• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Most point by a Laker in any half since Kobe’s last game. (30) Russ and counting.

And still lose.  Dr. Jim Buss doing somersaults in his grave.  They’re gonna get so washed Sunday.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

How the f&@k did that ESPN matchup predictor figure the Celtics had a 67% chance to win this game?  Their Bigs can’t score, wings are horrible passers, and both of their PGs are career BU level.  Meanwhile our team defense been near elite lately.

Guess they really don't like the Hawks.  This game was going to be later tonight, an ESPN game.  However, since we were no competition to Boston, they moved on to NY and the 76ers.  Mil. up 67-63 @ the half.

:smug:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see duplication in the Js... I just think that they are undisciplined.   More than anything, they need a distributor. 

Hawks Mascot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=brownja02&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id2=tatumja01&p2yrfrom=2022

A lot of these numbers are identical.  Peep the per 100 ratings.  Defensive rating is better than I’d expect due to the teams’ slow pace and their great raw rebounding.  Offensive rating is where I’d expect because their shot selection and assist to turn is crap.  

High usage players who are even or below contribute more to losing than winning.  You want Jimmy Butler at 126 to 106.  He could care less about scoring he could cut and play middle linebacker all game and lead his team to a blowout.  These dudes shoot 20 times and get blown out.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=brownja02&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id2=tatumja01&p2yrfrom=2022

A lot of these numbers are identical.  Peep the per 100 ratings.  Defensive rating is better than I’d expect due to the teams’ slow pace and their great raw rebounding.  Offensive rating is where I’d expect because their shot selection and assist to turn is crap.  

High usage players who are even or below contribute more to losing than winning.  You want Jimmy Butler at 126 to 106.  He could care less about scoring he could cut and play middle linebacker all game and lead his team to a blowout.  These dudes shoot 20 times and get blown out.

I don't think the duplication the problem per se. Nothing wrong with having two big time scoring wings. The problem is they are both ISO players that don't pass and don't play defense. It's tough to win consistently when both players are black holes. If both of them are off like tonight, they got no chance.

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep. He really impacted the game when he wasnt scoring. Good defense, 9 rebounds, steals, deflections, drew fouls. He battled tonight.......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Gallo is playing out of his mind!

I have always been a big fan of Galinari. Everytime he hit free agency I was praying the Hawks would sign him. When we finally did I was pretty hyped despite his age. He's been up and down, clearly past his prime, but when he's got it going he's so fun to watch. Still wish we could have had prime Galo though. Dude was wasted in some pretty meh teams. Would be amazing if we could turn back the clock and have prime Gallo out there it would be something else lol:

• Like 4