• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Technically he was even more disruptive than that but that's the official credit.  K'von had a very good all around game.  There was one play where he boxed out Horford for a teammate to get a board and I wept a smidge.

Huerter was Alex Caruso and Trae was Avery Bradley on defense last night.

• Like 1

Did they ever say why Al didn't return to the game?  Was it actually diarrhea, as Hal theorized?

Also, am I allowed to ask or do I need to make a special thread about it so somebody doesn't get all mad about me scapegoating his favorite player?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e479522c9sr485hg4vvk

I'm just kidding, supes ... kinda.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Here's my question about last night's game.

It was obvious (especially in the 3rd) that there was no way that Boston could stop JC in the post. 

Why didn't we keep feeding JC?

I'm old school so maybe this is different now... but it used to be that you ran a play until the other team stopped it and then you did something else.   Well, JC could post up Back to the Basket.. JC could face up... and Boston was taking it all. 

Take That GIFs | Tenor

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's my question about last night's game.

It was obvious (especially in the 3rd) that there was no way that Boston could stop JC in the post. 

Why didn't we keep feeding JC?

I'm old school so maybe this is different now... but it used to be that you ran a play until the other team stopped it and then you did something else.   Well, JC could post up Back to the Basket.. JC could face up... and Boston was taking it all. 

Take That GIFs | Tenor

JC had himself a 3rd quarter.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FGM&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100737&PlayerID=1628381&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That Lob from Trae was a thing of Beauty!!!

I was happy to see JC getting off but I was mad at the fact that Boston came back.  Hell, it's almost like JC scored all of our points that qtr. (Close to it). 

I just want to see us develop that killer instinct that when we have a team down and we've found their weakness, we keep hitting them until the game is out of reach for them.   I want to see a team like Boston just give up in the 3rd. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That Lob from Trae was a thing of Beauty!!!

I was happy to see JC getting off but I was mad at the fact that Boston came back.  Hell, it's almost like JC scored all of our points that qtr. (Close to it). 

I just want to see us develop that killer instinct that when we have a team down and we've found their weakness, we keep hitting them until the game is out of reach for them.   I want to see a team like Boston just give up in the 3rd. 

Our defense in that 3rd was putrid plus everything was a foul for Boston, they about 8 freethrows.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not long ago we ALL railed against the 'ALL BENCH LINEUP'...... Now, I can't get enough of it. :spiteful:

Yeah because we have Bogi instead of TLC, and Okongwu instead of Dieng....................... lol

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our defense in that 3rd was putrid plus everything was a foul for Boston, they about 8 freethrows.

I definitely agree.   The refs helped Boston get back in the game like Tim Donaghy was back. 

• Like 1