• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The Trae's turnovers are killing us is proving to be the worst false narrative of them all.  His number of turnovers relative to his production has never happened in NBA history.  

There's a few other narratives that bother me, but it's amazing how winning turns people away.  

NBA has the mvp race as :

1. Jokic

2. Giannis

3. Embiid

4. Tatum

5. Booker.

and then this :

The Next Five:

6. Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks (Last week’s ranking: No. 5)
7. DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls (Last week’s ranking: No. 😎
8. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies (Last week’s ranking: No. 6)
9. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (Last week’s ranking: No. 9)
10. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves (Last week’s ranking: No. 10)

And five more (listed alphabetically): Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors; LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers; Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz; Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns; Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks.

Now I'll concede the top 4, maybe even Booker.   Trae should be 5 or 6.  I don't see any argument at this point for 6-10 over Trae.   Certainly not Ja.  

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Y’all are aware they beat us by 24 in State Farm with Caleb Martin and Herro getting the bulk of the minutes eh?  They’re a dominant plug in system like Phoenix and Memphis, no cakewalks at all.

That said Trae is ending the season on a mini-nuke stretch like we’ve become accustomed to.  He singlehandedly showed the Bullets just how inept they are as a franchise.  He’s so close to 50/ 40/ 90 a great coach would have him there next season with even more floaters and catch and shoot threes.

I'm pretty sure they would be harder to beat with Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo in the lineup than without them.  Who said anything about cakewalk? Christ,  Houston isn't a cakewalk for us on the road.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

NBA has the mvp race as :

1. Jokic

2. Giannis

3. Embiid

4. Tatum

5. Booker.

and then this :

The Next Five:

6. Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks (Last week’s ranking: No. 5)
7. DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls (Last week’s ranking: No. 😎
8. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies (Last week’s ranking: No. 6)
9. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (Last week’s ranking: No. 9)
10. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves (Last week’s ranking: No. 10)

And five more (listed alphabetically): Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors; LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers; Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz; Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns; Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks.

Now I'll concede the top 4, maybe even Booker.   Trae should be 5 or 6.  I don't see any argument at this point for 6-10 over Trae.   Certainly not Ja.  

Most voters thought Trae would bust in the NBA. He hurt their feelings.. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I continue to post my thoughts on Gallo and wait for someone to post "Yeah, but "- - and so far, no one has!

🥰

Gallo is a matchup nightmare for a lot of teams... his Skillset complement Trae's Skillset a lot...

I wish he was a few years younger.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Gallo is a matchup nightmare for a lot of teams... his Skillset complement Trae's Skillset a lot...

I wish he was a few years younger.. lol

"A new broom sweeps clean."  Yeah, but the old broom knows where the dirt hides!"

😃

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Russell Westbrook but nobody else springs to mind from the last 10 years or so.  And Trae is much more efficient as a scorer than Westbrook.  (Westbrook was a .554% TS% that season, which is great for him, versus the much superior .601% TS% Trae is sporting this year).

I thought Russ but did he actually exceed 30 and 10? Was it like 2016 or 17? Ya that was nuts but good call, WAAAAYY less efficient and he was jacking up KD’s share of the offense too.

21 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Tomorrow, If Bucks beat the Celtics, and 76ers beat the Raptors, then the Heat would clinch and have nothing to play for Friday. 

Did you mean 76ers beat the Raptors or Raptors beat the 76ers?
Seems like we need the 76ers to lose.  Maybe it's a weird tie breaker thing though.