• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

Standing don’t mean squat this coming playoffs. I mean, I’d rather face a #1 Bulls team in a playoff series than a current #7 Raps. I do realize the playin to get to the Bulls could be a coinciding event but nevertheless,

Is there anyone here that would rather face the Raptors than the Bulls in the playoffs? Not me.

Seeds don’t matter it’s all about matchups. Having homecourt would have been nice, even a top 6, but we go game to game, we are gonna be fine. When you have a Trae, you always have a chance.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Interesting, huh?

You and I both know that the team as a whole is more successful when Trae scores the ball more, than when he passes a lot and we have a lot of balance scoring.

While the narrative isn't as strong this season as it was last season, the Hawks are 13 - 7 when Trae scores 30 points or more.  When he scores 22 points or less, we're 5 - 7.

And unfortunately for the people who want a balanced, less ball dominant version of Trae, we're only 2 - 6 when he has 13 assists or more in a game.  Surprisingly, we're also 4 - 2 when he has 5 or less assists.

You are what your numbers say you are.

The team is 7-9 when he has 3 turnovers or fewer and 12-16 when he has 4 turnovers or fewer.  

Sweet spot this season has been when he has 5 or 6 turnovers as the team is 9-4 in those games.  

Small sample size applies.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AHF said:

The team is 7-9 when he has 3 turnovers or fewer and 12-16 when he has 4 turnovers or fewer.  

Sweet spot this season has been when he has 5 or 6 turnovers as the team is 9-4 in those games.  

Small sample size applies.

As I've said before about Trae's turnovers, a higher amount isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Hawks.  But it is an indication that he's playing aggressively, from a scoring or passing standpoint.  If he has a lot of 1st half turnovers, that definitely doesn't bother me, because he's feeling the game out, or just forcing the issue too much.