• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We don't have to care what the guy's feeling.

We do need to care if him, his agent, etc. run down the Hawks reputations because of what he got promised to sign here.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if he or Kevin starts.  If Kevin starting leads to us having (more) trouble signing free agents, Kevin needs to sit.

It's chess, not checkers guys.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47lg3eaenqcvdenuhmx

To my knowledge he wasn't promised that. He came here and said he wanted to be here because he thought we could win. I do not remember him saying I came here to win and be a starter. He just wanted to get out of Sacramento.  Lloyd wasn't starting him and I know he wasn't happy because we weren't winning.  He's coming off the bench and we seem to be better.  Also, if he and his agent want to ruin the Hawks rep, they just simple need to turn on the tape to see his terrible ass defense as a starter injury or no injury.  

You don't think Travis has built up enough good will by sending most players to good situations when they wanted to be traded from the Hawks? Acknowledging Cam's trade request in the off season.  One player isn't going to ruin our rep as long as we are winning.  If we start making consistent deep runs in the playoffs, it won't matter. 

Again, I'm sick of hearing about how entitled everyone on this team is and their asses are sitting below five hundred.  

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank you. Glad to see someone get the long term problems with lying to Bogi and screwing him over. This whole "we don't care how he feels" is just...wow. No, you DO care how he feels or you should. 

I also point out that this is another example of how Kevin is getting a free pass. Well, Kevin sucks donkey balls as a bench player so its ok to screw another player over to appease Kevin by making him a starter. What? Why shouldn't KEVIN be the one stuck to the bench and being criticized for playing so badly as a bench player?

Because we want to win.  Bogi was the main one sitting there talking about sacrifice and how he was willing to do it.  Now you come on here saying behind the scenes he's mad about not starting.  Okay, then Bogi should say that shit to the media so we fans know how he truely feels, but he doesn't want to take that heat. 

I don't know the behinds the scenes stuff. I'm just mad about the public comments not matching what's really going. If you don't want to come off the bench, say that shit when you are asked publicly about it. 

I'm starting to hate everything about this team. I'm going to be skipping these insider threads because it's just ruining my perception of so many of these selfish ass players we have on this team.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Did he get minutes over Jalen or did he get minutes over who was playing the three? 

They see Jalen as a power forward.

Wth do they see Knox as? lol. 3/4 is interchangeable in todays NBA..Depending on matchup. Plus is was garbage time.. smh

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Because we want to win.  Bogi was the main one sitting there talking about sacrifice and how he was willing to do it.  Now you come on here saying behind the scenes he's mad about not starting.  Okay, then Bogi should say that shit to the media so we fans know how he truely feels, but he doesn't want to take that heat. 

I don't know the behinds the scenes stuff. I'm just mad about the public comments not matching what's really going. If you don't want to come off the bench, say that shit when you are asked publicly about it. 

I'm starting to hate everything about this team. I'm going to be skipping these insider threads because it's just ruining my perception of so many of these selfish ass players we have on this team.

I am sorry if this kind of information is hurting your perception of the team. These guys are good people. You should like them both as players and as people. 

In Bogi's case he did say he wasn't happy with being benched. He just put it in a way that wasn't going to cause drama with the media/fans. When he added that he was willing to come off the bench for THIS season and that it would have to be talked about in the summer that's him saying I'll put up with it for now but not past this season. That's reasonable and frankly commendable of him. Most players would not do that. That's reality. That doesn't make Bogi a bad person or a selfish player.

If I sign a contract to be a starter and I'm playing well and you don't start me...that's wrong. That is the kind of shady things a franchise can do and get blackballed by players and agents for years afterwards. It makes other teams think "we can get Bogi for peanuts in the summer because he's pissed and wants a trade" and we don't even get fair value back for him.

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Yeah, I think Bogi is a better player than Kevin, so he should be starting.

Bogi can hold his end of the bargain producing as a starter or off the bench. Kevin's play off the bench is the real problem here, and it seems Bogi is getting punished because of it. 

Maybe Huerter sucks off the bench on purpose......

download.jpg.27f2ec8eac0c84f2b26500fc2c7711c9.jpg

lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Wth do they see Knox as? lol. 3/4 is interchangeable in todays NBA..Depending on matchup. Plus is was garbage time.. smh

I guess the same thing. Just saying it's odd to be upset over 2 minutes of game action.  Kevin Knox is a veteran compared to JJ.  

JJ showed some much needed improvement on the defensive end.  Coaches need to see that before trusting a player.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I don't understand the obsession with starting. Minutes should be what matters, especially end of game minutes.

That's like saying you wouldn't care if one of your co-workers got a Senior position over you, as long as y'all are still paid the same, and the company you work for is still making $....... It might not matter financially, but youre still gonna wonder why, since youre obviously more qualified, and better at your job.. Shit like that matters.. lol.. Especially if you were told when you started the job, you were the next in line(the starter)...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

That's like saying you wouldn't care if one of your co-workers got a Senior position over you, as long as y'all are still paid the same, and the company you work for is still making $....... It might not matter financially, but youre still gonna wonder why, since youre obviously more qualified, and better at your job.. Shit like that matters.. lol.. Especially if you were told when you started the job, you were the next in line(the starter)...

I literally wouldn't care if we were paid the same...lmao.  Money talks around these parts. 

Edited by marco102

43 minutes ago, marco102 said:

To my knowledge he wasn't promised that. He came here and said he wanted to be here because he thought we could win. I do not remember him saying I came here to win and be a starter. He just wanted to get out of Sacramento.  Lloyd wasn't starting him and I know he wasn't happy because we weren't winning.  He's coming off the bench and we seem to be better.  Also, if he and his agent want to ruin the Hawks rep, they just simple need to turn on the tape to see his terrible ass defense as a starter injury or no injury.  

You don't think Travis has built up enough good will by sending most players to good situations when they wanted to be traded from the Hawks? Acknowledging Cam's trade request in the off season.  One player isn't going to ruin our rep as long as we are winning.  If we start making consistent deep runs in the playoffs, it won't matter. 

Again, I'm sick of hearing about how entitled everyone on this team is and their asses are sitting below five hundred.  

Agree with that last sentence for real.. Everyone seems so entitled for a team with a losing record.......smh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I literally wouldn't care if we were paid the same...lmao.  Money talks around these parts. 

You might be paid the same right now...But that wont be the case in the future...I guess thats why Bogi said he doesnt mind coming off the bench RIGHT NOW..

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I guess the same thing. Just saying it's odd to be upset over 2 minutes of game action.  Kevin Knox is a veteran compared to JJ.  

JJ showed some much needed improvement on the defensive end.  Coaches need to see that before trusting a player.

Whos upset? Just sayin..  Shit like this matters to players.. Jalen watching all of these rookies making an impact, and he cant get off the bench in garbage time before a guy we just got as a throw-in? 

Having a nephew in the NFL, has helped me realize that these players are human.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You might be paid the same right now...But that wont be the case in the future...I guess thats why Bogi said he doesnt mind coming off the bench RIGHT NOW..

That's a valid point regarding your analogy.  

Bogi is playing better than Kevin right now.  However, most of us were complaining about how terrible he was playing and wanted him to either come off the bench or sit out until he was healthy. Kevin was playing better than Bogi at that time.  Now, Bogi's rounding into form and seems to make the second unit better. 

I honestly don't care who starts. I understand why Nate would keep him on the bench if we are winning.  Nate's trying to save his job.  I just want this team to win.  Bogi coming off the bench seems to work best right now.  When it's not throw Kevin back on the bench. I'd love for both Kevin and Bogi to be hot at the same time.  Kevin too easily takes a back seat when he's hot and that's not the case with Bogi. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Whos upset? Just sayin..  Shit like this matters to players.. Jalen watching all of these rookies making an impact, and he cant get off the bench in garbage time before a guy we just got as a throw-in? lol

But he got in and played well all things considered.  That SHOULD get him more playing time.  I guess JJ will be the next guy demanding a trade to a worst situation. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

The answer is to trade Kev for someone of starter quality... Bring them in and Let Bogi start.  Maybe we should have gotten Hart.   He doesn't seem to have a problem coming off the bench.  Moreover, Bogi will understand once he switches places with somebody of starter quality that as the starter playing with Trae he's going to get less touches and his PPG will suffer.   So he will get to hear his named called but then he'll be that role player who starts that scores 13 ppg. 

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

This isn't hard.  Winning is isn't dependent on Kevin starting so just start Bogd.  He's better anyway.

And if you think each and every NBA player isn't entitled, majorly so, then I'm not sure what to tell you.   It's not just the Hawks, m'friend. 

Every organization.... I repeat... EVERY organization is dealing with this or similar issues right now.  We just know about the Hawks because we're paying attention. 

A sad reality of pro sports fanhood, that hovers just below the surface, is most of them cats are not in it for the reasons we fans would be.  And they have motivations that don't align with what we'd expect.  I say that all to say it's not a major offense that a guy wants to start, jmho. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This isn't hard.  Winning is isn't dependent on Kevin starting so just start Bogd.  He's better anyway.

And if you think each and every NBA player isn't entitled, majorly so, then I'm not sure what to tell you.   It's not just the Hawks, m'friend. 

Every organization.... I repeat... EVERY organization is dealing with this or similar issues right now.  We just know about the Hawks because we're paying attention. 

A sad reality of pro sports fanhood, that hovers just below the surface, is most of them cats are not in it for the reasons we fans would be.  And they have motivations that don't align with what we'd expect.  I say that all to say it's not a major offense that a guy wants to start, jmho. 

:applause: well said, honestly exactly how I feel.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Now I feel like I'm yellin at marco.

He’s a pasta 🍝 lover tho! Maaarccoooo polo Gallo!

:Bob:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh and you don't win goodwill points as a GM by trading guys to "favorable" situations.  You win it by keeping your word so you don't have to trade guys in the first place.

Now I feel like I'm yellin at marco.  This makes me sad.  It's been a long day.  I'll be better tomorrow.

Ayo @kg01 you watching this Bucks game? Sap swatted some kid badly 😂 Reminded me of what you’re doing to Marco right now. :spiteful:

EAE59E1C-BFAD-4E09-BD37-008554A6D03A.jpeg

• Haha 2