• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official PLAY-IN Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I been defending Hunter for the last three weeks. Put some respect on his name. I heard someone say they would take R.J. ass over him. I felt disrespected. 

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

An actual team effort where everyone played with a sense of urgency?

It's been awhile. But it was a great team effort where the team clearly benefitted from last years playoffs.

Hunter showed some worth in the 3rd period. It just sucks that he hasn't been that aggressive more often.

Playoff Hawks

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I been defending Hunter for the last three weeks. Put some respect on his name. I heard someone say they would take R.J. ass over him. I felt disrespected.

Just a bunch of fans that don't know basketball saying this.  Hunter lost his explosiveness this season after multiple injuries.  He is just getting it back this month.  Even with that He is still our best wing defender.  Some Hawk fans just don't appreciate defense because the same people also wanted Delon Wright gone too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I don't know what we gotta do but i want Gallo back for a year or 2 more.  The dude is a key factor for the Hawks and the team plays very well with him.  When Collins comes back Gallo on the bench is just ridiculous and will give Onyeka some much needed help as a tandem big with him on the 2nd unit. 

Did Onyeka start struggling a bit when Collins went out injured and they moved Gallo to the starting 4?  If so maybe not having a legit big partner you can rely on next to him is giving him a few struggles early in his age.

Diesel and I even agreed. We probably need to give him that year next year. At one point I was like hell no but he's too valuable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I don't know what we gotta do but i want Gallo back for a year or 2 more.  The dude is a key factor for the Hawks and the team plays very well with him.  When Collins comes back Gallo on the bench is just ridiculous and will give Onyeka some much needed help as a tandem big with him on the 2nd unit. 

Did Onyeka start struggling a bit when Collins went out injured and they moved Gallo to the starting 4?  If so maybe not having a legit big partner you can rely on next to him is giving him a few struggles early in his age.

OO definitely needs a big beside him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Threezus said:

welcome to the dark side

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel and I even agreed. We probably need to give him that year next year. At one point I was like hell no but he's too valuable 

Join The Dark Side Of The Force GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Way too valuable.  He's the only player that can take advantage of those switching defenses in the post.  Hunter was doing it before all the injuries.  John can do it when he's on too.

Gallo's just way too important for us.

I've been trying to tell ya'll about Gallo since last year's playoffs.

• Like 3

Just now, Diesel said:

welcome to the dark side

Sir i was born in the Darkside  even my cat was named from the Darkside and the picture of her lol. 

Darth Lunar   Luna for short.

Also my cars tag plate is BobaVet  c5 corvette i thought it was funny lol.

271599361_4831511726909087_6605291933259227567_n.jpg

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've been trying to tell ya'll about Gallo since last year's playoffs.

I don't see Gallo losing a step.  He likes being here.   He's key.  I love when he gets the smaller guy on the elbow.. creates space and bust that shot right over them.

Gallo should give classes. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I was listening to them talk about the leadership of Pat Bev..  They said after a loss, he lined the whole team up and asked them what their role was...

I think tonight.. every Hawk knew their role.   Great win. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just a bunch of fans that don't know basketball saying this.  Hunter lost his explosiveness this season after multiple injuries.  He is just getting it back this month.  Even with that He is still our best wing defender.  Some Hawk fans just don't appreciate defense because the same people also wanted Delon Wright gone too.

Fans have been bashing him for his offense not his defesne.. ...Everyone knows we gonna need his defense at some point..(Even his defense hasnt been as consistent as usual).... But his offense has been ass lately.. No doubt about it..

Edited by terrell

Hawks with a time out.  Time to put in the bench players who haven't played.  NO!  No yet.  Another two or three minutes when our very important players might have been injured.  Then, with about two minutes left, finally, they get to play.

Nate, why?  Please explain.  Lead over 30 points and they still can't play the final five?  

Excellent win!  On to Cleveland where we must do it again!

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Hunter did work on defense vs Miles Bridges, might have helped the Horcats dodge this bullet. Yikes.

Miles Bridges turned down a four-year, $60 million offer before the season, betting on himself. He won that bet, as Bridges is now looking at a monster second contract.

“Bridges is clearly the present and future wing Charlotte wants to develop alongside Ball. After Bridges’ camp declined a four-year, $60 million contract offer last fall, sources confirmed, he is expected to command a maximum salary that could total five years, $173 million this summer. League personnel believe the Hornets will match any offer sheet for Bridges. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see Gallo losing a step.  He likes being here.   He's key.  I love when he gets the smaller guy on the elbow.. creates space and bust that shot right over them.

Gallo should give classes. 

Best fit at PF on the team imo.. True stretch 4.....

Edited by terrell