• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Capela spitting facts

NBASupes

That comment by Trae made me furious and I could tell the by the complete lack of effort in some games that the players thought they were just gonna waltz back into the playoffs. Success at an early stage in your career can be just as dangerous as failure. 

8 hours ago, terrell said:

I bet Old school Nate cringed when he heard those "boring" comments.....

Been telling everybody, everything starts and ends with your best player..

If Trae gives max effort on D, the other players will follow..

That's just how it is....

Same as in management..If you see your supervisor putting in work EVERY day, you will too.. If hes bored(being lazy) during the week(reg season), but busts his ass on Fridays(playoffs), expect the rest of the crew to do the same.. Ive witnessed it...

Look at it this way.  If Trae gives max effort on D, it takes away from his offense because he's more likely to get tired.  With Trae being the primary ball handler, scorer, and playmaker, he's always alternating between going slow and full speed in the offense.  He doesn't get a chance to rest on offense, like our wings in the corners, or our bigs who set picks and roll to the basket.

So our other guys want Trae to give max effort on defense, when our bigs and wings won't even put a body on somebody to secure a rebound? And here's a newsflash about Capela . . you're not the best defender on the team any more.  That title goes to Okongwu, with Delon being a close 2nd. 

Trae needs to give MORE effort, but asking him to give max effort on that end, while also giving max effort on the offensive end, is unrealistic.  The problem with Trae ( and our wings ), is their defensive awareness, and not necessarily their effort.   The all "try", but they also ball watch and lose sight of the man that they're supposed to be guarding.

I and a few other people have said this about Trae.  If you REALLY want him to guard the ball, make him guard the opposing PG, no matter how bad of a matchup it is.  That would force him to be engaged on defense, because he's going to get roasted if he isn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Look at it this way.  If Trae gives max effort on D, it takes away from his offense because he's more likely to get tired.  With Trae being the primary ball handler, scorer, and playmaker, he's always alternating between going slow and full speed in the offense.  He doesn't get a chance to rest on offense, like our wings in the corners, or our bigs who set picks and roll to the basket.

So our other guys want Trae to give max effort on defense, when our bigs and wings won't even put a body on somebody to secure a rebound? And here's a newsflash about Capela . . you're not the best defender on the team any more.  That title goes to Okongwu, with Delon being a close 2nd. 

Trae needs to give MORE effort, but asking him to give max effort on that end, while also giving max effort on the offensive end, is unrealistic.  The problem with Trae ( and our wings ), is their defensive awareness, and not necessarily their effort.   The all "try", but they also ball watch and lose sight of the man that they're supposed to be guarding.

I and a few other people have said this about Trae.  If you REALLY want him to guard the ball, make him guard the opposing PG, no matter how bad of a matchup it is.  That would force him to be engaged on defense, because he's going to get roasted if he isn't.

I would take it a step further and not only let him guard PG's, but have our guys aggressively trap/ice the pick and roll to take the burden off Trae to run around screens.

The best defense we have had in recent memory did this very well. Bud era

I think its the best way to hide Trae but also Kev who doesn't get stuck on screens but is slow moving around them. Start blitzing the ball handler and make him give up the rock. Practice it over and over so that our rotations are second nature. 

Clint and JC are great at playing centerfield, Dre is smart enough to cover ground. I think it would be a lot better than watching guards shred us every game still. Trae is scrappy and quick, let him get in to guys and keep him from having to rotate on help D which usually ends up in a bad mismatch where he cant guard, rebound, or box out against the cross match.

• Like 1

The defense conversation all begins with where you body someone up, the seal, establishing the area you're planning to defend. You're defending the floor space, not the basket. If you give up the floor space, its significantly harder to defend the basket. When you hear me saying "move your feet", this is what I'm talking about. Getting your feet to the spot regardless of your lean.