• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I agree with you 99%, my only caveat is that there were times this game and several other games this year where he clearly lets the emotions get the better of him. It happened against Sacramento when he got into a verbal match with Hield and today with Tony Brothers. As the leader and PG you gotta keep your cool in those situations. Other than that I don't have an issue with the way Trae is playing. He hasn't been at his absolute best lately, but he took over the game late today and his presence alone even when he struggls pretty much makes our elite offense every single night.

Honestly it sucks how Trae is criticized of the barking to the refs when lebron , melo, Chris Paul, Westbrook, draymond….and many others do the same thing.

some refs will just have a shorter temper with certain players but lebron does his “preach to the ref” every game he plays but the refs never tech him up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly it sucks how Trae is criticized of the barking to the refs when lebron , melo, Chris Paul, Westbrook, draymond….and many others do the same thing.

some refs will just have a shorter temper with certain players but lebron does his “preach to the ref” every game he plays but the refs never tech him up.

I don't give af about the barking. Forcing shots, not running the offense, playing out of control. 

• Like 2

Awesome win Hawks! Another great all around game, OO is an enforcer on D, Trae doing all star starter type stuff and JC double doubling. Players understand their roles. 

Thats 7!!!! 

TRAE 36 points in 36 min 👍 

OO +15 lead team yet again; intelligent and aware at all times.

Did y’all see Lauren Jbara’s face when OO slammed that off the Trae feed. She was like wow 😯 

Rest up for Raps tomorrow. 

Go Hawks! 

image.gif.d13912d8fa625340dda16baceeb95a9c.gif

63558C31-C10F-4985-B464-325CB2D68BE3.jpeg

C0FD6FA8-7E91-4265-A738-05399D00AAE7.jpeg

921E582D-6A0E-4FAB-A853-E901B4055751.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, JTB said:

I hate when they do it too. Does it make them get more favorable calls? The only one in that list it may help a little is LBJ. I'm not saying Trae shouldn't bark to the refs, but he can't allow that to get him out of his game like yesterday's first half. Once he stopped barking at the refs, he played excellently and the team dominated.

• Like 3

With LBJ it feels like he is instructing the refs on how they need to call the game and they obey, it's annoying.  Trae literally caused rule changes on what a foul should be.  

Trae doesn't fight the refs every game.  Yesterday he needed to stand up for himself.  I think at times he has to make a statement to his teammates, his opponents, and the officiating crew.  It's a fine line.  Sometimes he needs to just play, but other times he has to risk getting a T.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

With LBJ it feels like he is instructing the refs on how they need to call the game and they obey, it's annoying.  Trae literally caused rule changes on what a foul should be.  

Trae doesn't fight the refs every game.  Yesterday he needed to stand up for himself.  I think at times he has to make a statement to his teammates, his opponents, and the officiating crew.  It's a fine line.  Sometimes he needs to just play, but other times he has to risk getting a T.  

Yesterday, he pissed the refs off and they allowed him to get hammered. When he shut up, he started playing better. Nate needs to get the techs, because Trae is 6 techs away from getting suspended. If that happens during the playoffs, we all would have wished he shut up. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yesterday, he pissed the refs off and they allowed him to get hammered. When he shut up, he started playing better. Nate needs to get the techs, because Trae is 6 techs away from getting suspended. If that happens during the playoffs, we all would have wished he shut up. 

It all goes back to the rule changes targeting certain players at the beginning of the year.

I really, really hate that Trae is mouthing off on the court, but its a lot like what Deandre said to the official yesterday when Westbrook just barreled into him. "What am I supposed to do?"

This is on an assistant (IMHO) to say something and take a tech. An assistant needs to get hot, look into a mic and say "This BS has to stop". The assistant needs to take a tech for Nate (he's limited as well).  You could have easily fouled Avery Bradley out of that game in the first half. Westbrook could have had 4 in the 1st half easily.  

In the previous game, our announcing crew jokingly said, "I guess hand checking is back" and its true. Trae is getting bumped, checked, impeded by moving players at least 10 times per game. I'm more concerned with him getting hurt than suspended.  IMHO, a suspension would be little different than him getting a day off for rest.

The easiest way to get a Tech in the NBA is to use the term B$%@S%#$. BS.  Tell a ref who gives you a foul that's a BS call and you'll get your tech. Make sure its near the scorer's table and loud enough to get picked up on the mic. It'll make sports center and the BS will stop.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I know yesterday was bad, really bad. Tony Brothers is the Joe West of the NBA. But I do think in general the refs have been officiating better than the beginning of the season. Trae foul attempts have steadily risen. 

I will say they are doing better once they start giving him continuation like some other players.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

You mean... OkongWOW? 😉

:sarcastic:nice. On gametime, the host called him O2(oxy) and Smitty loved it.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I hate refs.

To me, refs are like announcers.  If you do your job, I shouldn't really even notice you're there.

Refs are human, which is the problem.  But when you take that job, you are no longer allowed to act based on emotion.  (not)Sorry, that's part of the job.

Yesterday that a-hole let his emotions get the best of him.  And, no, Trae isn't the a-hole I'm talking about.

Tony Brothers? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hate refs.

To me, refs are like announcers.  If you do your job, I shouldn't really even notice you're there.

Refs are human, which is the problem.  But when you take that job, you are no longer allowed to act based on emotion.  (not)Sorry, that's part of the job.

Yesterday that a-hole let his emotions get the best of him.  And, no, Trae isn't the a-hole I'm talking about.

slightly off topic, but no one hates refs more than Jay Bilas.    He's not even a homer, does only national games.  But, I guess he is a homer in the sense that he opposes the refs in every game he does.   He is constantly ripping the refs and very harshly, it's pretty funny.

• Haha 3

If I had a defense of the refs, I have no idea how they are supposed to referee an NBA game. It can be so fast, so furious and these jamokes are running up and down the court wheezing the whole time with 23 year old gazelles. Sometimes, I think they call fouls just so they can catch their breath. How do 3 people see what 10 people are doing when they're running around and all dodging and weaving traffic.  But on ball play, yah, they should be able to say that yes its a foul when Avery Bradley is checking someone's prostate out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tony Brothers: "Do you know how long I've been referrring son?"

Trae: "I don't give a damn, he told me to turn my head and cough!!!"

Reminds me of army recruiting day. Cough 😷 while an old dude held my balls 🏀 I digress… (you’re welcome..)

edit: *cupped my balls not held. :indifferent:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tony Brothers: "Do you know how long I've been referrring son?"

Trae: "IDGAF.  All that tells me is yo' a** need to retire.  You need a inhaler to get down the court 2 times."

Fixed?

Edited.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4