• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would we need to do to Keep Wright??

Diesel

• Premium Member

To me...  Travis hit a homerun with Wright.  This guy is miles better than every player we have defensively (save Clint).  There must be a scenerio whereby we keep Delon... He hasn't been played to his potential, but I think we're getting there. 

#KEEPWright

little too much vodka for lunch??!?!?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

To me...  Travis hit a homerun with Deron.  This guy is miles better than every player we have defensively (save Clint).  There must be a scenerio whereby we keep Deron... He hasn't been played to his potential, but I think we're getting there. 

#KEEPDeron

We can start with getting his name right.

• Haha 1

• Diesel changed the title to What would we need to do to Keep Wright??
  • Premium Member

Wright is not flashy, he’s not going to score many points, and he’s not someone who usually looks great by glancing at the box score; however, the eye test shows that he makes smart, winning decisions.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Wright is not flashy, he’s not going to score many points, and he’s not someone who usually looks great by glancing at the box score; however, the eye test shows that he makes smart, winning decisions.

Shouldn't you credit Chris Kirschner when you copy him word for word? 

The Hawks have Delon Wright on the second unit, but it was just days ago when Nate McMillan declared he was going to be out of the rotation. Due to John Collins’ foot and finger injuries, it’s opened a spot for Wright to get more minutes, but it is bewildering how the Hawks decided that they needed less of someone like Wright and not more — because it could not be more obvious that they need to replicate his level of care and production defensively across the board. Wright is not flashy, he’s not going to score many points, and he’s not someone who usually looks great by glancing at the box score; however, the eye test shows that he makes smart, winning decisions. He might not be the backup point guard that he was expected to be when the Hawks traded for him this past offseason, but he needs to play more.

https://theathletic.com/3198867/2022/03/21/pelicans-show-what-hawks-lack-and-what-they-need-next-season/

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Shouldn't you credit Chris Kirschner when you copy him word for word? 

https://theathletic.com/3198867/2022/03/21/pelicans-show-what-hawks-lack-and-what-they-need-next-season/

I didn't say that they were mine.. Just more points for the conversation.  Moreover, he never credits us when he uses our words or ideas. 

but back to the point...

I know that Wright will be a UFA this summer.  I know that we have missed the opportunity to extend him.  I know that we're already in the LT area... However,  What can we do or who do we have to move to keep him.

I hate to think that it's a see saw between Him and Gallo...  and I hate that Kev and Hunter will be sitting pretty making big money.  

I just wonder if we can use Kev + 1st for a Better 1st and with the savings... offer Delon something like a 3 year 45 Million deal. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Once we move on from Gallo at the end of the season, there should be some money to give Wright another deal.

I hate the thought of Move from Gallo.   He's our top shooter.  He's the guy that we can always count on for a guaranteed score.  If we could bring both Gallo and Wright back, it would be a good day for the Hawks. 

• Premium Member

I want to upgrade the backup PG spot - that's all I'll say. We've been "stop gapping' it for the last 4 years.

And it's not that I don't like Wright, I just don't think his defense as great as his metrics have been haven't had the overall impact from a total team perspective to offset the offensive deficiencies. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to upgrade the backup PG spot - that's all I'll say. We've been "stop gapping' it for the last 4 years.

And it's not that I don't like Wright, I just don't think his defense as great as his metrics have been haven't had the overall impact from a total team perspective to offset the offensive deficiencies. 

I’m here too. I’d love a Brunson. Rose 🌹

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, 

When I see Wright on the court, I see a better defensive player than Bogi and Kev... and I see a much more efficient three point shooter than Bogi or Kev.  He's just not a scorer.   I don't see him as BU PG though.  I see him as a OG. 

• Premium Member

I like Delon at the 2 next to Trae. I would ship Huerter and put Delon in the Huerter role in a heart beat.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, 

When I see Wright on the court, I see a better defensive player than Bogi and Kev... and I see a much more efficient three point shooter than Bogi or Kev.  He's just not a scorer.   I don't see him as BU PG though.  I see him as a OG

Yes he's a better defensive player....his efficiency from 3....meh......he's not even attempting 2 a game, so that's misleading and like you said he's not enough of a scorer to make up that difference.

• Premium Member

Yes he's a better defensive player....his efficiency from 3....meh......he's not even attempting 2 a game, so that's misleading and like you said he's not enough of a scorer to make up that difference.

Yeah but if you have a guy that makes your team defense better do you care that he's not putting in more offense when your offense is already a top rated offense and your defense is poor?