• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

WB wont be there next season...No need to let him run the team.. This season is a wash...

I think they're waiting to win a few play-in games and make a run with AD in the playoffs.  But Phoenix......

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It makes me sick to see him just play selfishly with the 2nd unit. 

He needs to be moved in the offseason if hes unhappy about coming off the bench.. Hawks need an upgrade a the 2 spot....

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Delon has 2 pts, but is a team high +9 for the game.

@benhillboy must be smiling from ear to ear . . and mad at the same time because Nate doesn't have him in the game.

This the second straight game I missed I’m tripping bruh.  He would play 30 minutes with Trae starting smh.  Gotta catch bits and pieces of this 6:00 am rerun.  I do give Bally Sports credit for the numerous replays.

I don’t care if it was the G-League Blazers.  Any win without both your PFs (and damn good ones) is a solid win.

Obviously Trae was killing alongside Delon judging by the box score.  Shutting down dudes who just dropped 44 while the team has 28 assists to 4 stinking turnovers is the type of sh@t that should’ve been happening from jump street had Nate listened to me lol.  It just blows my mind that a former player with a 3:1 assist to turnover and the second highest defensive box of ALL TIME at 2.9 wants to squeeze out a guy with virtually a 4:1 and 1.9 box who doesn’t need any shots, will cut for Trae, and can man the point of attack.  I’ll never understand it.

Anyway looks like we in the midst of one of them vintage Nuke Trae runs.  And I’m present for it.  

How weird is it Dunn was the only Blazer with a positive +/- fresh off the couch tho?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@Diesel and @thecampster, what happen to Knox being good? He's worse than even the garbage I thought he was. He's worse than Dunn was last year. He's ass on ass. Jaylen Morris status. 

What's crazy is his shooting stroke isn't terrible. Its a bit inconsistent but from a buy his size, its okay.

Defensively, he isn't terrible. His effort comes and goes. Sometimes his energy is really good, but then he just floats to the corner and disappears. If he has a fatal flaw its that he's too much effort and not enough finesse. His finishing footwork is pretty bad. He gets his body turned the wrong way at the basket by either over driving or over creating. He's a really good example of someone that a year of college in a smaller program could have done him a lot of good (with a coach who teaches).  Al Horford would be a really good mentor for Knox. The kid just keeps trying to do too much.

For those of you who remember tip drills in Jr. High/High School. Where you just jump and tip the ball over and over to yourself off the backboard. All about learning the feel, distance, body, timing. Knox needed way more of that, way less of styling.

and I never said he was amazing, I just said I'd like to see what we have in him before crapping all over him. I've been a proponent (and I think I couldn't have been more clear) of giving minutes to JJ over a host of others.  I think Knox could be very functional but he's gotten some really bad coaching in his life. He could use some serious 10 feet and in footwork fundamentals. That's where he could earn his money. Cuts, rebounds, finishing, boxing out, help defense.

As for Knox long term, I am not and never have been an individual performance guy. I've always been a fan of "how do these 5 pieces fit together". I wanted to see how Knox fit with our guys. It isn't terrible no matter what you think you're seeing. He isn't finishing plays well but he is starting plays well, understanding the concept and giving our guys what they need. He just isn't under enough control to finish plays well. It all starts with footwork.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

This the second straight game I missed I’m tripping bruh.  He would play 30 minutes with Trae starting smh.  Gotta catch bits and pieces of this 6:00 am rerun.  I do give Bally Sports credit for the numerous replays.

I don’t care if it was the G-League Blazers.  Any win without both your PFs (and damn good ones) is a solid win.

Obviously Trae was killing alongside Delon judging by the box score.  Shutting down dudes who just dropped 44 while the team has 28 assists to 4 stinking turnovers is the type of sh@t that should’ve been happening from jump street had Nate listened to me lol.  It just blows my mind that a former player with a 3:1 assist to turnover and the second highest defensive box of ALL TIME at 2.9 wants to squeeze out a guy with virtually a 4:1 and 1.9 box who doesn’t need any shots, will cut for Trae, and can man the point of attack.  I’ll never understand it.

Anyway looks like we in the midst of one of them vintage Nuke Trae runs.  And I’m present for it.  

How weird is it Dunn was the only Blazer with a positive +/- fresh off the couch tho?

I'll tell you what.. Watching the game and statwatching the game gives two different viewpoints. 

Dunn played like boo boo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'll tell you what.. Watching the game and statwatching the game gives two different viewpoints. 

Dunn played like boo boo. 

My gawd was he terrible.  I was so happy when they put him on the floor.  Was he always this bad?  @bleachkit didn't you try to warn me about him?  That guy was a top 5 pick?!  Yikes.

• Like 2

Kevin Knox should be with the Skyhawks and playing big minutes.  JJ must stay there because Nate will not give him meaningful minutes.  Had he been there last night, he would not have played.

Bogie is in a major slump. 

Skyhawks have some very good players.  Seems that they are only G League good and not NBA good.  KK needs actual playing time.  Skyhawk country is the place to get it.  Promote one of the Skyhawk players (not JJ) to replace him.  If he refuses to go, suspend him.

Remember, back in the day, when I kept saying that Wright was all right?  I stand by what I said.

.500 !!  Finally made it.  As always, that next game is the most important.  We will be over or under when it is over.  We're on the home stretch of the season.  Time for some great coaching.  Let's do it!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🥰

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My gawd was he terrible.  I was so happy when they put him on the floor.  Was he always this bad?  @bleachkit didn't you try to warn me about him?  That guy was a top 5 pick?!  Yikes.

His problem is that he can't shoot.  And had the audacity to put up a three late in the game.   This was me watching:

Delayed Laugh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

His problem is that he can't shoot.  And had the audacity to put up a three late in the game.   This was me watching:

Delayed Laugh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Eggsactly.  Know how sometimes, when someone on the team takes an ill-advised 3 that happens to go in, it's a "no no no yeeess" moment.

Well, when Dunn rose up, that was a "yes yes yaaaaasss" moment.

I got beef with @bleachkit for failing miserably to convince me Dunn was terrible.  Do better, bleach.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What did we shoot as a team in this game? 35% from the field? My God. If you took out Trae's shooting and performance I don't even wanna know how bad we lose.

Bogi had been straight napalm since late Jan until the last two games. I hope he hasn't hurt himself again. If there's one guy on the Hawks that can't shoot well while hurt we know it is Bogi. 

If JC is going to be out for awhile and I think he should be with his finger and foot issues then we do need to give Jalen real minutes on the team. They moved Hunter to PF and I swear anyone in the stands could have come down and got more rebounds than him. That isn't going to work. 

Makes me miss Mike Muscala  (shudders)

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Point Diff Delon is what I call him.  Best +/- on the team with 4 points. I love that freakin kid.

I love him too but we gotta stop putting both he and Hunter in the game at the same time. There was one posession last game where both Hunter and Wright had open shots and they just kept passing the ball back and forth because neither wanted to shoot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2