• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

Nice road win despite the competition.  Wagner and Anthony can cook if you let em.  Hawks didn’t let em.

Little by little I’m seeing Trae tighten up his floor game. A cut or two, a little more vocal/ hand gestures, more active hands on the ball.  I’m a happy boy.  Second unit carrying on their great play led by Bogdunkavic.

Lets Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jalen's defense looked pretty good tonight.....

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

He makes Solo look like Joe Johnson. He's not long for this league.

I see why they gave us Knox instead of Grimes.. lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member

A nice way to close out the first half of the season after that awul stretch of play. Team continues to be up and down, if they can consistently play defense we can make a run at that 6th spot down the stretch. Hopefully team comes out playing their "playoff" level basketball coming out of the break. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Let's go Hawks!!

I was proud of the Boys tonight.   It's good when you get to see 5 minutes of Knox and the Mad Bomber and JJ.   It says that the game was over early.  Thankfully for us, we were the reason why. 

Over the Break... I want:

1.  Capela to practice Free Throws with Mark Price. 

2.   Hunter to practice three point shooting with Kyle Korver.

3.  Bogi to practice Defense with Bruce Bowen.

4.  Kev to practice Defense with Bogi and Bruce Bowen. 

5.   JC to get in the weight room. 

6.  OO to soak up everything that Lou is teaching. 

7.  Trae to have a good time at the allstar game and work out some back room deals with a player who wants to come to Atlanta for a ring.  (come on down Zach). 

8. The whole team to learn toughness from Ivan Johnson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Bogi looked great tonight. I think he's coming alive for the stretch run. 

He wants his starting job back. Frankly I think it is crazy that he isn't starting. He has completely outplayed Kevin this month. You don't hold back a better player because another player is slightly better as a starter than a bench player.

If he isn't starting by summer Bogi will be gone. And I can't say I blame him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He wants his starting job back. Frankly I think it is crazy that he isn't starting. He has completely outplayed Kevin this month. You don't hold back a better player because another player is slightly better as a starter than a bench player.

If he isn't starting by summer Bogi will be gone. And I can't say I blame him.

I will. I don't understand why he's upset about not starting when he's playing the best ball of the season off the bench AND he's finishing games.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I will. I don't understand why he's upset about not starting when he's playing the best ball of the season off the bench AND he's finishing games.  

He signed a contract with us to be a starter. He could have went elsewhere as a free agent. He carried this team into the playoffs last season as a starter. It wasn't until he was hurt in the playoffs and again earlier this season that he lost his job from injury. For this entire month he has completely outplayed Kevin. Who in the world wouldn't be upset about not being the starter after that?

Being a starter matters to players. Bogi was already a sixth man in Sac. He doesn't have the years in him to go back to that role and then hope one day to be a starter again.  The fact Kevin was ass as a bench player this year and is better as a starter is not Bogi's problem and frankly it should not be. The best players should start and play the most minutes. Bogi is better than Kevin right now and I don't think it is even close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1