• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Their D beat us.   After Luka's 5th (which was pretty bogus) refs started blowing the whistle on everything too.  

Our D really wasn't bad but man our offense stunk up the place.   Trae played terrible but he can't bring it every night.  Sad no one else could step up.   Would  have been a good game for Lou or even try Skyler in this one.  Put someone in they aren't familiar with. 

I hope Cuban's fine is large too.    What a friggin embarrassment that guy can be. 

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you want to make an avatar bet about whether we get to 6? I'm all for it. 

I'm  just hoping we can stay in the play-in............................................But who knows with this team.. They're so up and down... It's really frustrating.....

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

I'm  just hoping we can stay in the play-in............................................But who knows with this team.. They're so up and down... It's really frustrating.....

Yes.  You know it'll be interesting because it feels a lot like last year although we were cooking a little better then but I certainly wasn't sitting here last year at this time thinking about the ECF.    At this point last year we were 28-25 instead of 25-28.    

So I hope this is the team putting it together to be dangerous in the playoffs again but there are a lot tougher teams in the east to get through this year.  The Bucks are sitting in the spot the Knicks finished in last year. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Their D beat us.   After Luka's 5th (which was pretty bogus) refs started blowing the whistle on everything too.  

Our D really wasn't bad but man our offense stunk up the place.   Trae played terrible but he can't bring it every night.  Sad no one else could step up.   Would  have been a good game for Lou or even try Skyler in this one.  Put someone in they aren't familiar with. 

I hope Cuban's fine is large too.    What a friggin embarrassment that guy can be. 

Agreed.  And agree Cuban's an embarrassment.  It's been over 20 years at this point.  Is he ever gonna grow TF up w.r.t. officiating?  You own a team for goodness sake.  If the 'fix' was in you'd be in on it, stupid.  It's an inexact and imperfect task performed by humans.  IIWII

• Like 2

14 hours ago, terrell said:

Not to mention Nate's default setting any time the Hawks have trouble scoring is to go to the JC-Gallo lineup. Never mind that that lineup doesn't even score better than lineups with Clint or OO, leave aside the defensive deficiencies..smh

I kinda want Gallo moved just so Nate wont play him and JC together anymore...

If Gallo gets moved, and we don't get a somewhat equal 3 level scorer in return,, we're dead in the water.

Nate can solve some of his offensive and defensive issues at the end of games, if he plays Gallo at the 3.

Gallo is a better perimeter and team defender than both Bogi and Huerter.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Gallo gets moved, and we don't get a somewhat equal 3 level scorer in return,, we're dead in the water.

Nate can solve some of his offensive and defensive issues at the end of games, if he plays Gallo at the 3.

You've been saying this since last season. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.  And agree Cuban's an embarrassment.  It's been over 20 years at this point.  Is he ever gonna grow TF up w.r.t. officiating?  You own a team for goodness sake.  If the 'fix' was in you'd be in on it, stupid.  It's an inexact and imperfect task performed by humans.  IIWII

the league can do anything.   Why not say, the next time you come on the court it's a forfeit.   

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

the league can do anything.   Why not say, the next time you come on the court it's a forfeit.   

It's hard to restrict an owner from his own business.  But I do think they should've already come down with 'appropriate owner conduct' guidelines.

You "own" the court so you can come onto it but, the second you berate or confront an official, your HC is assessed a T and you're fined.  Elevate from there.

Just as it's a bad look for players to go into the stands to confront fans, nobody needs to see an owner jawing with officials.  It's conduct unbecoming.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's hard to restrict an owner from his own business.  But I do think they should've already come down with 'appropriate owner conduct' guidelines.

You "own" the court so you can come onto it but, the second you berate or confront an official, your HC is assessed a T and you're fined.  Elevate from there.

Just as it's a bad look for players to go into the stands to confront fans, nobody needs to see an owner jawing with officials.  It's conduct unbecoming.

To me it's not about him being on the court it's about him engaging the officials as you said.  If he wants to be in the huddles i say go for it.   But as soon as he interferes with the game, which is absolutely what he is doing there, then the hammer needs to come down big time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah it's Gallo at the 4 and JC at the 5 for Nate which is laughable defensively, and not even that good offensively.... 

And yes, A STOP sign is a better perimeter defender than Bogi and Kev.. smh

Edited by terrell

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Huh? 4 games out with 29 left? I thought you were supposed to be good at math 🧮? Don’t make me alter your avatar again.

This is the same team at 17-25 or 24-25, or 25-28.

If the consensus is to win with Trae, his shortcomings and all, then everything Hawks do from here on out is to figure out how to build a team around him... Nothing else matters, as making the playoffs or play in isn’t an accomplishment anymore. If they need to miss out entirely this year to get this question right, so be it................ Just my 2 cents...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Mark Cuban is insufferable. 

• Like 1

The team is sometimes but sometimes not playing connected defensivly, we didnt play team def during this game really, but we have seem them play together as a team well before.  Some of this is the team forcing us apart and leaving this openenings for threes but there is still a lot of miscommunication and confusion on our part for Defense.  We should see the best def they can play coming up here shortly or they just wont be in the post season so at the least, we will have 2 years of this group together to see exactly where we need to make the best improvements going forward.  CLint has something going on as well, and we cant afford 5050 years with him at center so this team may end up looking a lot differently this offseason, unless they seriously turn it around.

20 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is at least a more accurate assessment.

This is also the reason why Trae relies on the long 3 to impact a game.  That's why it doesn't bother me when he shoots it.

Yeah, it's not be saying that it's all Tree's fault. He is a better shooter than Luka is... But the passing ability that Lula has at that size and the ability to play multiple positions is a big deal.

Edited by Plainview1981