• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

@Peoriabird - We need your analysis on the game.   

• What did we do well? 
  • What did we do wrong? 
  • What could we have done better?
  • Who helped us?
  • Who hurt us?

Up is down

Left is right

Literally everything peo harps on was wrong this game

No Trae - fewer TOs (WRONG)

No Trae - better defense (WRONG)

No Trae - better offense (WRONG)

• Haha 3

I blame Nate based off the following:

1. Not challenging that awful foul call against Bogi. You see how quickly the Raptors coach challenged the foul against Siakim?

2. Calling a timeout after the defense made a key stop late in the 4th when we had momentum.

3. Collins went 0-12 because not refused to get him involved in the offense to develop a rhythm. With Trae out, we needed Collins to get it going. 

4. Why isn't Gary Trent Jr being the defensive focus during the second half. We let a bum go 9-15 from 3 point! Inexcusable! Didn't he let Mike Scott go full flame in the playoffs years back when the Hawks played Indiana? 

5. Sharif Cooper may not be ready but we need him atleast 15 minutes so we can get a consistent pick and roll attack. Delon Wright doesn't have the aggression to lead the first team. I'll live with a Sharif turnover.

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ben Simmons had five points in 35 minutes the last game he played. Game 7 at home as his number 1 seeded team was elminated from the playoffs. 

But he brings playmaking to this team.  So who else can do the playmaking besides Trae, please tell me.

• Like 1

When we lose close games on a typical night the blame always goes to Trae…which is fair no matter if it’s truly his fault or not since he is the franchise cornerstone. 

With Collins as our supposedly second best player and second highest paid on the team and Trae being out Im going to put the blame on collins for again NOT stepping up when he’s supposed to be our best player on the floor. Collins had some pretty good defensive plays tonight but he was terrible offensively even when he received the ball cleanly he rushed his move or his shot, left shots short, air balled a few times ….tonight was the Collins that I believe he’d be constantly if Trae was not on this team.

that’s no disrespect to JC but he’s like David West to me in terms of what makes him succeed on a normal basis and JC succeeds consistently with a good playmaker because he’s an excellent finisher at the rim or shooting on most nights…David west was his best offensively when he had CP3 in New Orleans. We can keep going around it but this Collins biggest flaw as a supposedly Robin for the team. Without Trae or another elite playmaker JC isn’t probably a borderline all star.

oh and the passes tonight were awful. Balls way overthrown, passes hanging in the air to get intercepted…I think this what the norm would be IF Trae didn’t have the ball in his hands often. Like it or not ….that’s just the truth.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Up is down

Left is right

JC is an All-Star PF(WRONG)

JC wouldn't be shit without Trae (Correct)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

1. Not challenging that awful foul call against Bogi. You see how quickly the Raptors coach challenged the foul against Siakim?

2. Calling a timeout after the defense made a key stop late in the 4th when we had momentum.

3. Collins went 0-12 because not refused to get him involved in the offense to develop a rhythm. With Trae out, we needed Collins to get it going. 

4. Why isn't Gary Trent Jr being the defensive focus during the second half. We let a bum go 9-15 from 3 point! Inexcusable! Didn't he let Mike Scott go full flame in the playoffs years back when the Hawks played Indiana? 

5. Sharif Cooper may not be ready but we need him atleast 15 minutes so we can get a consistent pick and roll attack. Delon Wright doesn't have the aggression to lead the first team. I'll live with a Sharif turnover.

I only disagree with #3….collins sucked on his own. Ain’t got nothing to do with Nate tonight . Even when JC posted up and received a clean pass he was booty cheeks bad! 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

We got the ball right back 2 seconds later on a bad shot by Van Fleet. 

I agree. 

Disagree. 

I don't know if Let him is acceptable here.   What do you do?  Double him?  

Is Shareef even on the roster?  Delon has done well with the 2nd Unit.   So No.

Nate may take a little blame, but the real blame is on our players.  First defensive lapses that allowed Trent to get some good looks.   Bogi finally played him right in the end. 

2.  Offensive recognition.  If Bogi is flaming hot... get him the ball.   This is something I've noticed about when JC is hot too.  We have to work on purposely getting the ball to the Hot hand. 

I don't have much after that.  I mean, Toronto did play a good game... Unfortunately, we should have won this one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Up is down

Left is right

He says that he analyzes games, and isn't a fanboy . . . like myself.   

So I just want to see his unbiased opinion on what happened tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC is an All-Star PF(WRONG)

JC wouldn't be shit without Trae (Correct)

It feels bad to say this so I’m not.

im just going to say to get a borderline all star JC he need to play with a good playmaker. If he always has that then he’ll have very few nights like this.

The bigger issue is that as the second best player he has not shown he can be impactful offensively alone when it really matters.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But he brings playmaking to this team.  So who else can do the playmaking besides Trae, please tell me.

Look if we are gonna be playing without Trae Young we aren't winning a championship, or even a playoff series with Ben or no Ben Simmons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Nate may take a little blame, but the real blame is on our players.  First defensive lapses that allowed Trent to get some good looks.   Bogi finally played him right in the end. 

2.  Offensive recognition.  If Bogi is flaming hot... get him the ball.   This is something I've noticed about when JC is hot too.  We have to work on purposely getting the ball to the Hot hand. 

I don't have much after that.  I mean, Toronto did play a good game... Unfortunately, we should have won this one. 

I don't like the timeout that Nate called, when we got the stop and were only down by 2.  He didn't have to call that timeout at the 3 minute mark.  He could've let it ride until the next dead ball.

Other than that, no real problem with Nate tonight.

Huerter and Okongwu gets the game balls.

Collins gets a box of rocks.

On to the next game.  3 straight national TV games on TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN.  Need at least 2 out of 3 to keep the momentum going.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

It feels bad to say this so I’m not.

im just going to say to get a borderline all star JC he need to play with a good playmaker. If he always has that then he’ll have very few nights like this.

The bigger issue is that as the second best player he has not shown he can be impactful offensively alone when it really matters.

I think there's a bit of truth on both ends of this thing and lots of things ignored. 

1.   Toronto is a good defensive team. 

2.  JC does need somebody who can get him the ball in his spots... (This is true of most players). 

3.   2nd night of a back to back. 

Bottom line, JC just had a bad night.   His shots were off.  Does that mean he sucks... No.  When we got him out of WFU, he was a helluva offensive player.  I still consider him to be.   I just think that he had an off shooting night against a good defensive team on the tail end of a back to back and didn't have a PG who could get him the ball in his spots. 

When I saw him badly miss the corner three, I knew he was headed to an off shooting night.   Those missed shots had nothing to do with Trae not playing.  It happens to every player.  Hell Trae had one the other night. 

I haven't loss faith in JC.  I was glad to see him not try to force his offense when he saw that it wasn't going.  because the game was too tight for that. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

15 point 3rd quarter, TOs, defensive lapses at the 3 point line, rebounding, Clint, JC and Gallo were no shows.

We haven't has a game in awhile like that 3rd quarter where we couldn't score and couldn't defend.

We fought back in the 4th but coming down the stretch we needed our 'Supasta' to organize the offense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Look if we are gonna be playing without Trae Young we aren't winning a championship, or even a playoff series with Ben or no Ben Simmons.

Well now this is false.

we can rag on Ben Simmons all day about the series vs the hawks that’s cool no problem but REGULAR season Ben Simmons has no issues winning games. 

Trae and Ben would guarantee playoffs every year …..we are still trying to figure out if Trae and Collins guarantees that however!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't like the timeout that Nate called, when we got the stop and were only down by 2.  He didn't have to call that timeout at the 3 minute mark.  He could've let it ride until the next dead ball.

Other than that, no real problem with Nate tonight.

Huerter and Okongwu gets the game balls.

Collins gets a box of rocks.

On to the next game.  3 straight national TV games on TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN.  Need at least 2 out of 3 to keep the momentum going.

Yeah, I agreed with that.. that timeout was bad because we were headed up the court with momentum.  We didn't have numbers but we had momentum.   We let Toronto get back, set their defense and calm themselves. 

Time to start a new streak...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JTB said:

When we lose close games on a typical night the blame always goes to Trae…which is fair no matter if it’s truly his fault or not since he is the franchise cornerstone. 

With Collins as our supposedly second best player and second highest paid on the team and Trae being out Im going to put the blame on collins for again NOT stepping up when he’s supposed to be our best player on the floor. Collins had some pretty good defensive plays tonight but he was terrible offensively even when he received the ball cleanly he rushed his move or his shot, left shots short, air balled a few times ….tonight was the Collins that I believe he’d be constantly if Trae was not on this team.

that’s no disrespect to JC but he’s like David West to me in terms of what makes him succeed on a normal basis and JC succeeds consistently with a good playmaker because he’s an excellent finisher at the rim or shooting on most nights…David west was his best offensively when he had CP3 in New Orleans. We can keep going around it but this Collins biggest flaw as a supposedly Robin for the team. Without Trae or another elite playmaker JC isn’t probably a borderline all star.

oh and the passes tonight were awful. Balls way overthrown, passes hanging in the air to get intercepted…I think this what the norm would be IF Trae didn’t have the ball in his hands often. Like it or not ….that’s just the truth.

Not excusing Collins, but we already know what he is and what he isn't. Toronto frontcourt is a tough matchup for him. They are strong and long and not easy to shoot over. He's not a 1 on 1 player, he has improved this year at taking smaller player in the block but he still can't score on bigger players down low. This is the type of game where Collins needed to hit the glass and get his points from pick and rolls, but with no Trae both of those options are more limited. 

• Like 4