• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

If clint catches and finishes we win by double digits tonight. 4 Trae turnovers were Capella having stone hands.

People keep asking, is Gobert that much of a swing. Honestly, more than you can imagine 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Truth is, Capela is crazy valuable to us but man, his lack of finishing is really painful. Sure, Trae overthrew one of the passes but that one alley was one Clint had to come down with. Also, that missed hook man. These little things are the difference between a 1st seed and 9th seed. 

I watched Embiid miss a bunny (twice).. I said look like Clint. 

It occurred to me... sometimes you have to take the bad with the good and not complain. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Didnt care for the way Trae managed that 4th quarter. 

He needed to get downhill into the paint, especially on those last few possessions.  If he gets hit, maybe he gets to the line.

I'm all for him launching the 💣in the 4th quarter.  But only if he's in rhythm.  If he's in scramble mode, he should always try to get to the rim.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

People keep asking, is Gobert that much of a swing. Honestly, more than you can imagine 

Gobert is not going to cover our wang's ass on the perimeter.   He's going to lock down the rim and we're going to get beat down by three pointers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Amazing how the Hawks have a lead in the fourth quarter and the refs go on a 10-0 run in free throw attempts to give the game to the cHeat.. You can't beat the refs. Disgusting to see games with playoffs on the life being literally given to one team.

Just now, Diesel said:

I watched Embiid miss a bunny (twice).. I said look like Clint. 

It occurred to me... sometimes you have to take the bad with the good and not complain. 

Not when the bad is always backbreaking. We don't play good enough of a floor to afford the good with the bad. We need a lot more good, a lot less bad. Capela is giving us what his contract is worth so he's not underwhelming but we need better. A lot better. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He needed to get downhill into the paint, especially on those last few possessions.  If he gets hit, maybe he gets to the line.

I'm all for him launching the 💣in the 4th quarter.  But only if he's in rhythm.  If he's in scramble mode, he should always try to get to the rim.

I've become good with this.   Especially if Trae is in the corner.   Trae is the truth from the corner three.  We need to make that happen much more than we see it. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The Hawks aren't legit no matter if they get into this participation trophy tournament or not.

It could have been different if Schlenk wasn't a dumb bald fuckhead.

and look what crawled out of the toilet when we lose a game

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

So if charlotte and us win. And Cleveland loses. We have the 3 way tie. Who has the tiebreaker for 8/9/10 in that scenario? 

You think we win in Houston?  They shouldve beat the Raptors tonight..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Nah he wasted enough possessions with deep clanks this game.  Trae is absolutely elite on offense but he still takes too many of those.  It was the right pass and play even if it didn't go down this time

The long chucks have to be in rhythm.  When he's squared up to the basket, he can make that shot at a decent percentage.

With the Heat coming at him so aggressive, it's probably best that he drives into the lane to see if he can get to the FT line.

• Like 3

Just now, Diesel said:

Gobert is not going to cover our wang's ass on the perimeter.   He's going to lock down the rim and we're going to get beat down by three pointers. 

Lies. Gobert would have shut a lot of the shit Miami was doing, down. The wings seemed to do fine tonight defensively outside of Bogi. Delon was freakish out there. 

Travis knows what to do. Get Gobert. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Amazing how the Hawks have a lead in the fourth quarter and the refs go on a 10-0 run in free throw attempts to give the game to the cHeat.. You can't beat the refs. Disgusting to see games with playoffs on the life being literally given to one team.

I was through with the refs just by watching Jimmy Butler.   He initiates the fouls when he has the ball.   Poor Gallo... Jimmy drives and then drops a shoulder into Gallo.  Patented.  Then Jimmy never gets called for the stuff he does on defense.  

If you sat down and you watched Hunter play defense and you watched Jimmy play defense and you counted the fouls... I would be willing to say that Jimmy may foul twice as much from an unbiased official.   But somehow, he never gets called. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Diesel said:

I was through with the refs just by watching Jimmy Butler.   He initiates the fouls when he has the ball.   Poor Gallo... Jimmy drives and then drops a shoulder into Gallo.  Patented.  Then Jimmy never gets called for the stuff he does on defense.  

If you sat down and you watched Hunter play defense and you watched Jimmy play defense and you counted the fouls... I would be willing to say that Jimmy may foul twice as much from an unbiased official.   But somehow, he never gets called. 

Gallo needs to move his poor f***ing feet. Man, Gallo was killing us out there the most on D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

and look what crawled out of the toilet when we lose a game

That happens half the time.

It was obvious this team stunk months ago. They beat Houston or get in this silly tourny and win and they still aren't going to be good.

They aren't legit. They re the 10th best team in a 15 team conference.

The gap between Miami and Atlanta isn't even that big. Its minor but our f***ing floor is so much lower than their floor even if our peak is nearly the same. 

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

That happens half the time.

It was obvious this team stunk months ago. They beat Houston or get in this silly tourny and win and they still aren't going to be good.

They aren't legit. They re the 10th best team in a 15 team conference.

I think we close. I just think our floor is too f***ing low.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The long chucks have to be in rhythm.  When he's squared up to the basket, he can make that shot at a decent percentage.

With the Heat coming at him so aggressive, it's probably best that he drives into the lane to see if he can get to the FT line.

He had two terrible shots. He had been so magnificent late in games lately I will give him a mulligan. He's damn sure not the reason we lost. Stone hands Capella and why is he even in the NBA Hunter are bigger culprits.

• Like 1