• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Two very good scorers but no playmaking skills and unable to get others involved. Both stop the ball and can only create for themselves. They honestly need a playmaking point guard and then could possibly make it all work 

So much duplication with their skill sets.  One needs to be traded and the other learn how to screen and cut.  Chris Paul ain’t walking through that door.  Brown’s defense is tied to how well he’s doing offensively.  Tatum don’t give a damn either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

So much duplication with their skill sets.  One needs to be traded and the other learn how to screen and cut.  Chris Paul ain’t walking through that door.  Brown’s defense is tied to how well he’s doing offensively.  Tatum don’t give a damn either way.

I don't see duplication in the Js... I just think that they are undisciplined.   More than anything, they need a distributor. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nowhere near enough credit is being paid to Trae Payton rn.

I'll call him the plastic glove.

Hawks Mascot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Hawks should be above .500 next week. I hate that they dug themselves into such a deep hole. It looks like they are back to what they were late last season, so I feel confident in saying they will get back into the thick of the Playoff race (not Play-in) sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see duplication in the Js... I just think that they are undisciplined.   More than anything, they need a distributor. 

Hawks Mascot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The duplication is in that they both occupy the same spaces to be effective.  Thats why it'll always be my turn, your turn. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I reject the notion that Trae had a BAD Game??

He was money on defense.

And who led the Hawks in Scoring?

GIF: nba, excited, fan, pumped, support, lets go, hyped, atlanta hawks,  sugar rush, too much candy, playing the drums, so much energize GIF

He scored 21 points on 25 shots (JC had 21 on 13). He had 6 assists and 5 turnovers. It was one of his worst offensive games of the season. But one of the best defensive games of his career so I'm not sweating it overall. Just something he can improve on in the future. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

Big win. My only complaint is Trae has to do a better job of recognizing when the team is cooking and just play smart team basketball. We need him to take 25 shots some nights, but tonight was not one of those nights. He played well defensively and hit the glass, though. 

@Peoriabird

Thats how you fairly criticize and still acknowledge the good a player did for the game.

🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I reject the notion that Trae had a BAD Game??

He was money on defense.

And who led the Hawks in Scoring?

GIF: nba, excited, fan, pumped, support, lets go, hyped, atlanta hawks,  sugar rush, too much candy, playing the drums, so much energize GIF

He had a bad offensive game. He had this frantic pace on offense that led to bad shots and turnovers. It all boils down to decision making and situational awareness. He seemed to get it in the 4th and played good basketball on both ends to close the game out. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

He scored 21 points on 25 shots (JC had 21 on 13). He had 6 assists and 5 turnovers. It was one of his worst offensive games of the season. But one of the best defensive games of his career so I'm not sweating it overall. Just something he can improve on in the future. 

This is exactly why you can't call it a bad game.   His FG% wasn't where we wanted it to be.. .but his game was where we needed it to be.