• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

I know folks will gloss over how well Trae has been playing but they really should take notice.  The rest of the team has played like varying stages of garbage these past few weeks and he's carrying them.

Yes he had a few hiccups but, overall, he's been MVP level.

And, on defense?  Well, let's just say his alter-ego is starting to take over ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47np1bjsjqumum7j59ysk

#I'mSmittenWithThaMitten

He probably thought, fk it,  I'm not about to let scrubs on my team deprive me of $35 million.... lol

His 24 hour, 93 point performance probably locked him into at least an All NBA 3rd team.

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

If JC is going to be out for awhile and I think he should be with his finger and foot issues then we do need to give Jalen real minutes on the team. They moved Hunter to PF and I swear anyone in the stands could have come down and got more rebounds than him. That isn't going to work. 

Agree with this 100%. If Collins is out for an extended length of time, Nate has to give Jalen a shot. I'm pretty sure JJ can get more than 2 or 3 rebounds at the PF spot in 15-20 minutes. I also think he should be more acclimated to the speed of the NBA game (on defense) by now. His 3pt shot has improved to the point where he's a legit threat to knock down the spot up 3. He's also a lob threat and is great on the fast break as both a passer and finisher. I'm not expecting him to turn the season around, but he can clearly give the Hawks more at the PF spot than what I saw last game with both Collins and Gallo out. I'm not seeing a downside, especially if Knox/TLC are the alternatives. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When we we're complaining about backup pg.

Delon isnt really a pg imo.. But he's more of a pg than Josh Hart is....Wth.. Whoever mentioned Hart as our backup PG must've been drinking or something... lol.  All I remember was Huerter for Hart.. I was for that deal...

Edited by terrell

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I constantly catch him out of position and late on rotations. His effort is good.

He does remind me of Bruno in that regard. Bruno was always late in recognizing what was happening around him.  Knox has some good but I think has gotten some really bad advice. If I were advising him, I'd say he needs to work with a 15 feet in coach on both the defensive and offensive end.  A science of the game guy.