• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight vs. The Heat....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm predicting that we win this by 25 or better. 

Shocks GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Here's why.

1.  It's on the road. 

2.   Our guys are pissed off from the last loss. 

3.  Losing Cam probably will bring us together. 

4.  Miami won't take us seriously.

5.  Trae has probably heard about the Trae Hate and probably goes for 45/9 tonight. 

6.  Hunter and Kev will pick their games up to prove that they are worthy of the money. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm predicting that we win this by 25 or better. 

Shocks GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Here's why.

1.  It's on the road. 

2.   Our guys are pissed off from the last loss. 

3.  Losing Cam probably will bring us together. 

4.  Miami won't take us seriously.

5.  Trae has probably heard about the Trae Hate and probably goes for 45/9 tonight. 

6.  Hunter and Kev will pick their games up to prove that they are worthy of the money. 

Lower your expectations for this team and it won't hurt as much.

They have to go on a nice 5 or 6 game winning streak before I think they can turn it around. They haven't shown that same fight this season they had last season. Even the games we were losing in the beginning of last season they were fighting in them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If it was anyone but the Heat I might agree.  Heat know they can push us around with no repercussions and our second unit can't stop Herro/Robinson.   It's a terrible matchup for us right now.  

The other thing I didn't mention...

Our coaching staff is going to coach us up based on what they saw in the last game.    Notice our trends...  we don't make great halftime adjustments but we make excellent next game adjustments. 

This losing at home thing was a theme in last years playoffs.   Most of our wins were on the road.   But from game to game, Nate brought in new ways to overcome the teams that had beat us.  It's like he had to take the problem to the collective to get an answer before the next game. 

This is Nate at the Half:

2 4 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This is Nate the next Game:

Here's the Secret Brain Math That Makes People More Confident

• Haha 2

• Moderators

I'm generally a big supporter of Nate but when he took Trae out last game in the 3rd quarter when we were in the bonus and Trae had gone to the line on three straight trips he lost me.   I'm more ok with the strict rotations than most people but he's been way overboard this year.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I'm generally a big supporter of Nate but when he took Trae out last game in the 3rd quarter when we were in the bonus and Trae had gone to the line on three straight trips he lost me.   I'm more ok with the strict rotations than most people but he's been way overboard this year.  

I was angered about Nate's rotation last game too.

1.  He took Trae out while we were in the bonus.

2.  He put Trae Back in in the 4th after Wright, Hunter, and Gallo had brought us back to life. 

It's almost like Nate watches the clock and not the game. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I was angered about Nate's rotation last game too.

1.  He took Trae out while we were in the bonus.

2.  He put Trae Back in in the 4th after Wright, Hunter, and Gallo had brought us back to life. 

The other thing about #1 that angered me was that NOBODY else tried to drive when Trae went out.   Our BBIQ is not so high if we got a team in the penalty and we're not forcing them to either stop us or foul everytime we get the ball.    We get goofy in the penalty and start hoisting up three pointers.   I'd rather Nate sub in Lou and Let Lou drive. 

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The other thing I didn't mention...

Our coaching staff is going to coach us up based on what they saw in the last game.    Notice our trends...  we don't make great halftime adjustments but we make excellent next game adjustments. 

This losing at home thing was a theme in last years playoffs.   Most of our wins were on the road.   But from game to game, Nate brought in new ways to overcome the teams that had beat us.  It's like he had to take the problem to the collective to get an answer before the next game. 

This is Nate at the Half:

2 4 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This is Nate the next Game:

Here's the Secret Brain Math That Makes People More Confident

I don't disagree with your facts, but at some point we have to realize that last year was last year. There has been next to no carryover trends from coaching on down.

Prime example, losing at home. We lost like what, 4 or 5 straight games at home in the exact same fashion this season. There were no adjustments that actually showed up in the form of results on the court.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't disagree with your facts, but at some point we have to realize that last year was last year. There has been next to no carryover trends from coaching on down.

Prime example, losing at home. We lost like what, 4 or 5 straight games at home in the exact same fashion this season. There were no adjustments that actually showed up in the form of results on the court.

We still play better on the road than we do at home.  That may not be a coachable thing?  We have to determine whats causing all this?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

when he took Trae out last game in the 3rd quarter when we were in the bonus and Trae had gone to the line on three straight trips he lost me.

it's these little adjustments that makes me question his coaching acumen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This is it exactly.  His notes say it's time for Trae to come out, so out he comes - he has no feel for the action and how it is unfolding.

• Like 1