• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope nobody reads this....

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

BTW why the heck do I keep reading this thread when the wish of the OP was that he hoped I didn’t… :indifferent:

….

The OP was wishing that the "FO persons and media folks who lurk here" wouldn't read it. 

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:49 AM, Diesel said:

If you could....

Draft Night

Would you trade:   JC, Bogi, 1st rounder  to LAL for AD/Nunn?

As for me...

Reveal hidden contents

I would not.   As interesting as Trae to AD could be.  I like both JC and Bogi.   I know many don't think of Bogi as being here for the long haul, but I think he can live out his contract.   And JC is Mr. Reliable!  

Street clothes? Hard pass..

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I hope some others chime in with their recollections on this.

I recall it being very obvious and clear he was pushing to get to LA.

NO got a great return.

Both can be true.

He may not have initially said outright he wanted to be traded to LAL, but he told other teams he had no interest in resigning with them. Then he really said he wanted to be traded to LAL.

When Anthony Davis demanded a trade to the Lakers and started threatening to not re-sign with other suitors in order to scare them off and force the New Orleans Pelicans to send him to his preferred destination in Los Angeles, a lot of people around the league got pissed off at both him and his agent, Rich Paul.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2021/6/15/22533517/rich-paul-explained-anthony-davis-trade-demand-lakers-right-team-new-yorker-story

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He may not have initially said outright he wanted to be traded to LAL, but he told other teams he had no interest in resigning with them. Then he really said he wanted to be traded to LAL.

When Anthony Davis demanded a trade to the Lakers and started threatening to not re-sign with other suitors in order to scare them off and force the New Orleans Pelicans to send him to his preferred destination in Los Angeles, a lot of people around the league got pissed off at both him and his agent, Rich Paul.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2021/6/15/22533517/rich-paul-explained-anthony-davis-trade-demand-lakers-right-team-new-yorker-story

Yeah @AHF put all that in your pipe and smoke it. 😏

I knew I wasn't misremembering and you tried to make me feel like a dummy. 😥

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I hate to say it but Rich Paul has way too much power in the NBA.  He seems to get his way by having his players sit and underperform. 

It's no different than the super agents of years past.

Actually, why is it any different than the super agents of years past for you?

Just because we know about it more now?

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah @AHF put all that in your pipe and smoke it. 😏

I knew I wasn't misremembering and you tried to make me feel like a dummy. 😥

It's no different than the super agents of years past.

Actually, why is it any different than the super agents of years past for you?

Just because we know about it more now?

You never saw Jordan sit out and say unless I get what I want, Im not playing...

As a matter of fact, which Super Agent made used his player to get him to the situation he wanted.

I recall the first time this sort of thing happened was Stevie Franchise. 

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You never saw Jordan sit out and say unless I get what I want, Im not playing...

As a matter of fact, which Super Agent made used his player to get him to the situation he wanted.

I recall the first time this sort of thing happened was Stevie Franchise. 

Are you prepared to say no super agent ever asked his player to take actions like holding out or being disruptive in some way to get what he wants?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Are you prepared to say no super agent ever asked his player to take actions like holding out or being disruptive in some way to get what he wants?

Arm Tellem...

In 1996, Tellem made his mark as an NBA agent by circumventing that year's pro draft to maneuver 18-year-old Kobe Bryant to the Los Angeles Lakers. "Basically, I kept teams from picking Kobe by not giving their coaches access to him," Tellem told Sports Illustrated in 2003. "I knew teams would be reluctant to take a chance on a high schooler without first talking to him and working him out."[1] From 2000 to 2001, he represented 14 of the NBA's first-round draft picks and controlled 13% of the players in the league—42, in all.[1] His basketball roster included Bryant, Reggie Miller, Baron Davis, McGrady, O'Neal and Brent Barry. As of the 2006 NBA draft, Tellem's firm had represented the most first-round draft picks of any sports marketing and management company for seven straight years.[30] Tellem and his team repped four lottery selections and six first-round picks overall. At the 2008 draft, they had six lottery picks and seven of the first 15 players selected, including Russell Westbrook, Danilo Gallinari and Derrick Rose, the No. 1 overall pick.[40] Tellem negotiated contracts of four years and $60 million for Ben Wallace; and maximum salary deals of five years and $67.4 million for Joe Johnson; six years and $86.4 million for Gasol; seven years and $126 million for O'Neal; four years and $50 million for Antawn Jamison; five years and $87.8 million for Brandon Roy; five years and $65 million for LaMarcus Aldridge; five years and $60 million for Al Horford; and seven years and $93 million for McGrady.[41] In 2009, Gasol reupped with the Lakers for three years and $57 million;[42] a year later Tellem hammered out Johnson's six-year, $123.6 million extension with the Atlanta Hawks;[43] and, in 2011, Rose agreed to a new five-year, $94.8 million deal with the Chicago Bulls.[44] When Tellem's client Anthony Davis was picked first overall in the 2012 NBA Draft, the onetime University of Kentucky power forward became the first player selected by an NBA team to play in a full-length season since a 10-year collective bargaining agreement was ratified by the NBA Board of Governors in December 2011.[45]

Courtesy Wikipedia. 

Now we have had a few of Tellem's players:  Joe & Al... 

Leon Rose:

Rose's previous and current clients include:

Carmelo Anthony,[10] forward, Portland Trail Blazers[10]

Renaldo Balkman, forward, Last NBA team: New York Knicks, 2010

Andrea Bargnani,[11] forward/center, Last NBA team: Brooklyn Nets

Devin Booker, guard, Phoenix Suns

Omri Casspi, forward, Memphis Grizzlies

Mardy Collins,[11] guard, Last NBA team: Los Angeles Clippers, 2010

Eddy Curry, center, Last NBA team: Dallas Mavericks, 2012

DeSagana Diop,[12] center, Last NBA team: Charlotte Bobcats, 2013

Joel Embiid, center, Philadelphia 76ers

Jonny Flynn, guard, Last NBA team: Portland Trail Blazers, 2010

Richard Hamilton,[12] guard, Retired

Allen Iverson, guard, Retired

Eddie Jones,[12] guard, retired

Aaron McKie, guard, retired

Victor Oladipo, guard, Miami Heat

Chris Paul, guard, Phoenix Suns

Dajuan Wagner,[12] guard, Prokom Trefl Sopot

J.R. Smith, guard, Los Angeles Lakers, 2020

Rodney Stuckey, guard, Retired

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, forward, Dallas Mavericks

Jonas Valančiūnas, center, Memphis Grizzlies

Kenny "Special K" Soll, Harlem Globetrotters

These are two of the top... Which guy has had a player to hold out for money during a season??

I'm thinking primarily about Ben Simmons and James Harden now.   James have played his card twice. 

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Courtesy Wikipedia. 

Now we have had a few of Tellem's players:  Joe & Al... 

Leon Rose:

These are two of the top... Which guy has had a player to hold out for money during a season??

I'm thinking primarily about Ben Simmons and James Harden now.   James have played his card twice. 

I think we're saying two different things.  I'm saying agents move in the shadows and their clients do strange things because of that.  Am I saying specifically that agents have specifically had their clients do specifically what Harden/simmons have done specifically?  No.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think we're saying two different things.  I'm saying agents move in the shadows and their clients do strange things because of that.  Am I saying specifically that agents have specifically had their clients do specifically what Harden/simmons have done specifically?  No.

Could you be a little more specific?

Specific GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1

Absolutely. The only problem I would have is giving up Bogi. I would remove Bogi and maybe add another 1st. Anthony Davis would probably say no but I believe he needs a fresh start away from LeBron. He is still a top 12 player and we need another star to play with Trae.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, TRW said:

Absolutely. The only problem I would have is giving up Bogi. I would remove Bogi and maybe add another 1st. Anthony Davis would probably say no but I believe he needs a fresh start away from LeBron. He is still a top 12 player and we need another star to play with Trae.

Back to the original thought. 

I have some of the same reservations that others have about Anthony.  Namely that he's one of these players that pushed his way out of a situation.  I like Loyalty.   If you sign the contract, my expectation is you keep your word... Not that if you don't like it, you stop being a professional and force your way to another team.   That was also my problem with Simmons...

However,  even with that, I don't know if AD is the right mix for Trae.   Trae needs a finisher at the rim.   That's why JC fits so well.   AD can finish at the rim but I wouldn't say it's his strength or desire.  The other thing is AD's shape.  He always seems like he's not in basketball shape to me. I know some of it is being injured a lot.   However, they may run hand and hand.   I'm surprised that Bron wasn't able to convince him to become a workout warrior. 

I think that is his main issue right now Diesel, I believe he got too big working out with LeBron. He lost weight after his last injury and he looked quicker and played much better intil this new ankle injury.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, TRW said:

Our firsts wouldn't have a lot of value to LA, as we would be projected to be at the very worst a top 5 seed after the AD trade. If LA is trading AD it's to rebuild, and if they are looking to do that they will want top ten picks. Any AD to Hawks trade really isn't remotely close to likely 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Our firsts wouldn't have a lot of value to LA, as we would be projected to be at the very worst a top 5 seed after the AD trade. If LA is trading AD it's to rebuild, and if they are looking to do that they will want top ten picks. Any AD to Hawks trade really isn't remotely close to likely 

Maybe in 2016...

But now...  AD is losing value fast.   He was already being criticized for not bringing it every night.. and now one more injury to keep up the Mr. Glass rep.   The problem is that no GM feels that you will get 82 games out of AD.  They would be hoping for a strong 50.   And regardless of how you use to evaluate him, if you're only getting 50 games out of him, he's no good for your season.

Shaq told the story of when he got to LAL and his thoughts were TV and Movies.. and Jerry West brought him into the Arena, turned off the lights and offered him a choice.   He told him he could be a regular guy or he could have his Jersey lifted to the rafters.   As I look at AD, I think AD was probably given that same choice.. and he choose regular guy.