• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I think we all support this, but we still need Trae for what he does late in games.

His halfcourt-game is a +++ in the post-season when the offense stalls. In the reg season he really does too much when making the simple play is all that's required.

• Premium Member
Just now, Carmine said:

His halfcourt-game is a +++ in the post-season when the offense stalls. In the reg season he really does too much when making the simple play is all that's required.

I’m not going to say you are wrong, but you also don’t want to take his game away from him. It’s a thing you hope he learns as he deals with success.

• Premium Member
Just now, Carmine said:

We are second in the NBA in offensive rating. Trae is second in the NBA behind Jokic for offensive RAPTOR (isolated +- aka discounting impact of other players in the lineups). We are on pace for 14 turnovers tonight which is above our average with Trae Young. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks closed out that half well, after almost letting them take the lead.

Right now, Kevin is the x-factor on both units and is +10 for the game.

Kevin and this defense. One thing we should improve in theory with Young out of the game is the defense and so far it's been great. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

We are second in the NBA in offensive rating. Trae is second in the NBA behind Jokic for offensive RAPTOR (isolated +- aka discounting impact of other players in the lineups). We are on pace for 14 turnovers tonight which is above our average with Trae Young. 

& we was tankathon status until we started playing defense and converting our defensive stops into offense. Making the simple play & moving the ball is a tried & true formula. ORTG isn't gonna win games without team balance.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm not seeing the usual complaints about turnovers tonight despite how many the Hawks have so far. Strange.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

SILENCE!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Me waiting on Peo's response..

stephen-colbert-popcorn.gif.99a57e4e83f815ba2a13a2f3aa364881.gif

Just now, hawkman said:

I'm not seeing the usual complaints about turnovers tonight despite how many the Hawks have so far. Strange.

Because the turnovers are spread out among the team.  

When it comes from just one guy, he's a visible target.  

But what that guy is really doing, is keeping them from making ball handling mistakes.

All they have to do is catch and shoot . . or catch a lob.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Delon has 1 turnover in the box score but they are actually crediting one of his other first quarter turnovers on another player, I think Hunter. He really should have 2. Regardless Hawks are playing great and taking pretty good care of the ball... as per usual even when Trae plays, best team in the NBA at not turning the ball over. 

• Like 2