• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dnice said:

Atlanta is going to blow this. 

Losing isn't really a blown game lol Lakers are not where they want to be this year (one of the top seeds) but they're a good team and have a generational talent anchoring them in this game

• Premium Member

Changes for the 2nd half:

• Trae needs to pass the ball up court for early offense and ignore the refs
  • Hunter and Huerter need to contribute - they need to be bringing the ball up court and have Trae off the ball to eliminate the LAL trap
  • More OO, less Clint - he's dragging today
  • Play some defense
  • Need Bogi and Gallo to take over the bench scoring

• Like 3

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I don't give a f right now about the terrible refs. We are playing into their hands. Run the offense, stop this hero ball pressing, play defense. 

You have to give a f about the refs, if they miss 3 obvious calls that they should make on anyone else. 

As was said earlier, Nate needs to start taking the hit for his players, in regards to complaining to the refs about the no calls.

Hawks might have to outshoot the Lakers today in order to pull this game out.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I love how for as long as the NBA has  been in existence if you get a defender in the air and jump up for a shot and connect with the defender that is a foul. It is always a foul. And yet twice there Trae got AD up in the air and jumped into him and no foul. Just a turnover on Trae. Complete bullshit. That is NOT the rules.

Trae needs to move the ball period instead of this hero ball mode he loves to go into.  They are not calling that foul so do try to get that call.  Its just that D-mn simple

Just now, Sothron said:

So how much did the Lakers pay these refs? I swear when Tony Brothers does our games he always screws us over.

Hawks knocked out the Sixers and the beloved Knicks last season.. NBA didnt like that shit at all... Gave us one of the toughest schedules to start the season,(Lakers Knicks had the easiest) then made us play games due to covid, that other teams wouldve gotten canceled....  Now it's the refs.. 

Hawks are just gonna have to fight through it.......... 

I guess that's the price you pay for embarrassing the Knicks in MSG ........ Smdh

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

What are we gonna do about the refs? can we make the calls they don't make for them?? no. Besides they aren't the reason Lakers shooting 80% from the field.

Exactly!  Play some D-mn defense and stop turning the fing ball over

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Young has 5 fing turnovers already!  What is up with this dude?????????

He's been bad on offense since he picked up his defense..

I guess everybody isnt meant to be 2- way players..

If we lose today, the Toronto game is MUCH MORE important to win.

I don't think the Lakers can stay this efficient on offense, but they did the last time they played us.

Starters will have to play much better in order to pull this one out.  And Nate might need to extend the minutes of Okongwu and Wright, in order to keep more defense on the floor.  Both are +2 for the game ( team highs ), but both are on track for playing just 14 - 16 minutes tonight.

Capela is ( -15 ).  But Nate will probably give him another 16 - 18 minutes in this game.  And if the Hawks are down in the 4th, Nate will opt to go with the Collins - Gallo frontline, which is a recipe for disaster defensively.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Young has 5 fing turnovers already!  What is up with this dude?????????

Northcyde

download.jpg.4f5e579160cc52b51e6d271d61b06638.jpg

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We are gonna smoke them in the second half.  No way this keeps up as is.  
BS calls going down.  

I hope youre right...

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I love how for as long as the NBA has  been in existence if you get a defender in the air and jump up for a shot and connect with the defender that is a foul. It is always a foul. And yet twice there Trae got AD up in the air and jumped into him and no foul. Just a turnover on Trae. Complete bullshit. That is NOT the rules.

They are emphasizing having that rule be a "no call".  The problem is that they'll give certain guys that call at certain points of the game.

Players continue to try to play bully ball on Trae, because the refs think that Trae is initiating ALL contact, which is not the case. 

If Trae goes straight up in that situation, and gets hit in the lower body by Davis, but Davis gets all ball on the block, that's still going to be a no-call.

This is why Trae sometimes goes into Bomber 3 mode.  If he's not getting calls, he's going to start bombing away.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae needs to move the ball period instead of this hero ball mode he loves to go into.  They are not calling that foul so do try to get that call.  Its just that D-mn simple

When you get the defender to jump in the air, you've done your job. Jumping into him while shooting is a foul. It isn't Trae's fault the refs are deliberately not calling the rules by the rule book.

I do agree he needs to move the ball more. We desperately need another ball handler to play with Trae.

• Like 1