT A STAR.

If Maxey wasn't playing good, you might have a point.. but Maxey is playing better than Fox.. so why would Philly trade for him?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know maybe cuz he’s in like year 8 and no success plus you can hit retool as you have a franchise guy in the ant man. They know they have a ceiling and at some point will sell on KAT, question is when.

Retooling for what? Who are they gonna lure in their with the 35 million they save getting rid of KAT? Just like with the Hawks ain't no Damien Lillard, Durant, etc type player signing with that team in free agency. It makes no sense for them any way you wanna slice it to move KAT for anything but a possible upgrade aka. another team's franchise guy, or at the very, very least a top 3 prospect. Also they are about to make the playoffs for the first time in ages they aren't gonna be in the blow it all up mode and jeopordize getting that playoff revenue in the first season they seem to be playing well since getting rid of Butler. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Retooling for what? Who are they gonna lure in their with the 35 million they save getting rid of KAT? Just like with the Hawks ain't no Damien Lillard, Durant, etc type player signing with that team in free agency. It makes no sense for them any way you wanna slice it to move KAT for anything but a possible upgrade aka. another team's franchise guy, or at the very, very least a top 3 prospect. Also they are about to make the playoffs for the first time in ages they aren't gonna be in the blow it all up mode and jeopordize getting that playoff revenue in the first season they seem to be playing well since getting rid of Butler. 

It’s a small market like ours I totally get that. At some point thought they have to ask themselves if KAT will win it all with this young group in the next few years. If not, they need to cash in on retooling through the draft and piling on the assets to at least try and lure someone or make another trade to bring in another guy like KAT that may or may not be the answer.

If I’m them I sell HIGH on KAT and stockpile young talent and picks to pair with a dog like 🐜 man. 

Perhaps you are right though, it feels like a vicious cycle when I lay it out like that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Not to be conspiratorial, But I do feel like this may be a proxy war between the league and Rich Paul. Has a team ever played hardball like this with a disgruntled star?

Rauf?!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s a small market like ours I totally get that. At some point thought they have to ask themselves if KAT will win it all with this young group in the next few years. If not, they need to cash in on retooling through the draft and piling on the assets to at least try and lure someone or make another trade to bring in another guy like KAT that may or may not be the answer.

If I’m them I sell HIGH on KAT and stockpile young talent and picks to pair with a dog like 🐜 man. 

Perhaps you are right though, it feels like a vicious cycle when I lay it out like that. 

Well look at it this way, why are we even discussing KAT to the Hawks? Because we really can't think of anyone better we can get, is the answer. If Minny already has that guy why give him away? I would freaking kill for KAT right now, I'm sure Minny is willing to hang on to him for at least the next few years as Antman continues to develop alongside him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You crazy GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Haha 1