• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Terrell, 

We can't send away probably the best player in franchise history because you're mad that we didn't keep Luka. 

SGA & Giddy is great.  OKC has a great foundation for the future.   But so do we...

BS...

Every Hawks loss, you show up to complain about Trae.  You might not be able to admit it to yourself but the whole squawk see it.

No I dont......I complain about everybody who I think deserves it.. Not just Trae.. But he's our max player.. It comes with the territory...

"To Whom Much is Given, Much Will Be Required"...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I was just playing your little game....

And best player in Hawks history based on what? Stats?

1.  Which player has led the Hawks team the farthest in the playoffs?
  2. First rookie since Michael Jordan to put up 45+ points and 15+ assists.  - Wasn't Luka.
  3. Passed Michael Jordan for second-most 30-point + 10-assist games by a rookie in NBA history.
  4. 5th player in NBA history to record at least 15 career 40-point games at the age of 22 or younger.
  5. Joined Michael Jordan as the only two players in NBA history to score 30+ points in three straight road playoff games against the Knicks.
  6. First player to record at least 25 points and 18 assists in a playoff game since Tim Hardaway in 1991.
  7. The youngest player on record to drop 20+ PTS and 15+ AST in an NBA playoff game.
  8.  Longest streak (11 games) in NBA postseason history with 20+ points and 7+ assists.  -Wasn't Luka.
  9. Joined Doc Rivers as the only Hawks player to record a double-double with points and assists in Game 7.
  10. Hawks' franchise-record for consecutive 25-point games.
  11. The youngest player ever to record 40+ points and 10+ assists in a Conference Finals game.
  12.  First Hawks player to score 20+ points and drop 10+ assists in three straight playoff games.
  13. The only player in NBA history to have 55+ points and 14+ assists in a single game -Wasn't Luka or Lebron.
  14. Trae Young has 17 40-point games in his career, tied with Kevin Durant and LeBron James for 3rd-most by a player in his first four seasons since the 1976-77 NBA-ABA merger. Only Michael Jordan (62) and Shaquille O'Neal (21) had more.
  15. Young in just his fourth NBA season ties all-time greats like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade for most 30-10 games
  16. First player in NBA history to record 45-or-more points and 10-or-more assists in a Conference Finals game.
  17. Players with 40+ points, 10+ assists, 8+ rebounds, 8+ threes in NBA history:
    1. James Harden (3x)
    2. Paul George
    3. Russell Westbrook
    4. Trae Young

Where's Luka??...

I want you to pay close attention terrell...  Look over the list. 

• Like 2

Our last 2 win streaks started with a win vs Milwaukee if Im not mistaken... Just sayin.... lol

1 minute ago, Diesel said:
  2. First rookie since Michael Jordan to put up 45+ points and 15+ assists.  - Wasn't Luka.
  3. Passed Michael Jordan for second-most 30-point + 10-assist games by a rookie in NBA history.
  4. 5th player in NBA history to record at least 15 career 40-point games at the age of 22 or younger.
  5. Joined Michael Jordan as the only two players in NBA history to score 30+ points in three straight road playoff games against the Knicks.
  6. First player to record at least 25 points and 18 assists in a playoff game since Tim Hardaway in 1991.
  7. The youngest player on record to drop 20+ PTS and 15+ AST in an NBA playoff game.
  8.  Longest streak (11 games) in NBA postseason history with 20+ points and 7+ assists.  -Wasn't Luka.
  9. Joined Doc Rivers as the only Hawks player to record a double-double with points and assists in Game 7.
  11. The youngest player ever to record 40+ points and 10+ assists in a Conference Finals game.
  12.  First Hawks player to score 20+ points and drop 10+ assists in three straight playoff games.
  13. The only player in NBA history to have 55+ points and 14+ assists in a single game -Wasn't Luka or Lebron.
  14. Trae Young has 17 40-point games in his career, tied with Kevin Durant and LeBron James for 3rd-most by a player in his first four seasons since the 1976-77 NBA-ABA merger. Only Michael Jordan (62) and Shaquille O'Neal (21) had more.
  15. Young in just his fourth NBA season ties all-time greats like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade for most 30-10 games
  16. First player in NBA history to record 45-or-more points and 10-or-more assists in a Conference Finals game.
  17. Players with 40+ points, 10+ assists, 8+ rebounds, 8+ threes in NBA history:
    1. James Harden (3x)
    2. Paul George
    3. Russell Westbrook
    4. Trae Young

Where's Luka??...

Who cares? lol...Hes a stat guy..

Are you saying youd take Trae over Luka? Seriously?

Thats just straight homerism..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Our last 2 win streaks started with a win vs Milwaukee if Im not mistaken... Just sayin.... lol

Who cares? lol...Hes a stat guy...

Those are not stats... That's HISTORY.... BUt I figured you wouldn't look twice... 
Best Hate Is Real GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

There is no excuse for that loss tonight. None. We literally handed that game away. One of Trae's worst shooting games and other than Bogi no one else really stepped up. 

I put a lot of blame on Bogi so.. he's no stepper upper...

Clint stepped up some. 

JC Stepped up some. 

Lou Stepped up some. 

In a close OT game, there's a lot to look at and critique.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I put a lot of blame on Bogi so.. he's no stepper upper...

Clint stepped up some. 

JC Stepped up some. 

Lou Stepped up some. 

In a close OT game, there's a lot to look at and critique.

Bogi had 23, 6 and 4. What are you talking about? That bogus foul that should have been a no call at the end of regulation?

• Premium Member

Just think...

If Bogi had not committed the foul and Cade had put up the three point heave and missed and we got the rebound and won by one.. how different would the conversation be on here right now. 

terrell wouldn't be trying to make a case to fire Travis and Nate and trade Trae.. while still saying he Loves the Hawks. 

Everybody who is predicting doom and gloom wouldn't be doing so.

We would not have even had an appearance by Hots.

Somewhere in a parallel Universe, we won that game and this thread is only 8 pages long. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Bogi had 23, 6 and 4. What are you talking about? That bogus foul that should have been a no call at the end of regulation?

I agree about the foul. 

However,  Bogi couldn't hold his man on defense.

Down the stretch, he tipped out a rebound that could have won us the game. 

In the 4th, he got shot happy and started shooting threes when the offense wasn't even set. 

This is a case where the boxscore doesn't give you the clearest picture.  

I say in this close game, it was the little things that we did that lost it for us... so it's just not bogi but those things and that foul sure did hurt. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree about the foul. 

However,  Bogi couldn't hold his man on defense.

Down the stretch, he tipped out a rebound that could have won us the game. 

In the 4th, he got shot happy and started shooting threes when the offense wasn't even set. 

This is a case where the boxscore doesn't give you the clearest picture.  

I say in this close game, it was the little things that we did that lost it for us... so it's just not bogi but those things and that foul sure did hurt. 

He did tip out a rebound and started looking for shot but he definitely played a good game. He was easily the best player in this game. Trae couldn't get a shot to go in to save his life. JC and the rest of the starters disappeared. Outside of Lou did anyone else even show up for this game? Blaming the only good performance out of any starter tonight seems a bit harsh. 

As I said in my first post, we have no excuses for that loss. Missing free throws as a team. All JC had to do was hit two free throws with 1.6 left in regulation and we walk out with a win. Another game where the opposing team shoots very well from three. Again. It is a recurring nightmare over and over for this team.

50 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just think...

If Bogi had not committed the foul and Cade had put up the three point heave and missed and we got the rebound and won by one.. how different would the conversation be on here right now. 

terrell wouldn't be trying to make a case to fire Travis and Nate and trade Trae.. while still saying he Loves the Hawks. 

Everybody who is predicting doom and gloom wouldn't be doing so.

We would not have even had an appearance by Hots.

Somewhere in a parallel Universe, we won that game and this thread is only 8 pages long. 

Winning this game wouldnt change what I think of Travis.. lol. And I never brought up trading Trae you did... smh

12 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Pistons win tonight.  Why?  Because Atlanta can't breathe the air of being a .500 team, that's enough reason.  Several times this season we fans have waited and hoped to see our beloved Hawks advance over the hump.  How has that gone down?  Like a dose of castor oil.  Ugh.  As a child, I had to take this.  If you have never taken it, believe me, it tastes terrible.

But Hawks have another player back.  Doesn't matter.  Pistons overcome the odds and the Hawks.  Wouldn't it be great to win tonight!  Ain't gonna happen.

😪

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Terrell, 

We can't send away probably the best player in franchise history because you're mad that we didn't keep Luka. 

SGA & Giddy is great.  OKC has a great foundation for the future.   But so do we...

BS...

Every Hawks loss, you show up to complain about Trae.  You might not be able to admit it to yourself but the whole squawk see it.

Diesel is on Terrell's ass . . . like one of those Law and Order lawyers.

Where were you on the night of March 4th Terrell?

Were you on a rooftop bar, screaming hate about Trae Young . . on a rainy night?

Answer the question!!

Law And Order Court GIF by Wolf Entertainment - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, terrell said:

No I dont......I complain about everybody who I think deserves it.. Not just Trae.. But he's our max player.. It comes with the territory...

"To Whom Much is Given, Much Will Be Required"...

No defense of Trae last night, unless he can't do something because of that ankle.

The biggest thing I noticed were the lack of floaters, and him jumping off the wrong foot for layups, which may be an indication that he's trying to compensate for something.

But he can't shoot like that and expect the Hawks to win, even though we almost did.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:
    1. James Harden (3x)
    2. Paul George
    3. Russell Westbrook
    4. Trae Young

Where's Luka??...

Go @Diesel !!!

Crowd Cheering GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The question remains, how do we win when Trae has an off night? Usually we don't have much of an answer.

Boston is 9-9 when Tatum scores 20 pts or less.

GS is 14-5 when Curry scores 20 pts or less

Mil is 4-4 when Giannis scores 20 pts or less

Philly is 4-6 when Embiid scores 20 pts or less

Chi is 5-8 when Derozan scores 20 pts or less

Dal is 4-3 when Luka scores 20 pts or less

Grizzlies are 4-8 when Ja scores 20 pts or less

Hawks are 4-8 when Trae scores 20 pts or less

So what's the deal?  

Bos and GS are the two best defensive teams in the NBA so that mitigates things when their star plays poorly. Dallas is ranked 6th defensively so that's their answer as well.

Milwaukee has secondary and tertiary all stars in Middleton and Holiday to help carry the load when Giannis has an off night.  

And Philly, Memphis, and Chicago are no better than Hawks.  

For the Hawks specifically, they SUCK defensively and have no one other than Trae that can put the team on their shoulders to win a game.  But in general, the NBA is a Star-driven league. When your star plays poorly, the team usually struggles unless they are elite in some other area (defensively or with secondary playmakers).

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Diesel is on Terrell's ass . . . like one of those Law and Order lawyers.

Where were you on the night of March 4th Terrell?

Were you on a rooftop bar, screaming hate about Trae Young . . on a rainy night?

Answer the question!!

Law And Order Court GIF by Wolf Entertainment - Find & Share on GIPHY

But yet he avoided my question like the plague.. Which tells me all I need to know...lol

Edited by terrell

51 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Boston is 9-9 when Tatum scores 20 pts or less.

GS is 14-5 when Curry scores 20 pts or less

Mil is 4-4 when Giannis scores 20 pts or less

Philly is 4-6 when Embiid scores 20 pts or less

Chi is 5-8 when Derozan scores 20 pts or less

Dal is 4-3 when Luka scores 20 pts or less

Grizzlies are 4-8 when Ja scores 20 pts or less

Hawks are 4-8 when Trae scores 20 pts or less

So what's the deal?  

Bos and GS are the two best defensive teams in the NBA so that mitigates things when their star plays poorly. Dallas is ranked 6th defensively so that's their answer as well.

Milwaukee has secondary and tertiary all stars in Middleton and Holiday to help carry the load when Giannis has an off night.  

And Philly, Memphis, and Chicago are no better than Hawks.  

For the Hawks specifically, they SUCK defensively and have no one other than Trae that can put the team on their shoulders to win a game.  But in general, the NBA is a Star-driven league. When your star plays poorly, the team usually struggles unless they are elite in some other area (defensively or with secondary playmakers).

If all he was doing was shooting poorly in these games it might be more tolerable. His decision making has also been bad lately. Some truly inexplicable passes. That full court pass into quadruple coverage in crunch time last night was a big time WTF moment.. Like wth are you doing? smh

Edited by terrell