• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope nobody reads this....

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you could....

Draft Night

Would you trade:   JC, Bogi, 1st rounder  to LAL for AD/Nunn?

As for me...

Spoiler

I would not.   As interesting as Trae to AD could be.  I like both JC and Bogi.   I know many don't think of Bogi as being here for the long haul, but I think he can live out his contract.   And JC is Mr. Reliable!  

Heyul nawl!

That guy can't get motivated to play for/with his bff with title aspirations.  What makes people think he'd come here and do anything but get lightly injured every night until they decide to force a trade?

Davis is the most talented, most dominant yet the most sorry (lazy) player in the league. He's new age Derrick Coleman.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heyul nawl!

That guy can't get motivated to play for/with his bff with title aspirations.  What makes people think he'd come here and do anything but get lightly injured every night until they decide to force a trade?

Davis is the most talented, most dominant yet the most sorry (lazy) player in the league. He's new age Derrick Coleman.

We used to say that about KAT.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nobody said that about Towns.  He's not always hurt.

People said he was very talented but ultimately too soft and lazy to play the way you need to play in order to be a winner.  I think that is where D was going more than the injury issue.  Fully agree KAT has had excellent availability for his full career and is not at all the recurring injury risk that Davis is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

People said he was very talented but ultimately too soft and lazy to play the way you need to play in order to be a winner.  I think that is where D was going more than the injury issue.  Fully agree KAT has had excellent availability for his full career and is not at all the recurring injury risk that Davis is.

I hear you.  I just never saw the 'lazy' label, I guess.   I ... I mean .. some people said he was sawft tho 😏

It's funny though.  I think if you look at Davis' games played or w/e, it doesn't look bad.  But that stat doesn't take into account all the quarters and halfs he missed in the lockeroom (not)injured only to come back out fully fine.

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I hear you.  I just never saw the 'lazy' label, I guess.   I ... I mean .. some people said he was sawft tho 😏

It's funny though.  I think if you look at Davis' games played or w/e, it doesn't look bad.  But that stat doesn't take into account all the quarters and halfs he missed in the lockeroom (not)injured only to come back out fully fine.

Injury is my one big complaint for Davis.  And it is a big one.  But he is super talented and someone who could fit into just about any roster and impact both sides of the floor.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

About KAT...

It was after Butler abruptly left Minny.  Part of his criticism was that they were soft, lazy, and didn't want to win championships. 

About AD...  My contention is that he's never in shape.  Like Embiid.   I think his lack of working out puts him at risk of being injured.  BUT.  Some of his injuries... like Last night's is just a freak accident. 

From a talent standpoint... He's one of the best bigs in the game.   I just don't know if I would want him here... and that's not considering his injuries. 

• Like 1

AD doesn't strike me as the personality that would be open to leaving LA and Lebron for a team that needs him. 

The way he forced his way out of NOLA just to get to LA, I think where ever he gets traded to next, he will not stay long and will eventually lobby his way back out to LA or the Nets. He just doesn't seem like a dude that wants to work hard and build something from within. He is kind of fragile if you ask me.

• Premium Member

AD is looking like he is in damaged goods territory. A shadow of his former self at both ends even when he isn't missing games. Still, if we could get AD and be sure he could be healthy it would be a no brainer... but that's not reality unfortunately. Getting AD comes with a big injury risk imo. 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

AD doesn't strike me as the personality that would be open to leaving LA and Lebron for a team that needs him. 

The way he forced his way out of NOLA just to get to LA, I think where ever he gets traded to next, he will not stay long and will eventually lobby his way back out to LA or the Nets. He just doesn't seem like a dude that wants to work hard and build something from within. He is kind of fragile if you ask me.

I think you need to remember how that went.  AD spent years playing great for that team with absolute incompetence from the front office preventing them from competing.  He didn't force his way to get to LA - he wanted out for a team that would compete and this is one of the rare circumstances where I can't blame him.  He ended up in LA because they had the best offer for NOLA - not because he was insisting on a big market team.

He is a walking injury risk.  But I think the speculation about him not working hard or having a bad attitude are being completely overblown here.  I think he would be perfectly fine in LA or Milwaukee as long as the team was working to contend and had reasonable leadership.

NOLA was a dumpster fire for years when he left.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you need to remember how that went.  AD spent years playing great for that team with absolute incompetence from the front office preventing them from competing.  He didn't force his way to get to LA - he wanted out for a team that would compete and this is one of the rare circumstances where I can't blame him.  He ended up in LA because they had the best offer for NOLA - not because he was insisting on a big market team.

This is a bit of creative writing, imho.  He certainly wanted out and alleged that he would go anywhere. 

But it was clear he only wanted to go to LA, hence why teams' offers for him weren't great.  Let's be real, if he would've gone anywhere it's likely BOS's offer would've beat LA's.

Agree NO was, and is a tire fire.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This is a bit of creative writing, imho.  He certainly wanted out and alleged that he would go anywhere. 

But it was clear he only wanted to go to LA, hence why teams' offers for him weren't great.  Let's be real, if he would've gone anywhere it's likely BOS's offer would've beat LA's.

Agree NO was, and is a tire fire.

Davis was under contract for another season so I'm not sure how much he could tank the market but I don't think LA would have given what they did if he was intentionally tanking the market to end up there.

They gave up Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, the 4th overall pick in that year's draft (we traded for this to get Hunter), a first round pick lightly protected that converted to an unprotected pick, 2 unprotected pick swaps in 2023 and 2025, and an unprotected first round pick in 2024 that now looks.  Those pick swaps and unprotected picks look today like they could end up being gold.

That was a huge haul.  Doubt Danny Ainge was offering something better considering how he likes to do deals.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

That was a huge haul.  Doubt Danny Ainge was offering something better considering how he likes to do deals.

I dunno man at that point he was desperate all his gold draft picks were fading, he may have stepped up to save his own butt. He’s spineless like that.

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Davis was under contract for another season so I'm not sure how much he could tank the market but I don't think LA would have given what they did if he was intentionally tanking the market to end up there.

They gave up Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, the 4th overall pick in that year's draft (we traded for this to get Hunter), a first round pick lightly protected that converted to an unprotected pick, 2 unprotected pick swaps in 2023 and 2025, and an unprotected first round pick in 2024 that now looks.  Those pick swaps and unprotected picks look today like they could end up being gold.

Eh, I hope some others chime in with their recollections on this.

I recall it being very obvious and clear he was pushing to get to LA.

NO got a great return.

Both can be true.

• Thanks 1