• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hunter is becoming Marv

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, AHF said:

Love these articles that have no mention of why Atlanta might want to trade with these teams.  Just a complete afterthought if that.

Unfortunately, and I'm supposing they are writing these articles as Atlanta 'dumping salary'. All about perception.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Dre hate is top tier annoying. Being mad at his salary is one thing but he adds a lot of value and we all saw what our perimeter defense was last year without him.  

The dropoff won't be as bad this year since we would be going from Hunter to Daniels instead of Hunter to Mat(t)hews but we definitely need Hunter or a replacement for him if he is traded.  He has a valuable and necessary role to fill in this rotation regardless of whether he is starting or not and finding those 2-way wings is not an easy task.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hunter is a strange player.  Everything about him points to him being a solid starter.  D, Size, shooting but something just has never really jelled consistently for him at least on the dysfunctional Hawks.    Supposedly he and Quin butted heads and i'm guessing because Quin wanted more effort from him.   This will be an interesting year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter is a strange player. 

Is strange like a new adjective meaning “not very good”..? I mean, it’s like the word “cute” or “beast”, those words lost meaning to me when I found out that my nephew’s friend was a beast, then I met the 2nd grader.

Oh I’ll throw goat 🐐 in there too. 

Add strange now.

To me, Hunter didn’t live up to his draft position and SHOULD NOT be a starter on the Hawks. The only reason he might start is because his backup is worse or less experienced. His defense is overrated, if it was that good we would win some games because of it.

That 2019 draft was horrible for us. Damn.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

To me, Hunter didn’t live up to his draft position and SHOULD NOT be a starter on the Hawks. The only reason he might start is because his backup is worse or less experienced.

This is almost always a good reason to start someone in fairness!  

• Haha 2